Several new TV shows worth checking out - Lucifer, Minority Report and Blindspot!

Mutiny

Unrepentant's Andy Griffith
Community Officer
Killing Eve season two was excellent, after finally showing up on Hulu so I could watch it.

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
Killing Eve season two was excellent, after finally showing up on Hulu so I could watch it.
You might want to check out Briarpatch on FOX, Sam Esmail (Mr. Robot) is writing it, very good and super weird. Only 2 episodes so far.

Fhaol

Promoter
If you want to see a kind of silly take on Supernatural try the Mexican version on Netflix called Diablaros :)

huntgod

Promoter
Several good things out there to binge right now...

Locke and Key, fun little show, nowhere near as dark as the comic but still entertaining and pretty well done, though there are sometimes where you really need to put your brain on hold...

Hunters, Jordan Peeles new Nazi hunting period piece...just fantastic, some nice twists, with reasonable explanations, quirky bits blended in as third wall breaking commercials. Brilliant actors and loved every minute of it...really don't want to spoil anything but a great show, Peele really knows how to push my buttons the right way.

October Faction, fun, shallow, but entertaining, it's not brilliant, but I still liked it and it's worth watching. It's a monster hunting show.

Harplager

Promoter
Anyone watched Letterkenny? I keep seeing references to it and HULU keeps suggesting it for me.

People keep recomending it to me, but I haven't seen it yet. It's supposed to be hilarious, though looking it up, it never quite seemed like it was my cup of tea. I might get around to it if I hear someone else bring it up, though. /shrug

huntgod

Promoter
Anyone watched Letterkenny? I keep seeing references to it and HULU keeps suggesting it for me.
i enjoy Letterkenny immensely.

I'd describe it as Kevin Smith's Clerks if the characters were redneck canadians on a farm...in a town with a meth problem. Really funny stuff...

Anyone looking forward to the second season of Altered Carbon? Apparently, all new plot and characters. I'm kinda skeptical, but I'll definitely give it a shot.

Death_Rictus

Shotgun Enthusiast
October Faction, fun, shallow, but entertaining, it's not brilliant, but I still liked it and it's worth watching. It's a monster hunting show.
I keep expecting J.C. MacKenzie's character to go "bip bip bip". This show reminded me a bit of Special Unit 2 with less humor. It was alright though.

Anyone looking forward to the second season of Altered Carbon? Apparently, all new plot and characters. I'm kinda skeptical, but I'll definitely give it a shot.
Sorta. The first season was such a wide departure from the book that I wasn't super thrilled with it.

Mutiny

Community Officer
Anthony Mackie plays Takeshi Kovacs in a new sleeve in season two as per his Daily Show interview last night, so not a new character. Also, I read awhile ago that Poe makes a comeback and I'm very excited about that.

huntgod

Promoter
Anthony Mackie plays Takeshi Kovacs in a new sleeve in season two as per his Daily Show interview last night, so not a new character. Also, I read awhile ago that Poe makes a comeback and I'm very excited about that.
I loved the books, I am curious to see how they handle the changes in tone. Altered Carbon is 40's detective noir, but Broken Angels was basically The Dirty Dozen and the last one Woken Furies kind of blended the two styles. I am glad they are not trying to use the same actor as Kovacs, he did a fine job, but body mutability and transition is such a fundamental part of the books that it would have bugged me if they hadn't.

ObiWanJabroni

Official Coiner of Terms
Community Officer
If you like dark, moody mystery type stuff, The Outsider is pretty fucking fantastic.

I'd say go into it completely blind though. Don't read a thing about it. If you get through the first episode and pay attention to the end credits then you'll know if it is something you should stick with or not.

huntgod

Promoter
If you like dark, moody mystery type stuff, The Outsider is pretty fucking fantastic.

I'd say go into it completely blind though. Don't read a thing about it. If you get through the first episode and pay attention to the end credits then you'll know if it is something you should stick with or not.
Mr. Mercedes is also very good, they have a crossover character, Holly Gibney, though in Mr. Mercedes she is a 30'ish white woman, it's interesting to see the two takes on the character. I am loving The Outsider though, Ben Medolsohn is fantastic.

huntgod

Promoter
Really enjoying LEGO Masters, they get a little dramatic at times, it is unscripted competition TV, but it's very cool to see the builds they come up with.

Our Cartoon President

I just found it last night, but apparently it's in the 3rd season right now. It's by Stephen Colbert, so if you're a fan, it's at the very least worth looking into, if not watching.

Mutiny

Community Officer
I think this discussion happened in this thread as well as some other places, so here's news for you: both seasons of Counterpart are on Amazon Prime now.

Last edited:

Dealer-san

Maestro
I think this discussion happened in this thread as well as some other places, so here's news for you: Counterpart season 2 is on Amazon Prime.
YAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS finally! I had all but convinced myself to get yet another streaming service just to finish season 1 and watch season 2, but my incredibly strained patience has been rewarded.

There is this YouTube channel called Gundaminfo, it is the official channel that streams many Gundam series for free to the world. They typically rotate their series every couple of months. Earlier today they added the original Gundam compilation movies, a trilogy that compiles the original 1979 series into a coherent story, so anyone curious about what sparked the whole Gundam franchise should take a look. It should remain on rotation for a couple of weeks at least.

Sub:
Playlist Link
Also the first season of ron Blooded Orphans went back into rotation. This is the last complete Gundam series they released. A group of child soldiers try to survive in a far future full of social injustices and mobsters the proper way. With giant robots:

Sub:
Playlist Link
Dub:
Playlist Link
Highly recommended. Great animation, music score and story.

Last edited:

ObiWanJabroni

Official Coiner of Terms
Community Officer
Cobra Kai is way better than it has any right to be. Assuming you have the requisite Karate Kid background I strongly recommend it.

Top Bottom