Neverwinter App: JLewis (1/0/3)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Octavius, Cyranicus, Ozio, Pretorius

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
no

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
One of the most embarrassing things I have done as an adult was to get on the wrong aircraft ended up being forward deployed to Saudi Arabia didn't know until I was at 27,000ft crossing the atlantic and someone mentioned where we were going. I thought we were headed to Macdill AFB Fla. It turned out ok but it was sure embarrassing.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Aircraft Communications/Navigations Sys Craftsman for 20 yrs abosolutely loved it I am getting ready to reatire from the Air Force. The worst working as a prep cook at Capt D's in High school Because having to follow directions from someone whom I was already smarter than.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Gauntlet
Dungeon Siege
Starcraft

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
The most annoying person that I know, the trait that I find is narcissistic, everything was about them. I can't stand that.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I have deployed to over 4 warzones Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
Sounds like you have your act together

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
None for right now.

Almost done!

do you wear pants?
Yes

Hello and welcome. We like to have a lot of fun around here and don't take very much seriously, except the application process. It's a chance for us to get know you and and for you to get to know us. Think of it as a first date. On this first date, we want to know as much as we can so we can be thinking about a second date. Your application is a little thin. Can you tell us more? What makes you tick? Do you know any specific person that falls into your most annoying personality trait? Can you elaborate on your time in the Air Force? You will find there are many of us both current military and non current. Bottom line; more meat please. Bring it on, we can handle it. It works the other way as well. Ask us whatever you want to know.

Welcome!
So four different characters? Which one is your favorite, and what do you like most about playing it?

20 years in the AF? Ooo, I'm sure you've got some good stories to share there! Care to share more? Though deploying to Saudi Arabia instead of Florida is pretty damn funny. You ever live that down?

That's a game I don't see very often on these lists: what about gauntlet did you enjoy so much?

Narcissism eh? What drives you so nuts about that?

Hi, JLewis!

Work in Air Force sounds pretty cool, so I'll join to others asking for some stories you have about it. I mean, not just anyone has an aircraft involved in their embarrassing story)

Harplager

Promoter
What kind of stuff do you get into when you're not working or gaming?

Hey, I chatted with you a bit in mumble earlier. I don't really have anything to ask that hasn't been posted already (at least not at the moment) so instead I will just reiterate: make sure you keep up the conversation in this thread as it is an important part of the application process. Good luck!

doyler

NWO Guild Leader
got in a run with jlewis tonight he did really well and didnt get rattled when the healer pulled 3 rooms for fun

Fhaol

Promoter
Ahhhhh interacted with this dude a LOT Yesterday ..seems like a good fit!!! I did remind him to come and give the app some love so I hope that happens...so far so good!!

Thank you for the warm welcome in and out of the game. yes believe it or not, there are a lot of stories in my career. As In my profile one of the things I like doing is traveling for a large part of my career I have traveled the globe from Sidney Aust to Curcao, throught Europe and Africa and the four warzones. I believe interacting with all the different cultures has shaped me into the person that I am today. I worked on the Communications/Navigations sys AWACS E-3 sentry for about 12 yrs. during that time I lived in Anchorage AK(4 years). I now run a shop of over 35 technicians on C-130 E/H and J model aircraft at Little Rock AFB. Home of Combat Airlift. It was good to meet you all. It would be nice to sit back with a beverage and tell stories of different missions while playing online games. The main thing I like about the MMOs is the social aspect. Meeting people from different walks of life. either gaining or giving advice. Catsweasle asked me about my favorite char: Sir Octavius my CW because I have enjoyed playing him in PvE as well as PvP as force support. In any endeavor it is the combination of the team that determines the success. Narcissism or ppl like that drive me nuts. Its ok to have pride or a great self esteem, but some ppl take it to far. I have played with some folks in MMOs that I wonder do ppl really enjoy playing with them. Also eliteism drives me nuts. We should all be elite together. like they say "Its lonely at the top". When I am not at work or gamming I am finishing up my bachelors degree in Comp Sci, but I am thinking about a career I teaching when I retire.:)

Just had a little bit of Neverwinter time with Jlewis, fun times. Looking forward to more time.

So as you know, we are the pantsless types around here. But when I meet a man, one of the first questions that pops into my vacuous brain is usually:

"Hmmmm boxers, boxer briefs or tighty whities?"

That is my question to you. I feel the selection says a lot about a man. I've spent some time with you in Mumble, running dungeons and just chatting, but I haven't been able to slip this particular question in...

I hope you're enjoying the application process. I loved it. It was like Christmas everyday to log in and find new posts waiting for me on my app thread!

:D

Hell, you really have been everywhere!
As you say, those sort of experiences and interactions with different cultures have shaped the person you have become. Of the changes of perspective that have occurred from those interactions etc, which one are you most grateful for?
i have lived in a few different countries as an adult and have found that very rewarding, it does indeed open your eyes. Interestingly for me, it seemed to reopen my eyes about my own home of Australia, and made me somewhat more critical than I had been, but also conversely, more grateful for many of its good points.
I look forward to reading your reply, and getting back to Germany in a day or so and hopefully seeing you ingame!

Oh and Chantalle. You didn't ask me, but I'll tell you anyway. Boxer briefs. What does that tell you?

"Hmmmm boxers, boxer briefs or tighty whities?"
I don't believe in underpants limitations... have you ever worn a thong/g-string (men's or women's) for fun or for everyday wear? I would ask if you've gone commando before, but at this point the more apt question would be who hasn't gone commando?

I recently switched from standard panties to wearing g-strings exclusively (for fashion reasons since I wear my pants a lot more fitted of late than I ever have before) and find that I like them a lot more than I thought I would! If you have never worn a g-string, do you think you would like it or hate it?

And while I'm here, I shall offer a few more questions so we can get to know you better. The more meat in your answers, the happier you make me. :p

What do you think about when you’re alone in your car?

If you could get rid of one state in the U.S., which would it be and why?

If we (let's say Catsweazle, Chantalle and me) came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?​

Cats, I would have to say is that you realize that it doesn't take so much to be happy. When visiting some of these countries you realize that some folks do not have as much as others yet, they are quite content. I have learned to simplify my life. Having more doesn't make your life more enjoyable.

Calleana, I once received a Rudolph the ed nosed reindeer Banana hammock for an X-mas gift. Wore it once, it was a good x-mas night LoL. When I am alone in my car I sometimes think about the past times in my life the, people I knew and some crazy things we did and I laugh. If I could get rid of one state in the U.S. it would be Arkansas where I am stationed at now. Why, because every time I watch the news here I think my intelligence is being shortened. There is still a lot of racism here. it's like this area is "untouched" by modern day. There are a lot of uneducated ppl here. Well maybe they say ignorance is bliss, I don't. If you guys were to come to my house for dinner I would prepare Jamaican Stew, the chicken is slow cooked off the bone, mixed in with greens some curry and African salt to give it a slow burn next with it is poi poi which is a dough that you scoop up some of the stew with and yum. Rinse and repeat. I'm kind of a "hands on" guy. For a beverage a light sangria or zinfandel wine.

Top Bottom