Rift Application -Sunrest

Which game(s) are you joining us in? Rift

Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply) I will be 35 next month, but got my new walker and dentures so I am good

Are you a member of any other guild in that game?
Was a member of Core on the Silkweb server. Great people to raid with, yet a new job has prohibited me from raiding anymore so, like WoW, I've turned to my lo0ve of PvP.

What is the name of the character(s) you intend to join with? Amerlamps (if available), if not, QQmoarnub

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
No friends as of yet, but I am likable and cubble like a cactus, so I dont see a problem making friends.

Did you read our charter and rules? Which rules translation was your favorite? Being an honorary pirate, i prefered the scallywag pirate translation, or the swedish chef, flerndy flerndy bort bort bort

Do you have an issue using Mumble? (Being able to at least listen is critical for active participation in PvP/raids. Note that we don't use Vent.)
Have never used mumble, but as long as i can hear and talk some smack, i will be just fine.

Answer the following 4 questions. PROTIP: if your answer is shorter than the question, we will make fun of you for being boring.
1. Tell us the story of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing thing you've ever done: This one was difficult for me. I had reservations about telling everyone about the time I got food poisoning from Dennys (dont eat the sausage gravy at 3 am). But I figured it wasnt too bad and decided to keep my date the next night and in the middle of the date... lets say I couldnt hold the food poisoning in anymore and not only threw up in my car but the force of it also caused it to come out the other end. Needless to say I didnt get a second date.
2. What is your Zombie Plan?
This answer would be way too long, my wife and I both have our bug out bags ready. Complete with crowbar, ALWAYS TAKE THE CROWBAR. Then its off on my murder spree, I mean survival. But never kill the 1st zombies, let the zombies kill off the slow and stupid people 1st. Ps. The wife knows she gets a bullet if shes bitten!
3. Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming:
I have 24 leopard geckos, I breed them. They are awesome little reptiles, tons of colors and patterns. I also raise their food, so I have a colony of thousands of meal worms, darkling beetles and orange-spot roaches. Cool or nerdy, you decide!
4. If you were us, why would you vote you into The U?
I would vote myself in, because i am full of win, with the exception of the numerous fails. But that just adds comedy relief. I can hold an intelligent conversation as well as get plastered and try to play the game with 1 squinty eye open. Plus I have cookies and everyone likes cookies

Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the answers you give below:
• Favorite Type of Music:
Anything not autotuned. Kinda old school here. I like all the classics: Beatles, Joplin, Tom Petty, anything hippy. But al the way up to and including punk; Ramones, NOFX, Guttermouth, Ataris....
• Favorite Movie: Goonies, by a long shot. Grew up with it and had my own deluded fantasies of finding my own treasures
• Favorite Book: Zombie Survival guide: Buy it, learn it, live it, love it
• Favorite Non MMO Game: Scrabble, I am a nerd, get over it. But I play a mean round of Scrabble

Hey, glad to see you decided not to wait and get that app in right away! If you get bored on your server and want to hang out, you can always make an alt on Sunrest and we can put it in-guild so you can hang out. Also mumble is going to be an important part as well as forum participation since we can't game with you directly right away.

The app is a good start. I see you gave us the short version, which happens pretty frequently but we'd love to hear more. For your date story, did you actually show up for the date like that, or did you stand her up? I think the latter would be doing her a favor, even if she never realized it, but showing up would be a bold move indeed.

As for your zombie plan, really anything of it that you want to type out we'll read. The question is intended to give us stuff to talk about, and there's a bit here but more is always better. A question on this one: Why let the zombies get the slow ones on purpose? I would think everyone you can save from being zombified is one less zombie to deal with down the road. Also, why the attachment to a crowbar, specifically? I would take a hatchet myself. It'll do just about everything a crowbar does, and also has a sharp edge that the crowbar lacks.

How on earth did you get into breeding reptiles? Do you sell them, or keep them all? How in the world did you talk your wife into letting you raise so many crawly things in your house? Any pictures? We love pictures.

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

:uey:

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
Welcome, welcome! Always nice to see fresh meat for the Sunrest grinder.

We're definitely your one-stop-shop for World PvP!

As for the application, don't be afraid to add a lot more words to it. We're all bored at work here, so reading long apps is a plus. We're really looking for something to dig into, to learn more about who you are. It may sound silly, but the application process is taken pretty seriously.

We're a larger than average gaming community that focuses on the people first, then the games. The great news is, once you're a member, you're open to join any Unrepentant guilds in any game we play. Loving Rift, but thinking about ToR or GW2? Great! So are we...the awesome part being you'll already have friends playing if you decide to switch, and you won't lose any when you move.

That being said, you can understand why this app process is important. It's also key that we get you on Mumble, play around with you (in game, of course!) and see if we all pay nice (and murder Guardians to death in the face) together.

So with that, my first question. How did you become an honorary pirate? Is this an offical process? Do you carry a caaaaarghd with you, or something?

I will not group with any toon named Qqmoarnub, just as a matter of principle. Sorry.

Well I will definitely rename to amberlamps if its available on the server. If you dont know what amberlamps is. Please youtube "ac transit fight". Its semi NSFW, no nudity, but just not appropriate for some work sites.

As for the geckos, I just kind of fell into it. Started out with 1, then 5 then 20+. Then my OCD kicked in and I started learning about genetics and how different color variations (morphs) are obtained. Most of that information is still way over my head. I have about 2 grand invested in them and I do breed them and sell the offspring, but most of the money goes right back into them. My wife was the nerd in school and took care of the tarantulas and hissing cockroaches. So she is cool with the beetles worms and roaches.

