Rift / Crystal's Application

Which game(s) are you joining us in?
I will hopefully be joining you in Rift.

Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply)
I am by far over 18...I promise. How old...lets just say over 18.

Are you a member of any other guild in that game?
No, None in Rift.

What is the name of the character(s) you intend to join with?
Gaattyla

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
Zannex is under application as well. He's my husband and best friend.

Did you read our charter and rules? Which rules translation was your favorite?
The Piratical Rules courtesy of that scallywag EatsBrains!

Do you have an issue using Mumble? (Being able to at least listen is critical for active participation in PvP/raids. Note that we don't use Vent.)
No, I think it's an integral part of MMOs, hard to be a good team without a voice.

Answer the following 4 questions. PROTIP: if your answer is shorter than the question, we will make fun of you for being boring.

1. Tell us the story of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing thing you've ever done:
Zannex, I and his daughter Dani were at King's Dominion in Virginia. Unfortunately I'm in a wheelchair most of the time, and today was no different. This was Dani's first time to be riding a rolloercoaster and she was stoked. Being handicapped, I was allowed front of the line privileges so we made our way around the back of the rollercoaster and up the little switchback ramps. Dani was getting more and more nervous as we got closer. When we got to the top we had to wait a few min. for the current ride to be over so I was backing my wheelchair up to get it out of the way, (it's the electric scooter kind, and pretty heavy.) I heard a scream from behind me. Apparently I had backed over Dani's foot and tore one of her toenails almost all the way off. She was wearing flipflops and there was quite a bit of blood. So Zannex and I raced her to the little First Aid office where they finished removing the dangling toenail since it was only connected by a little peice of skin. Bandaged her up and sent us on our way. We eventually got her on her first rollercoaster ride, but to this day, she never walks behind me while I'm in my scooter.

2. What is your Zombie Plan?
As I mentioned before, I'm in a wheelchair. This thing hauls ass too. So, I don't have a lot of mobility in the house, so I would take it to the streets Road Warrior style. Definitely put armour and a flaming joust on the front of my scooter and enjoy just mowing the damned dead down. I could also use my oxygen tanks and create a flamethrower. Compressed O2 is such the flammable little gas! I can see it now, hauling ass down my street, spearing zombies and then roasting them with my improvised flame thrower. Nothing like the smell of dead burnt flesh to get the blood flowing! I would probably have to spear Zannex too, because he would most likely be one of the first ones taken. He talks a bad game but...well, lets just leave it at that... :2thumbsup:

3. Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming:
Much to Zannex's shame, I collect everything that has Pink Flamingos.

4. If you were us, why would you vote you into The U?
Because I am the variatable baddass at farming and auction housing, not to mention I usually rock at DPS as well once I figure out the toon. I'm also a good person who knows the value of friends and teamwork.

Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the answers you give below:
Oh joy....I love being judged...do I get a ribbon if I get first place?

• Favorite Type of Music:
Jimmy Buffet and Pink Floyd

• Favorite Movie:
Greece or The World According to Garp

• Favorite Book:
Believe it or not, The Ugly Ducking has been my favorite book for as long as I can remember.

• Favorite Non MMO Game:
Mr. Giggle on my iPhone

Kiserai

Community Leader
This is a good application, but I just wanted to make a quick point: you have one sentence that answered #4, and another one that was a bunch of words I don't care about right this moment. Do you know which one is which?

Pick up an initiate invite and the mumble info, we'll be seeing you soon I hope :)

Need new answers to #'4, i personally dont give a crap about how you game, wanna know how you will fit in the social side of things, will you make me laugh?
What are you like on a night out?

The ugly duckling? There's got to be a story behind that. How is that still your favorite book?

