Neverwinter App: Nadis (3/1/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Norian@nadisprime1

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
Negative

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
I really can't think of anything that would stand out from the mediocrity of stupid I usually go for when I screw up. I really don't have much shame anymore. If I do something stupid, I make sure to share it if nothing other than to give everyone a laugh.

I make a point of 'sharing' too much for shock value. I blew a stomach muscle while taking a shit at work years ago and occasionally co-workers still bring it up to this day... among other things.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
I'd have to say my current job is the coolest job I've ever had. I currently do Tier 2 computer support for a fortune 500 company. I'm coming up on my 15th year there, so it can't suck too bad... although like any job, it has its days.

The worst job would have to be a temp job I had after dropping out of collage... I was hired (for 3 months) to sort sales receipts. That’s it… for 8 hours. I had to organize and rubber-band sales receipts so they could be fed into a microfilm machine. What made it worse is we were regularly told we had to remain quiet, as if sorting receipts took concentration, or brainpower.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Robotron... Mortal Kombat... and I can't think of a 3rd one off the top of my head that stands out.

Robotron was the first game I ever played that used 2 joysticks... it was the shit back in the day.

I hung out in the arcades as a kid... was one of those annoying brats that could get on a fighting game (well Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, or Killer Instinct) and kick everyone's ass. Except now I'm old (40) and getting slow...

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
Son of a... writers block again. These questions don't seem hard until you have to start typing next to them!

I'm on a 'virtual' team. While I have 8 people on my team, I'm the only member of my team at the office I work at. I have a co worker in another location that I have discovered over time is a huge kiss-ass. He artificially inflates his monthly numbers to make himself look productive and he always agrees with my boss.

Yet it is something I just deal with, as I have no desire to add drama to my day... but two faced people drive me nucking futz!

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I have a wife, 2 dogs, and 3 cats. So it's basically like a fucked up version of the Brady Bunch at my house. (We were going for 2 and 2… but ended up with an extra cat along the way)

Yeah, that was a bit boring (other than my admission of being the male equivalent of the crazy cat lady) I'm sure I'll think of more to add later.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I've been MMO gaming since 99' (Everquest) and have been playing them since. I've been in quite a number of guilds (some of which I have lead or helped to lead) during my time as a gamer, as I feel it adds a lot to the game.

Yet the past few MMO's I've gotten involved with, well I've pretty much played them as single player games. So far that has been the case with Neverwinter as well. I have a 60 GWF who has been to a dungeon once.

So I decided to search for a good guild. Partially because I'd like to experience end-game content, but also to add to the fun of playing and to be a part of something again.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
How many active members currently play Neverwinter?

Do you do PvE & PvP, or just focus on one?

How many noob questions are allowed per day before my ability to talk is suspended? (I do have a 60, yet I'm still learning things I 'should have known' all the time)

Almost done!

do you wear pants?
Yes

doyler

NWO Guild Leader
hi nadis welcome the app process its one of the only things we take serious around here. think of it as a first date. make sure you catch us in neverwinter for a recruit guild invite stay active in your app and join us on mumble

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
Hi and welcome to the application process. Let me give you a little bit of a rundown on how this goes, since it's one of the very few things we take seriously around here.

First, if you haven't already, please get invited to the guild. We definitely like to try before we buy, if you know what I mean. In game /channel_join Uey and ask for an invite. Once you're part of the guild, hit "g" and make sure your forum name is listed in you Member note, so we know who you are.

Second, stay active in the game and in this thread. You'll notice people with different colored names. Orange names are officers in Neverwinter. The other colors represent officers in other Branch games. While all members give impact on whether or not they think we're a good match, the officers will vote on your application. In your title, the (0/0/0) is your votes. The first two numbers are Yes votes. You need 4 to be a member. The last number is No votes. Three No's and your application is rejected.

Third, make sure you've read the FAQ and the top. It has some important info on our community rules, as well as information about Mumble, our chat program. It definitely helps to get set up in Mumble and get to know people better. Ask in /Uey for the Mumble password.