As for the zombie plan... I fantasize about surviving and if we kill off the first few then the outbreak wont spread and will foil my evil plans for world domination. LOL. I mainly just think how different the world will be once the infrastructure starts to crumble and we as a society devolves and actually have to regain the skills needed for basic life and survival. I love post apocalyptic and dystopian movies and books. The crowbar is amazing and all purpose. Its a solid chunk of metal that will never break and has about 4,245 uses give or take a few.

We want to live off the grid more. Our guilty pleasure is the internet. We get 90% of our entertainment from it. But we are full time rvers. And plan to start our snowbird activity when the wife finishes school. We want to live in our RV. Currently a 28 1/2 ft 5th wheel. But not living in it at the moment. My wife is in school to be an RN and plans of working as a travelling nurse with 3-4 month assignments. So we will be in a different part of the country a few times a year. Yeah we are the hippy nomads.

Really.... a carrrrrrghd. That made me laugh. No official process, anyone can be a pirate. Just throw an eyepatch on and say arrrrrrrrrrrrgh to everyone you meet. It works and you should definitely try it.

And I am sure i will ad more and more... I tend to ramble on about things for no apparent reason. I usually have something to talk about. I am going to make an alt and say hi. The pp on Seastone is lacking as well. And cant wait to get to a server that can accommodate my need to punch Guardians in the face. :p

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
Fosco said:
I will not group with any toon named Qqmoarnub, just as a matter of principle. Sorry.
I have no problem with it. We're looking for a fresh recruit to be the "icebreaker" at those big Defiant/Guardian dances we have. You know, a guy who's not afraid to run over to the other side of the room to ask someone to dance, in the hopes that if one does it, everyone will come together.

Yeah, especially if you've played the new Whitefall, you know exactly what I'm talking aobut. :D

So here's a question. You're out by yourself and you get jumped by five Guardians. What do you do?

considering that 1 or 2 are bound to be warriors and will kill me in 3 GCD's, or maybe even 2 since I am only r1/2 geared. I will curl into the fetal position and await the inevitable grey screen. But ill come back to talk my smack and get them to stay in the vacinity. Meanwhile, calling in some friends to melt faces and monkeystomp them in the mouth. Then do a little /flex and /giggle.

I dont mind being the bait in the new Whitefall game where every skirts around the middle waiting for the 1st one to run to the middle. Because I know by the time i respawn, everyone will be in the fray of battle then i can sit back and tyranny spam everyone and boost my damage meters. I may now 3 shot ya like a warrior, but cabbies can be a major thorn in the side or even a painful rash. LOL

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
Have you had a chance to move or create an alt on Sunrest yet?

The weekend is always good for some hot and heavy Defiant on Guardian action.

QQmoarnub finally did make an appearance on Sunrest and got a guild invite as Ambalamps. We were all off to Drowned Halls so he kind of got lost in the shuffle of the raid and the rest of us were laughing at Titan's thimble-sized bladder. :lol:

Aethyre

Rainbow Warrior
Was online today, seemed pretty enthusiastic about the warfronts with Vex. Descent sort, and hope to run into him again soon.

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
Ahhh! That's who that guy is...these people really need to make it a point to say, "Hey! I'm a recruit!" when they log in.

Otherwise, I just assume it's Bear's 19th alt he's trying to get to 50.

ironzerg said:
Otherwise, I just assume it's Bear's 19th alt he's trying to get to 50.
Hey, no more getting toons to 50 for me, five is enough. :lol:

BTW, where's our applicant? Getting a little quiet around here.

Seen ya logged in a few times. Haven't gotten chance to run with you though. You should really make it a point to jump into Mumble. That's where most of the debauchery goes down and where we communicate mostly.

Cya soon. :uey:

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
Come on, we're all at work. Let's see some posting here. I'm going to help out and move this one to the top of the stack.

Haven't been on since the weekend, but did see this guy in game, although I didn't know he was a recruit. I have yet to harass him about something. I have a fresh shipment of midgets coming via fed ex this week, and my tub of lard is half full. I'm debating mixing in the shards of glass and feral cats, but that depends on how funny this guy is in the thread.

He better make me laugh before I log in tonight :D

Really... they midget wrestling gave mt my lol for the day. I have been swamped with work. We are like 43523523 ppl short and the ignorant management feels its ok. I get the overtime, but seriously gets in the way of family time and game time. I am able to get my dailies done for the most part. But i promise ill jump on mumble tonight.

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
*starts mixing the glass and feral cats into the drum of lard*

qqmoarnub said:
Really... they midget wrestling gave mt my lol for the day. I have been swamped with work. We are like 43523523 ppl short and the ignorant management feels its ok. I get the overtime, but seriously gets in the way of family time and game time. I am able to get my dailies done for the most part. But i promise ill jump on mumble tonight.
I will also go to bat here for QQ on his delay. At the same time I mentioned it to Peeces (and his epic Mark Hamill zombie reply), QQ mentioned he was swamped at work and the best thing he could do was keep us all informed on it. And he did so. So for me, this is a positive impression, plus he is also on the face-sliding midget bandwagon, so that gets him points too. I'm pretty sure he'll keep on this app when RL allows. ;)

Aethyre

Rainbow Warrior
A wild applicant appears, he uses "work blows," its super effective!

No worries, real life comes first, just keep us posted

He left the guild last night without saying anything. I'm going to assume he just switched servers because I tried to send him a tell right after and he was not available. Moving to rejected.

Top Bottom