If you don't mind my asking, how'd you end up in a wheelchair? Have you made it a point to run over children's toes since discovering what a rush it was? Any chance you could adopt my wife and I into your family so we can skip the god-awful roller coaster lines too? ;)

Crystal said:
I would probably have to spear Zannex too, because he would most likely be one of the first ones taken. He talks a bad game but...well, lets just leave it at that...
Zannex, buddy - you going to take that?

but I just wanted to make a quick point: you have one sentence that answered #4, and another one that was a bunch of words I don't care about right this moment. Do you know which one is which?
, wanna know how you will fit in the social side of things, will you make me laugh?
What are you like on a night out?]
The first part of #4 was supposed to be a funny, the real reason that you should enjoy me being in The U is in the 2nd half of the answer. WoW is the only other MMO that I've played but I have friends that I made 5 years ago through the game that I've met in RL and still talk to them today even though they don't play anymore. As far as nights out, Ummm...being wheelchair bound is a pain in the ass, my gaming time is pretty much my nights out. Thats why I really enjoy making friends online.

Need new answers to #'4, i personally dont give a crap about how you game
Now I'm all about trying to get to know the people who you are letting into the guild, cause I've been in a few fail guilds that just let anyone in...however...do you really need to speak to new joins like this? Just curious, cause if this is what being in the U is about, I'm not so sure. Maybe I'm taking it wrong.

The ugly duckling? There's got to be a story behind that. How is that still your favorite book?
I'm still just a kid at heart, and the moral to this story is still so very true today. No real story, just love it. :D

If you don't mind my asking, how'd you end up in a wheelchair? Have you made it a point to run over children's toes since discovering what a rush it was? Any chance you could adopt my wife and I into your family so we can skip the god-awful roller coaster lines too?
I'm in a wheelchair due to the fact that my lungs are failing me. I have Lupus which has caused Pulmonary Fibrosis. We are currently working on double lung and possibly a heart transplant through Duke University. So to answer your 2nd half of the question, I would trade you my wheelchair for long lines anyday. :2thumbsup:
Oh...and I run over anyone and everyone...not just kids. I'm an equal opportunity toe smasher.

Zannex, buddy - you going to take that?
He doesn't have a choice, he said "I Do" many years ago...now he does. :cool:

Pick up an initiate invite and the mumble info, we'll be seeing you soon I hope
Oh, and forgot to mention, I already got an initiate invite a few days ago. Zannex and I came in at the same time. I'm just slow at getting my app completed.

Hello and thanks for applying...

Be sure to read some accepted applications and note content and follow up.. These are crucial to the process.

Make sure to introduce your self as an applicant in game and get people you run with to post on your behalf..

Also joining us in mumble (ask and we will pm info) will speed things along. This is just a faster way for us to get to know you..
:thumbup:

After some consideration, Crystal and I have decided that the U is not for us. While we like idea of an easygoing guild, some of the things we have seen in the application process have turned us away. I appreciate the chance to be with The U for the period we were in, and we are not leaving with animosity. We look forward to playing with you all hopefully down the line if we end up in the same group/raid. Again, thanks and see ya in game!

Zannex said:
After some consideration, Crystal and I have decided that the U is not for us. While we like idea of an easygoing guild, some of the things we have seen in the application process have turned us away. I appreciate the chance to be with The U for the period we were in, and we are not leaving with animosity. We look forward to playing with you all hopefully down the line if we end up in the same group/raid. Again, thanks and see ya in game!
I'm really sorry to hear that :(

I'm curious what about the app process turned you away but I understand if you'd rather not share. I sincerely wish you guys the best and look forward to smashing some guardian heads in along side you!

I'm curious what about the app process turned you away but I understand if you'd rather not share. I sincerely wish you guys the best and look forward to smashing some guardian heads in along side you!
-While we understand the need to get to know prospective guildies, it seems like some of your guildies have preconceived notions of what the applicant's answer should be. Then they request for the applicants to change their answers until it satisfies them. To me, if an applicant has an opinion about something, than a person should take it as that, an opinion.

Again, no hard feelings, seems like an awesome guild. And like you said, we look forward to fighting alongside you in the near future.

-Zannex
(aka Jack)

Top Bottom