As for your questions, we probably have about 100ish unique members playing Neverwinter at some point during the week. Typically about 10-20 people are online during weekends and Euro-Merican primetime hours.

We're pretty much PvE. We do some occasionally PvP, but most of our members put more effort into the PvE side of things. Without the ability to dual-spec, it's tough to have a build that's good for both.

And you get 1 question every 26 minutes. These questions above count towards your quota ;)

So what made you pick up Neverwinter, besides it being free?

Well other than being a fan of MMO's in general, I did enjoy a stint in DDO and do have a bit of history with Pen and Paper D&D games. (in a previous life) I've also read plenty of the Forgotten Realms books, so I'm a fan in those regards as well. (Yet I was able to resist the temptation to make a Drow with some sort of closely misspelled variant of Drizzt...)

oooo new meat. Another important subject I'm sure somebody will bring up is your lack of avatar. Some time, soon hopefully, you can fix that. We want to see you represent you in picture form. A 500 word essay on the importance of breeding in politics is recommended. Just kidding. Please don't. That's all we need around here.

You will meet many different personalities in game and in mumble. While most of us don't bite; we might nibble a little. Enjoy this process. It can take a bit, but can be great fun for everybody. You find out the most interesting things about people.

Hey Nadis and welcome to the app process!

what kind of dogs do you have?

And I can tell you, you need a proper flogging! I myself Is a big fan of D & D and have played for a lot of years.. Though I am just starting to DM.
And if any one my players were to make a char like Drizzt, they would be dead very fast ;-P ( I am a huge fan of the drow society, with a lot of drows under my belt. And.. yes.. just a drow nerd.. )

Yeah, I was just thinking about the whole Avatar thing earlier today. I used to have quite a stash of them... wonder if I still have them. Does this website support animated gif's for avatars? (just curious)

As or the dogs... we have a Labrador mix, and a "who the hell knows" mix. Both are rescue dogs.

I've read quite a few of the Drizzt novels, yet I haven't read any in years... so I don't know how many I've missed.

One of the Officers invited me into guild group today while I was on my lunch break. Had a good time, and thanks for letting me tag along! (I'm horrible with names until I know people... so pardon my inability to remember).

I've read quite a few of the Drizzt novels, yet I haven't read any in years... so I don't know how many I've missed.

One of the Officers invited me into guild group today while I was on my lunch break. Had a good time, and thanks for letting me tag along! (I'm horrible with names until I know people... so pardon my inability to remember).

well the books run from 1990 (dark Elf Trilogy) to 2013 (neverwinter/the sundering) And still more books are to come out.
And then a couple of other books and anthologies.
So if you haven't read in a while then you are properly missing a lot ^^"

But well tell me, what was it about the books, story and him that you liked?

Yeah, I was just thinking about the whole Avatar thing earlier today. I used to have quite a stash of them... wonder if I still have them. Does this website support animated gif's for avatars? (just curious)
Yes, and you need one! Come back and talk to us...

My apologies... RL has been sucking up a lot of my time lately. I figured out the Avatar thing... just had to get off my lazy kiester and look into my profile. (Still haven’t figured out where I edit the signature line... but I’ll get it)

I would like to answer Nagzidra’s question on the Salvatore books. (I ‘liked’ R.A. Salvatore on Facebook... that means we’re ‘tight’... right? ...and I'm a smartass.)

Well I can’t pick specifics as I haven’t read them in many years, but I would have to say the thing I probably enjoy the most is the central (and ongoing) theme of Drizzt overcoming the adversity of his heritage... escaping his demographic as it were.

In addition I think there is a certain fascination with “Evil”. Hell, look how en vogue Vampires have been in popular media for quite some time now. (My wife loves em) So what’s there not to like about the one guy in a society of nearly complete evil that decided to say “let’s try something different”.

