Neverwinter App: Wotan (3/1/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Melnibone@raistylyn

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
no

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Put a twiglet in each ear at a party and ended up in hospital with a burst ear drum

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Best - I spent 18 months counting trees one summer

Worst - I had to go down manholes and push rods through poo

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Everquest - first rpg I ever played

Pacman - its cool

Jetset Willy - fond memories of drunk nights on my mates brothers speccy

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
Woman I used to work with - so stuck up and though she was better than everyone else - but she wasn't ...

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I am too old to be cool ...

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I am looking for an active guild who doesn't take stuff too seriously but isn't full of kids

you seem to fit the bill

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
I am hoping your guild has active members during UK evening time

Can you tell me is that the case ?

Almost done!

do you wear pants?
Yes

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
Shame on you for mixing Moorcock and Weiss/Hickman...

We want more...so maybe elaborate on how you ended up perforating your ear drum with twigs...

We don't take much seriously but the application is one of the few...so please revisit and elaborate frequently, keep the dialogue going.

Shame on you for mixing Moorcock and Weiss/Hickman...

We want more...so maybe elaborate on how you ended up perforating your ear drum with twigs...

We don't take much seriously but the application is one of the few...so please revisit and elaborate frequently, keep the dialogue going.
Well ... my then girlfriend (now wife) who was as drunk as me thought it would be funny to clap her hands on both my ears with the twiglets still in them

A visit to A & E followed, one didn't actually do harm but the other left me deaf in one ear for 2 months.

She of course blamed me for putting em in - wasn't her fault !

Hey Wotan, welcome to the app process. One of the "high and mightys" will be by in a while to give you the speech. I would highly recommend in the meantime that you look through some of our accepted and rejected apps so that you have a good idea what is expected and what to expect.

well just embarresed myself mightly with a spider run of epic fail :p

interaction was good and no complaints from mel dispite many many many boss wipes.

my delves with new peeps always seem to be a bust maybe i need to rethink my stratagy (more alcohol might be needed i think)

interaction was good and no complaints from mel dispite many many many boss wipes.

my delves with new peeps always seem to be a bust maybe i need to rethink my stratagy (more alcohol might be needed i think)
I've seen much worse than that in my time, thank for taking the time and listening to all my noob questions - I am surprised I only pulled one pack of random mobs :)

Go down manholes to push rods through poo? Like was it your job to make poo kebabs? I must know! Also welcome to the application process!

OK...we need an Avatar! Get rid of the creepy grey dude with no face. :D Show us a bit of your personality! Looks like you've been grouping up in game already, and gotten some feedback...good stuff. Like some others have mentioned, you might want to look through some of the accepted and rejected applications to get an idea of what we're looking to see from an applicant.

As for the cool thing...there's got to be something that sets you apart from the masses...can your fart a song? Can you name all of the presidents in order? Maybe you have the Countries song by The Animaniacs memorized? Do you know the air speed velocity of a coconut laden swallow? A hobby? Bueller?.....Bueller?

Ran with Melnibone last night in the embarrassing TOS runs. Automatically gets points from me for referencing Moorcock, and being of a respectable age. No complaints, comments or drama, despite a rather woeful outing on our part! All interaction was through UEY chat and PMs, and very good first impression.

Melnibone, the app itself is a wee bit skinny. Have a look through some of the rejected/accepted ones to see what people would like to see.

So ohms than Moorcock, what else did you grow up reading the most, and why?

Wish the editing text was same size as display!

I have to say one of the most concise aps that I ever enjoyed reading! When I saw the short answers, at first glance, I expected to be ready with the "Flesh out the app dewd, we're trying to get to know you..." I, however; see one who carefully chooses their words... nice:cool:

So.... rank these quotes and tell me why, please: (And pray tell what is your favorite quote of all time?)

"I am the master of my unspoken words and the slave of those that should have remained unsaid." Abe Lincoln

"Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story." Mark Twain

"Tell the truth, there is less to remember." Mark Twain

The avatar thing can be a pain in the aft to figure out the first time on this site (we have many geekier people than I that will help willingly, so ask if needed,) but a picture is worth a thousand words. No pressure, just sayin' ;)

Last edited:

i need to rethink my strategy (more alcohol might be needed i think)
Well long, when are you going to learn it? That IS your role in NW, to be the one that embarrass himself :D

And for the Alcohol.. Its a YES! we need you as drunk as cats!

