Neverwinter App: nic67542 (4/0/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
gwags

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
No

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Hmm... my memory doesn't go back that far. But had a fun incident on memorial day as I went to my friend's bar-b-q. Hadn't been to his place in a while, so I was looking forward to seeing him and his family. I pulled up, saw many familiar cars parked on the street, and was excited that so many of my fiends had made it. So I opened the door (none of my friends ever bother knocking when we are expected) walk to his kitchen with my 6 pack (beer, of course) and then back pedal as I notice a naked woman reading a book, gaping up at me. I look at her, looked at the strange furniture, and said in my coolest voice "so uh, I guess Jason doesn't live here anymore?" She shook her head. "I guess he moved to the other half of the duplex and rented you this one? She nodded. "Ya, uh sorry about that. Have a good one".

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Bag Boy! I was young, carefree, and good at Tetris! Worst job: that thing that is keeping me from video games. responsibilities suck.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Masters of Orion (the original), diablo II, street fighter II. Classics with just the right number of buttons.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
There was this woman who kept telling me what to do all. the. time. I mean, she was hot and all, and that's why I stuck around, but there's only so much "stop playing video games", "come eat dinner", "stop smothering your brother with that pillow", and "I didn't give birth to you so that you could read comics all day" that I could take. And 9 PM bedtime on school nights... that was just ridiculous.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I am a mad scientist. For real. I am a neuroscientist and a pharmacologist. And lots of thing irritate me, also for real... Mostly star wars movies 1-3 (George Lucas is dead to me), but other things too.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I was told you had punch and pie.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
What are you wearing right now?

Is it ok if I wear pants occasionally while playing? My roommate discourages it, and completely disagrees with my no underwear policy.

Almost done!

do you wear pants?
Yes

Dear lord, this applicant sounds amazing! I bet he likes Firefly and Dr. Horrible as well! You have my full support!

-Really cool person

Welcome to the application process,

We don't take a lot of things serious around here, but if its one thing its the application process. It is here so that both sides can see who they are and find out if we are a good fit for each other or not, and if Unrepentant is the right place four you.

First off as people always don't seem to understand, Unrepentant is NOT a Neverwinter ( STO, SWTOR, GW2 ... etc.)- guild. We are a community of people that like to hang out with each other in all sorts of games,on the forum,some even real life. We choose persons to join our community very picky because once you are in you are in forever and in every game the community plays. As others don't play the game you are applying in they need a chance to interact with you and you need a chance to impress them,that's why not only ingame presence counts,but also forum activity.
We are laid back and you can mostly do what you want once you are in but for the application process we want you to be active and invest time and "work" in it. If you wont/can't do that,please let us know. No hard feelings then.

You'll notice people with different colored names. Orange names are officers in Neverwinter. The other colors represent officers in other Branch games. While all members give impact on whether or not they think we're a good match, the officers will vote on your application. In your title, the (0/0/0) is your votes. The first two numbers are Yes votes. You need 4 to be a member. The last number is No votes. Three No's and your application is rejected.

A good way to get an starting idea about how this works and whats ahead of you is to take a look at the accepted and rejected applications, some are funny to read, some are just.. well, better get some popcorn or a bucket, depends on the application. Another good read is the FAQ and the Guild Rules.

When you are ingame hop into our channel /uey (type channel_join uey) and ask for an guild invite. We also have mumble for voice chat, and although its not mandatory at all it helps to get to know you.Details should be in the FAQ, password you get by tell or pm when you ask for it.

Also I will remind you to stay active here in you application, on the forums, thirsty troll tavern is a great place for that, and of course ingame!

Hey Gawgs :) good to read your app! A neuroscientist eh? that's like a *proper* biologist ;) I did zoology, evolutionary biology and ecology at Uni so I'm pretty much the point and laugh spectrum of the bioscience world ;) but at least I give good stats... :p

SOOOOO I'ma pick on some of the things you said *puts on journalism glasse*;

1. Thoughts on Star Wars 7? now that Lucas has pimped it out for the last time to let Disney use it as a masturbatory exercise in "epic live action CGI" and JJ Abrams is going to lens flare the shit out of it, what are your expectations? Are you flat out boycotting or, like me, whining about it with a bitter hatred but inevitably going to go and see it anyway? :p

2. DII vs DIII? Why did so many d2 players HATE diablo 3? and have you heard of or played a f2p called Path of Exile? I gave it a shot when I was looking for another game to sink my face into, it's pretty fun but a bit unbalanced :p

3. Tell me more about your exciting Neverwinter career. Are you a veteran or a newbie mc newbieson? What do you like doing most in game? if you could add or remove one thing into NW what would it be and why?

and I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty disappointed that the end of your embarrassing story did not contain a lapdance. Poor show sir. ;)

Hey there and welcome. Zaln has already given you the low down so I shall get straight to the questions.
So I enjoyed your embarrassing story, but the thing that I really want to know is can you remember what the book was she was reading?