My apologies... RL has been sucking up a lot of my time lately. I figured out the Avatar thing... just had to get off my lazy kiester and look into my profile. (Still haven’t figured out where I edit the signature line... but I’ll get it)

I would like to answer Nagzidra’s question on the Salvatore books. (I ‘liked’ R.A. Salvatore on Facebook... that means we’re ‘tight’... right? ...and I'm a smartass.)

Well I can’t pick specifics as I haven’t read them in many years, but I would have to say the thing I probably enjoy the most is the central (and ongoing) theme of Drizzt overcoming the adversity of his heritage... escaping his demographic as it were.

In addition I think there is a certain fascination with “Evil”. Hell, look how en vogue Vampires have been in popular media for quite some time now. (My wife loves em) So what’s there not to like about the one guy in a society of nearly complete evil that decided to say “let’s try something different”.
when it comes RL sucking you back in to the real word we can understand. We all have to deal with RL to. Just if you know that you will not be online for some days, go in and drop a post about it..
Or you can risk people voting no since your not being active on your app. and we would not want that ;-P

well I would most defiantly think that if you liked him on Facebook, you are becoming such great friends that he will drop the book of Drizzt and start on a new one with you as the man char ^^

well I can understand that people find the subject of overcoming your heritage interesting, and something most people can relate to.
And as you might know the books of Drizzt have been talk about for a lot of years both good and bad..

I don't know how it was in the rest of the world, but here in DK when you were to play D & D people would not let anyone play a Drow, just out of fear that they would make some like Drizzt.. And unfortunate a lot of people did.. =( witch in my opinion ruins the entire purpose of playing a Drow.

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
And just to let you know, we're going to do another dungeon day this Saturday. Should be a good opportunity to get to know more people.

http://www.unrepentantgaming.com/forum/showthread.php?70709-Sloppy-Seconds-Saturday-January-11th-%28ALL-DAY%29

Due to the overwhelming number of virgins sacrificed to the dungeon gods last Saturday, we're going to strike while the irons are still firmly around the wrists of our new members and applicants.

Let's do it again this Saturday. Who want's Sloppy Seconds? Since we have such a diverse group of people play, there's no set time. It's all day, all the time.

This Saturday, all day, let's encourage everyone to get into dungeons (at all levels). I'd love to see our current members also make an effort to grab recruits and new members and get to know them. You know what they say, "friends that get eaten by dragons together stay together."

And if you get a chance to play with a new recruit this weekend, make sure to stop by their thread and put in a good word or two (or bad, it happens ;)) about them!

I don't know how it was in the rest of the world, but here in DK when you were to play D & D people would not let anyone play a Drow, just out of fear that they would make some like Drizzt.. And unfortunate a lot of people did.. =( witch in my opinion ruins the entire purpose of playing a Drow.
I imagine you'd run into similar feelings most places that have a large "Drizzt" fanbase. I do remember going through an all Evil Underdark (Drow, Duergar, and the ike) campaign at one point.

And just to let you know, we're going to do another dungeon day this Saturday. Should be a good opportunity to get to know more people.
Sounds good, and thanks for the heads up. I should be online for at least part of Saturday and will see if I can get myself wedged into a guild group.

How does this make you feel?

How about this? Fun times, or horrific spinal cord injury waiting to happen?

How does this make you feel?

Hungry. (Hungry is an emotion... when it comes to bacon.) I am a member of the bacon fan club, in good standing I might add. I have cut down on my bacon intake however... just so I can continue to enjoy it for a few extra years.

How about this? Fun times, or horrific spinal cord injury waiting to happen?

Looks like a hell of a lot of fun, yet I would likely be in traction or weeks... at least.

doyler

NWO Guild Leader
i ran with nadis today he listened well and did really good great interaction on mumble

Thanks for bringing me along, had a blast. So far I'm very impressed with the caliber of people here.

Great feedback Nadis. Glad things are going well here.
So, a member of a bacon fanclub....do you give me any suggestions for pasta and bacon (but not carbonara, i'm a bit over that!)

Top Bottom