Octo10's (mine) art-sht-n-stuffs

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
Been missing you on Rocket League nights, man. Must be staying busy...which is a good thing. Hope everything works out for you, bro. You definitely kick ass; hopefully, once I get my ass in gear, I can start putting out my music with your Struggle Monkeys logo all over the intertubes. And hopefully people don't think the music sucks moose balls.

Ya, been kinda busy with r'l stuff, trying to finish off all of the current comissions and hopefully get enough money for tattoo stuff(appearantly it's not 500$ as i expected, but roughly 700$ but i only have about 350$ cuz of all the spending on bills n sht...). Just recently got most of it out of the way, so i think i can hop on rocket league todays night.
There is still that fuqen pron animation that i need to finish, but ohwell.. i still dont have sound for it so i can match it with..
And yeah, bout the music - it's awesome, hope you will make more and more of that good sounds you make with wood, strings n shit)

Ayyy~
Long time no see eh?
So yeah, ben a bit bussy with alot of stuff
Updates. yay:
- Got some commission with MrKryp (below is only one thing, cuz there was many of those and most of em don't upload here...)
[SPOIL]
[/SPOIL]

-Got some random art done for getting some folows on Instagram and local media
[SPOIL]

[/SPOIL]

-Just finished a fanart for some big streamer in hopes of getting commissioned from him or smthin'

[SPOIL]

[/SPOIL]

-And some other stuff that i can't remembeer right now

Sooo yeah, just q head up of some sort~

Attachments

You are so incredibly talented. Just...like I don't know if I've ever seen someone who is capable of doing so many different styles of art, and doing them well.

Ayyy~
Time for some more updates:

-tatoo stuff is still planned and slowly coming my way (have some comissions in the air that'll help me with that.. in theory)

-1page 1day challange on mah instagramms ---> https://www.instagram.com/0ctopusten/
Main reason for it - to get some portfolio with tatoo sketches

-had some weird shit happening in here as usual, mostly connected with feels and stuff like that.. but i'm fine, prolly, idunno, we'll see~

what's planned: hopefully get everything sorted out by the end of a month

Well, i was thinking about it lately, but yeah, not sure if story part is something i can pull off)
But lately i was thinking about starting one in near future, it's prolly gonna be vague representation of myself and some foreshadowing of certain events, but with a spiritual\soul'ish hook to them
like, for rough example, i have 3 chars atm with Coyote-punk ass, Sloth-timid ass and Shape - midway true neutral ass
even have some rought pencil sketches and words here in a sketchbook, panels with dream sequence and a bit more

Aaaand it's time for some more updates

-done some work for Wex
twas realy unexpected, random and reaaaally fqin awesome
and i gratefull from the bottom from my soul
[SPOIL]

[/SPOIL]

-draw for Krish
Hang in there bud, we all here to help you and cheer you up at least a bit~
[SPOIL]

[/SPOIL]

Other than that - some personal pics done, 1p1d ended and etc..
2 commissions gor canceled, 2 got layed out untill fqin summer and one is in the air cuz people don't have money yet. Egh, in other words - as fuqen usual..
So i'm trying to find other places or people to draw for.

personal stuff is someone's interested[SPOIL]
Other than that that - family stuff is fun, alot of fun, mom in the procces of divorcing stepdad, dunno what will happen (hopefully we can get him out of the apartment, or he just exits in the window after the court..)
Got hit in the face a day ago, mild nose injury(not broken) so yeah, that is that..
[/SPOIL]

Overall i'm kinda fine, used to that type of shit.

Damn, dude! You're really talented! Not many people can pull off so many different styles. You don't have one specific thing that ties all these pieces together. That's amazing!

Sorry.....I'm gushing a little bit.

You don't have one specific thing that ties all these pieces together.
well there is one, which is (as i call it) hard lines and flat shading , but overall yeah, i tend to spice thing up a bit here and there
though, i tend to like comic book style shading(b&w one, with black shadows n sht) and overall look of it (even though i still can't quite figure out and learn how to use it properly)
i've tryed to draw in "classical" style without outlines and softshade, but it's too much for me to handle, so yeah..

And yeah, Wex did put it on Slack avatar, sooo yeah~
He also has a gif version which does say "WEXED" after black sunglases fall on it

For the most part - a lot of practice by my own and reading\looking at things (mostly just trying out shit)
Though i did went to composition\theory course for about a half a year or so ( though i remember nothing from that now, lol), but yeah
It's all about the time spent on things, there is not much of a talent here, just had to draw alot of lines by now and they get better over time
and yeah, as for "how long" - have been drawing since i was a small kid, but only about 2-3 last years it's somewhat semi-professional digital stuff

Well whopty fucken doo here's some updates..
I'ts not really in topic of a thread, but i don't care at this point
For the past 2 month i had alot of commisions moved to indeterminate time and even more canceled. Today was a last straw to break my back. I've finished an art for a musical band and they said they really like it but can't pay for it, okay, down goes the picture in perosnal folder.. Then i've asked a merch store if they can buy some of my art for future use ( i've had price lowed extremely on that in hopes to sell it..) and they also liked it, but said that they'll get back to me in a few month time..
I'm tired. I'm reaally fucken tired. It's been a slow buildup of shit and now i just can't deal with that. I have a "job" that does not supprt my needs, i can't change it because it's the only thing i know how to do well, i can't find other job because employment situation is pure shit around here. I have equivalent of 20 cent on my shelf and 1 buck that was somewhat of a souvenir and i'm considering to exchange it for local currency and buy another pack of smoke. My parents are about to get divorced and i don't know to what that will lead at all. I'm just.. tired, very fucken much
I really don't know what to do now. Just wait and pray to gods i don't belive in to make someone want an art from me.
But the problem that i can't really wait, i have no time to sit around, there is probably about 4 days before money runs out from an internet bill (maybe more if i get lucky or someone here pays for it instead of me..) and i'm gonna get even stronger anxiety and nervousness after smokes run out..
I have like food and place to live, but for that i pay with people saying to me how worthless i am with my pity "job" of sitting my ass off infront of a computer and having no money to suport myself, yay..
I don't know what to do and sometimes don't even want to. I know that people have their own problems and they may be even harder but.. i feel like shit and i can't fix it even when i try my hardest

this is what i've finished:
[SPOIL]

[/SPOIL]

Krishach

Promoter
That's impressive. Can I ask what you usually charge for commission, in terms of a general range? Please PM if you'd like to keep it private.

Well usualy for random art it's around 50$, but i also ask people how much they are willing to pay for it, so there is place for bargaining (for example most of Ueys here gave alot more than i've asked, but on other hand some other commisions from random people in past run me alot cheaper just because there is difference in overall quality of life n stuff)
some commisions i did was around 500$ for commercial stuff(bands, companies, personal marketing use and etc), some was like 5-10 buck for emotes or small work, so overall, if i count all prices, it's averages out in about 100-150

Most people that do art commissions tend to charge at least part of the price upfront before you even begin the work. If you're having trouble with people bailing on you after you do your work, it would probably help to do the same. For most people, if they've already paid a non-refundable deposit, they won't want to bail with nothing to show for it.

Top Bottom