Hey Gawgs :) good to read your app! A neuroscientist eh? that's like a *proper* biologist ;) I did zoology, evolutionary biology and ecology at Uni so I'm pretty much the point and laugh spectrum of the bioscience world ;) but at least I give good stats... :p

SOOOOO I'ma pick on some of the things you said *puts on journalism glasse*;

1. Thoughts on Star Wars 7? now that Lucas has pimped it out for the last time to let Disney use it as a masturbatory exercise in "epic live action CGI" and JJ Abrams is going to lens flare the shit out of it, what are your expectations? Are you flat out boycotting or, like me, whining about it with a bitter hatred but inevitably going to go and see it anyway? :p

2. DII vs DIII? Why did so many d2 players HATE diablo 3? and have you heard of or played a f2p called Path of Exile? I gave it a shot when I was looking for another game to sink my face into, it's pretty fun but a bit unbalanced :p

3. Tell me more about your exciting Neverwinter career. Are you a veteran or a newbie mc newbieson? What do you like doing most in game? if you could add or remove one thing into NW what would it be and why?

and I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty disappointed that the end of your embarrassing story did not contain a lapdance. Poor show sir. ;)

Hello fellow science geek!
I’m actually very excited about episode 7. Though I prefer Jim Abraham’s movies to JJ Abrams’, he’s definitely talented (I enjoyed Lost and Fringe, and heard good things about some of his other shows). Plus there’s already a lot of comics/novels out there post jedi with great story ideas that he could draw from… so there’s a lot of potential. But most of all, Lucas set the bar so incredibly low with episodes 1-3 that there is no where to go but up!
tl,dr: I have extremely low expectations, so I’ll probably be at least moderately pleased with it.

So I played Diablo II religiously for a while back in the day (of LAN parties!). Unfortunately grad school happened, and I realized I couldn’t stay up until 5 am every night playing without failing out of uni. So I gave up video games cold turkey, and jokingly said I’ll return one day when Diablo III came out. For a while there, I thought that would turn into a permanent hiatus, but alas Diablo III was release, and I bought my first video game in many years. Now I haven’t played it in about a year, so the details are fuzzy, but I do remember enjoying it the first couple laps of the game with each character. Definitely didn’t hate it. But then it got old quickly, and I only found myself enjoying it when I was playing with my peeps. And it had a lot of hype to live up to; I know I had very high expectations. So the fact that it fell short of expectations was disappointing, but understandable (and statistically probable). At least Lucas didn’t have a hand in it.

We (my friends and I) switched over to Torchlight II, which was really good… definitely a case where the rip-off surpassed the original. Haven’t heard of Path of Exile, I’ll have to google it! Then I started Neverwintering and left that behind as well. I’m an avid D&Der, have been all my life, so I was intrigued by an MMO based on 4e (however loosely). It sucked me in and next thing I know I’m doing professions ever 4-8 hours. I’ve been playing for almost a year now, on average about 1.5 hours a day, and consider myself an intermediate veteran. I have 60’s of all the classes, but my main toons are GWF and Cleric. I’m a pwe guy; I don’t do pvp mostly because there’s only so many times I can die instantly before I start sobbing uncontrollably. So yeah… dungeons, skirmishes, and Icewind Dale have been my staples recently.

As for what I would change… that’s easy: I would make a fairy companion that looks like Felicia Day’s character in the Legend of Neil. That would be epic. And hot. As for other stuff… I could write pages on how to improve Neverwinter, from Foundry’s to character balance (all from PWE perspective, of course). When the book comes out, I’ll be sure to send you an autographed copy (for an extra fee, of course).
-Gwags

Hey there and welcome. Zaln has already given you the low down so I shall get straight to the questions.
So I enjoyed your embarrassing story, but the thing that I really want to know is can you remember what the book was she was reading?
Ha… no I didn’t notice what book it was, nor did I stare below the neck… I tried to keep eye contact so as not to seem like an even bigger creeper. I do, however, remember every aspect of that jaw drop.

