"New" temporary addition to the family (real purdy guitar pix inside!)

It's been a while since I got it, but I finally got around to getting photos.

This is a D'Angelico that I won a few months ago. I want to say it's my pride and joy, but I'm not able to make use of it. I'm left handed, and despite having tried in the past, am completely incapable of playing right handed. So sadly, she has to go. Fortunately, with the whole COVID mess, local guitar stores are closed, so I can still enjoy taking her out of her gig bag (which is really freaking nice) and holding her. Rather than computer parts as originally planned for the money, I'm going to put it towards one of these if they're still for sale when the time comes.

That is a nice looking gitbox. I'm sure you'll enjoy having a left-hand version. Question: what is the metal piece at the top of the headstock above the logo? Something to due with the truss rod?

Question: what is the metal piece at the top of the headstock above the logo? Something to due with the truss rod?
It's ornamental. It's part of the Art Deco design along with the tuners and truss rod cover. It's a throwback to the old D'Angelico Excel from the '60s. The truss rod is in the typical location, and is covered with the mirror on the headstock.

I also noticed I forgot the picture of the gig bag. It's much better built than any gig bag I've seen that comes with a guitar.

ChefBourdain

Ufficer
Tef are you a smooth jazz man now? Turning that tone knob all the way down and jamming out diminished minor seventh flat-eleventh barre chords while making the jazz face and saying far out, daddy-o?

Kidding aside, it's a good looking guitar. I always loved the "jazz box" style.

I like to play a bit of everything. The last couple years, though, have seen my playing go even further into the blues, while adding rockabilly, folk and even country of all things on top of that.

Top Bottom