Hey Wotan, and welcome to the app process.

I am hoping your guild has active members during UK evening time

Can you tell me is that the case ?
We have a lot of players that are active at that time, myself for one.
But we have a lot of people from every part of the planet, so no mater when you log in, there will most of the time be some online.

I see you have already had a run with Cats and Long.. I am surprised that you are still standing?

Since you have done a run with them, what are your thoughts so far on the community and the NW branch?

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
I'd like to see a little more effort put into some of the questions, though. Even if it's just a formality, at least it shows you care. Right now, it's kind you've gotten home with a really hot girl after a night at the bars. You've unzipped your pants, and pulled out a very tiny willy. Now she's thinking, what the hell is he going to do with that thing?

Putting in some decent answers to the questions really shows you know what you're doing :)

Ran with Melnibone last night in the embarrassing TOS runs. Automatically gets points from me for referencing Moorcock, and being of a respectable age. No complaints, comments or drama, despite a rather woeful outing on our part! All interaction was through UEY chat and PMs, and very good first impression.

Melnibone, the app itself is a wee bit skinny. Have a look through some of the rejected/accepted ones to see what people would like to see.

So ohms than Moorcock, what else did you grow up reading the most, and why?

I have always been interested in war games and ww2 in particular - I was a big Sven Hassel Fan around about the Moorcock phase too, I dont read as much as I used to but I also have in the loft dozens of David Gemmel, Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy as well as a crap load of MechWarrior books, damn shame there has never been a decent game made since MechWarrior 2

Hey Wotan, and welcome to the app process.

We have a lot of players that are active at that time, myself for one.
But we have a lot of people from every part of the planet, so no mater when you log in, there will most of the time be some online.

I see you have already had a run with Cats and Long.. I am surprised that you are still standing?

Since you have done a run with them, what are your thoughts so far on the community and the NW branch?
The people I have met so far have been very helpful and talkative, you can always get a good feel for people when things go pear shaped, there were many pears to be had in that dungeon last night but everyone kept calm and didn't bitch, a very good sign in my book.

Go down manholes to push rods through poo? Like was it your job to make poo kebabs? I must know! Also welcome to the application process!
I worked for the local council highways department - spent 6 months in the sewer team ..... shower every evening got home !

The people I have met so far have been very helpful and talkative, you can always get a good feel for people when things go pear shaped, there were many pears to be had in that dungeon last night but everyone kept calm and didn't bitch, a very good sign in my book.

Well that is good to hear..
I am looking forward to do some dungeons with you...

I have to say one of the most concise aps that I ever enjoyed reading! When I saw the short answers, at first glance, I expected to be ready with the "Flesh out the app dewd, we're trying to get to know you..." I, however; see one who carefully chooses their words... nice:cool:

So.... rank these quotes and tell me why, please: (And pray tell what is your favorite quote of all time?)

"I am the master of my unspoken words and the slave of those that should have remained unsaid." Abe Lincoln

"Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story." Mark Twain

"Tell the truth, there is less to remember." Mark Twain

The avatar thing can be a pain in the aft to figure out the first time on this site (we have many geekier people than I that will help willingly, so ask if needed,) but a picture is worth a thousand words. No pressure, just sayin' ;)
I will try find a picture that is suitable for an avatar.

Quotes

1 - good story - Honesty is a good thing - but makes for less interesting tales
2 - tell the truth - Being married - the complete truth can get you into all sorts of trouble
3 - Abe - tbh not sure wtf he is talking about

My fave quote in a gaming context is probably - I came here to kick ass and chew gum ..... and I am all out of gum !

Gwynn

Community Officer
So I heard you on mumble a little earlier today. I think you were running some content with folks? Any feedback from anyone who hung out with you longer than the five minutes I was around?

Yep more spider spankings and managed to not embarrass myself quite so much this time then off to see mommy dragon which we also managed to complete.

Good interaction and smooth runs all round A+ effort for me.

OOOOhh you wanted to know about Wotan?
Yeah lots of fun easy party and avoiding the football like the rest of us.

Top Bottom