R.I.P. Sean Connery

Fhaol

Promoter
Dam you 2020! Damn you to hell!!!! Has anyone checked lakes for him walking out though??

GalacticKegger

Cylon Hunter

I remember my dad taking me to a Stater Brother's (50's & 60's grocery store chain) in Riverside, CA just after new years in 1965. The shopping center had cordoned off a huge section of the parking lot just outside the main entrance in celebration of Goldfinger which was premiering that week in the theater next door. Gert Frobe and Shirley Eaton were the attending guest stars ... along with Bond's DB5. I got to spend like 5 minutes in the driver's seat messing with all the gadgets. Everything worked but the weapons and ejection seat. Coolest toy I ever played with.

I was too young to be allowed into the premier but my dad snuck me in to a late night showing weeks later (an usher was the son of one of my dad's friends). I fell in love with Bond, and ultimately came to revere Sean Connery as "the man".

Darby O'Gill and the Little People (one of my all-time favorites) ... Entrapment ... Finding Forrester ... Zardoz ... Great Train Robbery ... The Man Who Would Be King (another all-time favorite) ... Highlander ... Hunt for Red October ... Rising Sun ... Presidio ... Indiana Jones ... The Rock ... and of course all the Bond films.

Damn. Looks like there will be a Sean Connery-athon in the Kegger household this week.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-13087132

Last edited:

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
Just fuck 2020 can we just skip to January?

Top Bottom