Aw man, I wish I would have thought about giving her a lap dance at the time. I'm sure that would have ended really well!

Have you managed to run with any Ueys yet? Your app was interesting and you seem like a likeable guy so I look forward to speaking with you! Have you been in mumble yet? If not I really recommend it. It's by far the most entertainment I have had in awhile!

Have you managed to run with any Ueys yet? Your app was interesting and you seem like a likeable guy so I look forward to speaking with you! Have you been in mumble yet? If not I really recommend it. It's by far the most entertainment I have had in awhile!
I did have a chance to run IWD with a fun chap on Tuesday (ugh, can’t remember the handle off hand, I’ll remember when I see it). And yesterday I only had time to hop on and chat a bit with SlappedYak and some peeps (and a quick run of something or other). But tonight… tonight is megagame night! Hope to catch some folks to run with.

Heh, I finally realized that mumble doesn’t actually refer to poor mic quality on a laptop :confused: , and downloaded/installed the program. As for how to connect with the group, I’ll need some further instruction :)

Gwynn

Community Officer
Heh, I finally realized that mumble doesn’t actually refer to poor mic quality on a laptop :confused: , and downloaded/installed the program. As for how to connect with the group, I’ll need some further instruction :)
I'd be happy to help you with that. Catch me in game, and we'll get you set up. If you don't see me around, any member can whisper you the password.

I'd be happy to help you with that. Catch me in game, and we'll get you set up. If you don't see me around, any member can whisper you the password.
Thanks Gwynn! And just to be clear, I'm actually Gwags on Neverwinter. I foolishly signed on here through my steam account, and now I'm stuck with a different handle than in-game :(

Charlottesville, hey? Not so far from Richmond, mate...

What're your thoughts on the Modified Machete Order for watching Star Wars?

White Spot or Bodo's?

How many times have you streaked the lawn while gaming? (Hint: If <7, GTFO)

What is your personal kryptonite? (Mine = mice. I lose my goddamned MIND over mice. It's got to be a completely instinctual reaction since I tend to be pretty steady in a crisis.)

Also, get an avatar! That gray box is depressing as hell... you don't want us to think you're a depressing person, do you?

What is your personal kryptonite? (Mine = mice. I lose my goddamned MIND over mice. It's got to be a completely instinctual reaction since I tend to be pretty steady in a crisis.)

Also, get an avatar! That gray box is depressing as hell... you don't want us to think you're a depressing person, do you?
Free hint on the avatar... don't make it a mouse. :cool:

Charlottesville. That name sounds familiar. Oh...right. Loved the town, had a horrible experience with a long distance relationship enough that it makes me cringe when I hear the name. Won't hold that against you. Much. :p

Stupid question time:

Pirates or Ninjas?
Pancakes or Waffles?
What is your favorite color? Why?

Gwynn

Community Officer
Thanks Gwynn! And just to be clear, I'm actually Gwags on Neverwinter. I foolishly signed on here through my steam account, and now I'm stuck with a different handle than in-game :(
Ack... right... I knew that....

Charlottesville. That name sounds familiar. Oh...right. Loved the town, had a horrible experience with a long distance relationship enough that it makes me cringe when I hear the name. Won't hold that against you. Much. :p

PLOT TWIST; gwags is actually your ex here to take revenge.....

Charlottesville, hey? Not so far from Richmond, mate...

What're your thoughts on the Modified Machete Order for watching Star Wars?
Ah are you in Richmond? I occasionally make it over there for a show or party.

So here are my thoughts on Star Wars when I went to see episode one in the theater I was so excited that when the opening words came scrolling up, I started tearing up. And then the two Jedi open up some whoop ass, and I’m freaking out because this is going to be so cool. It was so beautiful, I had to hide my tears from the person next to me. And then the rest happened, and my soul died.

Even thought II and III were better than I (not difficult), I still have no desire to watch them either. No, I hate episodes I-III. THEY ARE ALL DEAD TO ME! Needless to say I prefer watching IV-VI and forgetting the prequels were ever made. One day I’m hoping Joss Whedon will re-imagine them, but until then I’ll just watch the originals (including Jedi without the hayden Christensen.

Top Bottom