Neverwinter App: morgatal (4/0/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Thraskyr Ogg@morgatal

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
No

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
I was coming off a plane in Mexico carrying luggage and my pants fell down.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
The coolest job was as a serving boy dressed as Bacchus for a party, dispensing food and wine to the guests. The worst was as a janitor for my aunt's restaurant as a teenager, having to clean up the bathrooms.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. Or SMAC. The best of Civ. City of Heroes (RIP). l love superheroes, and it had the best community. The third is a rotating roster of Tower Defense games on my phone, they are quick to start and end and are good mindless fun.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
I don't know anyone annoying in my adult life. As a teenager there were many annoying classmates, mostly bullies.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I went to Iceland this summer on a cruise. It was amazing, and I'm very lucky.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
You seem like you know how to have a good time.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
How many members are usually active at any time?
Do you have any regularly scheduled events?

Almost done!

do you wear pants?
No

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
So...this is like the McDonald's hamburger of apps. Sure, I'm not going to turn one down, but it'd be nice to see a little more meat.

Any more color to add to the pants down in Mexico story?

How'd you find out about the U? Anything besides the big sign saying, "We're easy and looking for a good time" that made you take a look? How do you feel about joining a community instead of just a game.

And why male models?

Some meat

So...this is like the McDonald's hamburger of apps. Sure, I'm not going to turn one down, but it'd be nice to see a little more meat.

Any more color to add to the pants down in Mexico story?

How'd you find out about the U? Anything besides the big sign saying, "We're easy and looking for a good time" that made you take a look? How do you feel about joining a community instead of just a game.

And why male models?

The most color there was my beet-red face. And the laughter of teenagers.

I found out about the U from the Neverwinter forums, reading over a hundred posts recommending your guild.

Wait....you say "easy" like it's a bad thing...

I've already joined the game. Finding a community is a lot harder. From what I've seen so far, you guys are easygoing, but really competent, and I want to be a part of that.

I'm not sure what you are asking about with the male models? If you mean dressing up as Bacchus, it was a Greek-themed toga party for a gay bear event. I was volunteering, and they liked my costume so much they drafted me to mingle and pass out appetizers. Here's how I looked:

Was this meaty enough?

Last edited:
Hmmm. I put a picture in there, but it did not seem to take.

EDIT: Figured it out.

Last edited:
You do actually look like Bacchus <3 I love it ^.^ Meat point +1 but I'd love to hear a bit more about you! So tell me more about your trip to Iceland? Where you there on holiday? What made you want to go? Did you discover any of the "little people"?

Also *puts on serious, hard hitting journalism face*; if you could delete any film or series of films from history, just erase their existance, what would you remove and why? :eek:

Oh wow! The Bacchus costume is throwing around all kinds of win. :eek: Welcome to the awesomeness that is apping! Tell us about something that outside of gaming that you really like to do. Do you have any neat hobbies?

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. Or SMAC. The best of Civ. City of Heroes (RIP). l love superheroes, and it had the best community. The third is a rotating roster of Tower Defense games on my phone, they are quick to start and end and are good mindless fun.
SMAC was definitely the best Civ game and City of Heroes/Villains was also a pretty sweet game so good answers there. If your into superheroes have you tried Marvel Heroes? Its f2p and is basically diablo with marvel superheroes. Also, what would be your prime choice of superpower(s) and why?

I went to Iceland this summer on a cruise. It was amazing, and I'm very lucky.
If it was so amazing then surely you can tell us more about it than simply that you went there. I for one have never been since I am a coldaphobic but I hear its quite... nice... ish...

You do actually look like Bacchus <3 I love it ^.^ Meat point +1 but I'd love to hear a bit more about you! So tell me more about your trip to Iceland? Where you there on holiday? What made you want to go? Did you discover any of the "little people"?

Also *puts on serious, hard hitting journalism face*; if you could delete any film or series of films from history, just erase their existance, what would you remove and why? :eek:
The Iceland trip was actually a cruise on a National Geographic ship. My partner's mother said, "I'm going on this cruise, and I'm paying for the whole family to go." We wisely said that was OK with us. The cruise started in Reykjavik and circumnavigated the island, taking a week. The ship had little Zodiac inflatable boats, so we could land anywhere. And there were guest lecturers in historic and scientific fields.

