Several new TV shows worth checking out - Lucifer, Minority Report and Blindspot!

ObiWanJabroni

Official Coiner of Terms
Community Officer
I thoroughly enjoyed Haunting of Hill House. It was a wee overdramatic at times but it really scratched that horror itch for me.

So, about that latest episode of Doctor Who, don't even bother trying to watch it if you're a fellow arachnophobe. Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope

And just in case I forgot to say it, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!

EDIT: I just started watching Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. If anybody remembers Sabrina the Teenage Witch from back in the '90s TGIF era, it's basically a darker remake without the cheeseyness of the original show.

Last edited:
Wasn't that show entirely, 100% cheesy? I mean, there wouldn't be a lot of framework left to work with other than the general premise, no?

It's based off of the comics that started up a couple years ago. You are right, though, aside from the premise and important characters, it's mostly new.

Harplager

Ufficer
I'm a flawed person. Everynight, my bedtime story is Forensic Files. I have watched the entire series 3x. I put it on at night, put a timer on my TV and fall asleep listening to prosecutors figure out whodunnit. I usually fall asleep after the first one (netflix plays 3 before it asks if you're still watching), so each night, I'll back it up to the first one I don't remember, and watch away.

If you've never seen forensic files by now, you haven't lived a fulfilled life. Watch it.

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Ufficer
There is a pretty good documentary series on Netflix called A User's Guide to Cheating Death, It's only 6 episodes and each one addresses a different facet of the things we do and are doing to extend human life. Was interesting and picked up a few things I didn't know.

Not a TV show per se (outside Japan) but worth checking out...

https://www.crunchyroll.com/rascal-does-not-dream-of-bunny-girl-senpai/videos

I mostly ignored it during 2018 due to the title and cover image hinting some sort of ecchi trash, but those turned out to be completely misleading. It is a "romantic/slice of life/paranormal events" kind of story, obviously targeted at people with less than half my age and completely outside my usual tastes. And despite this, I found it to be one of the best series I ever watched. Writing is on point, the characters and dialogue are very well done, the animation quality and presentation are top notch as well.

I would love some opinions on this one, especially from anyone not into animes.

My main ones at the moment:

Lethal Weapon
Gotham
Vikings
Shameless (US)
True Detective (1st season is the best so far)
The Orville
Star Trek Discovery
Ray Donovan
Killjoys
Humans
The Expanse
Silicon Valley
Knightfall
American Gods

A few that are cancelled now, but worth a watch:
Black Sails
Outsiders
Outcast
The Strain
Inhumans
Krypton
Colony
Salvation

Mutiny

Unrepentant's Andy Griffith
Community Officer
I didn't realize The Strain got cancelled, was waiting for it to show up on Netflix or something so I could catch up.

The Marvelous Ms. Maisel season two was good.

huntgod

Ufficer
I didn't realize The Strain got cancelled, was waiting for it to show up on Netflix or something so I could catch up.

The Marvelous Ms. Maisel season two was good.
You could read the terrible books the Strain is based on :) I mean I read them all, but they were not very good, but I hate leaving things unfinished.

Mutiny

Community Officer
I'm enjoying The Tick season two very much. Also, Killing Eve season one was great.

huntgod

Ufficer
I'm enjoying The Tick season two very much. Also, Killing Eve season one was great.
Absolutely Tick Season 2 was fantastic...OA Season 2 was also fun and super meta, Santa Clarita Diet Season 3, fantastic and Sabrina season 2 was as good as the first.

huntgod

Ufficer
Didn't realize this had started, huge Super Troopers fan..watching them now, funny so far.

Mutiny

Community Officer
If you've ever been like, "sure, David Lynch is good, but what I'd really like is for something weirder and even more oddly sexy" you should check out The OA, because season two was a trip.

duuiosl

Banned
Impastor is about con man who ends up taking the identity of a pastor who is on his way to a new job, the premise is a little stretched in this day and age where finding a pic of someone or even in a faceless communication there is generally some sort of visual complimenting it in social media. Anyway, the guy that played Lex Luthor on Smallville is the con man and it's very funny. Definitely worth a look, even though the premise gets stretched a bit, it is a sitcom after all.

Harplager

Ufficer
I'm on episode 5 of The Boys. It's great, has a little humor, but jeez is it dark.

Top Bottom