We didn't see any elves, but I did see a troll:

My inner geek (OK, who are we kidding, my outside is all geek too) is screaming at me to delete all the Star Wars films after the first 3.

(Puts on serious, film historian face) Birth of a Nation. The racism, it burns.

Outside of gaming, I like gaming. I mean, I play D&D and other roleplaying games with 3 different groups. I play board games about once a week. I'm really into gaming a lot.

Other than that, I like to watch movies and TV at home, I garden a little bit (It's a very good year for tomatoes here), and I like to cook.

SMAC was definitely the best Civ game and City of Heroes/Villains was also a pretty sweet game so good answers there. If your into superheroes have you tried Marvel Heroes? Its f2p and is basically diablo with marvel superheroes. Also, what would be your prime choice of superpower(s) and why?

If it was so amazing then surely you can tell us more about it than simply that you went there. I for one have never been since I am a coldaphobic but I hear its quite... nice... ish...

I haven't tried Marvel Heroes, thanks for the recommendation. I tried Champions Online but found it kinda lackluster. With superpowers, there are so many to want. I guess the whole Superman set would be nice to play with, but for something more practical in the real world, I'd like either shapeshifting or teleportation.

We went to Iceland in July, so it wasn't really that cold, mostly in the 50s to 70s everywhere we went. Except for that one time on the glacier. That was kinda cold, but it was foggy and rainy so it was really just more miserable than anything. That was the only bad weather we had, it was gorgeous the rest of the time. Like you, I don't think I'd want to go in winter.

We saw amazing wildlife on the trip to Iceland, including an arctic fox, humpback and killer whales and many species of seabirds. I took over a thousand photos, here's some of my favorites:

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
Cool. Now there's some personality!

So what brought you to Neverwinter? Are you a D&D geek or just MMOs? Or because it's free?

Outside of gaming, I like gaming. I mean, I play D&D and other roleplaying games with 3 different groups. I play board games about once a week. I'm really into gaming a lot.

Other than that, I like to watch movies and TV at home, I garden a little bit (It's a very good year for tomatoes here), and I like to cook.
Any particular rpgs, board games, movies, or tv shows catching your fancy at the moment?

I grew up on D&D but right now the only table top rpg I play (and its really maybe only a once a month kinda thing) is Warhammer Quest. Board games on the other hand I play at least once a week and its quite an extensive list but the current favorite is Super Dungeon Explorer. The group I play with also plays a fair amount of Dominion (card game) and we just got back into doing some good ole fashioned console Rock Band (were all a tad rusty though... :D). As for movies I don't get out to see those much since they require you to pay money for them but I watch a fair amount of cooking shows through Hulu.

also...

That second picture is pretty amazing because at first glance I thought it was just a flock of birds with one diving down into the water to catch something to eat but then upon closer inspection it turned out to be the tail of a whale. Quite the awesome unexpected optical illusion you got there. Reminds me of another favorite picture of mine where three birds are spaced out in such a way it looks exactly like a smiley face (can pry google it if you haven't seen it).

Ran a couple dungeons tonight with Morg, was a little quite but we kept the game running an had a good time. Would like to see you interact with the group when you get a little more comfortable with us just jump in most of us don't bite....much.
Gotta say I love the costume. See you around.:D

Are tomatoes all you grow? Do you companion plant? What is your soil type and pH? And what heat zone are you in?

What are your least favorite board games?

If you could live anywhere, where would that place be?

Woudn't mind running more dungeons with you. I can't say much about your silence as I wasn't too chatty tonight. Of course, it may be easier to talk when you aren't dodging mobs and minor death but.... anyway. Remember, though, it seems that sarcasm isn't spoken here so watch what you say or you could get stuck in the middle. And you look like you were having fun at that toga party! Well done, sir!

Any particular rpgs, board games, movies, or tv shows catching your fancy at the moment?

I grew up on D&D but right now the only table top rpg I play (and its really maybe only a once a month kinda thing) is Warhammer Quest. Board games on the other hand I play at least once a week and its quite an extensive list but the current favorite is Super Dungeon Explorer. The group I play with also plays a fair amount of Dominion (card game) and we just got back into doing some good ole fashioned console Rock Band (were all a tad rusty though... :D). As for movies I don't get out to see those much since they require you to pay money for them but I watch a fair amount of cooking shows through Hulu.

also...

That second picture is pretty amazing because at first glance I thought it was just a flock of birds with one diving down into the water to catch something to eat but then upon closer inspection it turned out to be the tail of a whale. Quite the awesome unexpected optical illusion you got there. Reminds me of another favorite picture of mine where three birds are spaced out in such a way it looks exactly like a smiley face (can pry google it if you haven't seen it).
Right now I am playing D&D 4e and 5e, and we just started a Deadlands Classic campaign. For board games, Dominion, Agricola, and Smash Up are my current favorites. I have a friend who is a total board game geek and we play at his house. He has a collection of hundreds of board games, just bookcases full of them lining the walls, so we often play a different two or three every time. I also like Rock Band (I always sing, or sometimes play the drums badly), but my bandmates have gotten kinda tired of it and we don't play anymore. For TV, I'm liking Manhattan and Please Like Me. Just finished Extant, which had a great premise but lousy execution, and of course Downton Abbey just started. I'm really looking forward to The Flash.

Ran a couple dungeons tonight with Morg, was a little quite but we kept the game running an had a good time. Would like to see you interact with the group when you get a little more comfortable with us just jump in most of us don't bite....much.
Gotta say I love the costume. See you around.:D
I am naturally sort of quiet with strangers. I think I'm also sort of having technical difficulties, as I don't have a headset yet. I'm using the microphone on my webcam, and the "button" to push to talk in Mumble is a little window outside Neverwinter, which I run windowed. So to talk I have to type Alt, then mouse over to the button window and click it. I can't do that in the middle of combat. I'll need to see if there is an better way to set it up, or get a headset at some point.

Are tomatoes all you grow? Do you companion plant? What is your soil type and pH? And what heat zone are you in?

What are your least favorite board games?

If you could live anywhere, where would that place be?

Woudn't mind running more dungeons with you. I can't say much about your silence as I wasn't too chatty tonight. Of course, it may be easier to talk when you aren't dodging mobs and minor death but.... anyway. Remember, though, it seems that sarcasm isn't spoken here so watch what you say or you could get stuck in the middle. And you look like you were having fun at that toga party! Well done, sir!
I live in a city, and all the plants are either in raised beds or containers. So the soil type is usually Miracle-Gro, and I have no idea what the PH is. We grow tomatoes because we love tomatoes, and they are just so much better grown than bought. I don't put any companion plants in with the tomatoes. We have some containers with herbs, basil, thyme, oregano, and rosemary. This year we tried Padron peppers, Japanese eggplants, and some Japanese cucumbers. The eggplants did well, but the others didn't. Lettuces and kales do well in the cooler months.

So, my friend has hundreds of board games, and buys on average a new one every week. So we are often playing games the first time, or at least the first time in 6 months or a year. So my least favorite board games are the ones where I've just figured out the strategy of the game, and then I only have one turn left. Or I think I have the strategy figured out, but we probably won't play it again for a year.

If I could live anywhere? I'd want multiple residences, in New York City, San Francisco, Maui, and Tokyo. I can dream big.

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
Had some good times running with Morgie a couple days ago. Didn't know about your Mumble/Mic situation...definitely helps to have a headset, I can only imagine how much of a pain it would be to tab out of the game to talk in the middle of a dungeon :)

Did you ever get a chance to step into Lair of Lostmauth?

Had some good times running with Morgie a couple days ago. Didn't know about your Mumble/Mic situation...definitely helps to have a headset, I can only imagine how much of a pain it would be to tab out of the game to talk in the middle of a dungeon :)

Did you ever get a chance to step into Lair of Lostmauth?
I've ordered a headset, so that should be better soon. I did get to run Lostmauth a couple of times with the guild this weekend. Now I'm looking forward to EPIC LoL.

Top Bottom