Neverwinter App: fragable (0/0/3)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Lady Truesight

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
No

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
I always wanted to know what pepper spray smelled like and if it was really as bad as people made it out to be. Well, one day I was cleaning the house and I found that my girlfriend at the time happened to own a can of pepper spray. I thought to myself alright well here is the chance to find out what it is really like. I am obviously not an idiot so I sprayed it in the sink and not directly in my face. I took a huge whiff in and immediately regretted my decision. Pepper spray does in fact burn like a mother fucker and it was hours before my face region calmed down.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Best: I worked as a field organizer for a political campaign in the 2012 cycle. Working for a campaign is a life changing experience. It's a 70+ hour a week job that involves a shit ton of work. It is constantly challenging and will take every ounce of energy you have and some you didn't know you had. It gives you the mindset that you can do anything.

Worst: I was a telemarketer for a stretch. It is god awful. People are dicks (understandably so) and I had dreams that I was still at work on the phone. No thanks.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Mario Kart - Double Dash - It's my mother fuckin jam.
NBA Jam - He's heating up - On Fire - Boom-shaka-laka- Razzle Dazzle
Solitaire - I has no friends :(

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
My ex-roommate's girlfriend. That crazy lady basically moved in to our apartment without talking to any of the other roommates and dirtied up the place; refused to clean; talked massive shit on me (loads of ridiculous lies were said).

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
Not sure if this is cool but the random fact that I usually use when I am asked is that I have a tramp stamp. I am a thirty year old dude with a literal tramp stamp. I may or may not share an image.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I heard there were no pants and beers.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
If I am filling out this application sans pants do I get bonus points?

Almost done!

do you wear pants?
No

Welcome, Fragable. I enjoyed your story about the pepper spray, but you never answered your original question. What, in fact, does it smell like? ;)

Before others can beat me to it, I'll suggest you come up with some kind of nifty avatar, as some of the voters go in for that kind of thing.

When you were a telemarketer, what did you sell (or try to sell)?

Pepper spray smells like your face is on fire.

I sold children's books, I cannot remember which ones.

I hope my avatar is nifty.

Harplager

Promoter
I'm curious about the tramp stamp. What prompted you to get that? is it part of a bigger piece or is it a standalone?

It is a stand alone or it was until I sorta got it covered up. And by sort of I mean you can still see it through the back piece I have. To make a long story short I was going through a crazy phase in my life where I did a shit ton of drugs and thought it was funny. It's still funny but not nearly as much now that I'm sober.

Hello,

kinda dislike your avatar...but that is probably personal taste. (Yep, I start nice!)

What are you looking for not only in a one-game guild, but in a huge community with all sorts of different people?
Why choose us and why are we better, in your eyes, compared to others?
These are important questions, because we are more than just a Neverwinter guild, and if you are in, your are in for life... that's why we start to collect evidence interesting data about you.

What kind of animal you would make love to?

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
Hi and welcome to the application process. Let me give you a little bit of a rundown on how this goes, since it's one of the very few things we take seriously around here.

First, if you haven't already, please get invited to the guild. We definitely like to try before we buy, if you know what I mean. In game /channel_join Uey and ask for an invite. Once you're part of the guild, hit "g" and make sure your forum name is listed in you Member note, so we know who you are.

Second, stay active in the game and in this thread. You'll notice people with different colored names. Orange names are officers in Neverwinter. The other colors represent officers in other Branch games. While all members give impact on whether or not they think we're a good match, the officers will vote on your application. In your title, the (0/0/0) is your votes. The first two numbers are Yes votes. You need 4 to be a member. The last number is No votes. Three No's and your application is rejected.

Third, make sure you've read the FAQ and the top. It has some important info on our community rules, as well as information about Mumble, our chat program. It definitely helps to get set up in Mumble and get to know people better. Ask in /Uey for the Mumble password.

I’ve become infamous for asking silly questions, so instead I’ve decided to switch things up a bit. Please read the scenario below and tell me what, if anything, you would do.

Five players (including you and me) group up and enter a dungeon to kill all the things. I’m playing my character badly, I’m a new 60 and my gear is not that great. I make a few mistakes, then make them again. I am booted out of the game for some reason and my DC causes a wipe. We soldier on and after quite a few more wipes, we eventually get the last boss down. A highly sought after purple is dropped, and I win the roll. Another member of the party calls me a fucking asshole, a douchebag and a whore, and then drops party.

What would you do?

Hello,

kinda dislike your avatar...but that is probably personal taste. (Yep, I start nice!)

What are you looking for not only in a one-game guild, but in a huge community with all sorts of different people?
Why choose us and why are we better, in your eyes, compared to others?
These are important questions, because we are more than just a Neverwinter guild, and if you are in, your are in for life... that's why we start to collect evidence interesting data about you.
I'm looking for a laid back guild that is always looking out for each other. The best example I can think of that illustrates why this group is better than other guilds is earlier tonight in guild chat there was a member who mentioned that they were out of work. Other members replied with questions about what the member was looking for. It turned out that one of the other members knew someone in the same field and is going to see if his contact has any openings.

What kind of animal you would make love to?
I someday wish to fulfill my life long dream of performing a Tijuana donkey show.

I’ve become infamous for asking silly questions, so instead I’ve decided to switch things up a bit. Please read the scenario below and tell me what, if anything, you would do.

Five players (including you and me) group up and enter a dungeon to kill all the things. I’m playing my character badly, I’m a new 60 and my gear is not that great. I make a few mistakes, then make them again. I am booted out of the game for some reason and my DC causes a wipe. We soldier on and after quite a few more wipes, we eventually get the last boss down. A highly sought after purple is dropped, and I win the roll. Another member of the party calls me a fucking asshole, a douchebag and a whore, and then drops party.

What would you do?
I would congratulate you on finishing the dungeon. Wipes happen, not a big deal. To make you feel better about the DC problem I would tell you about the time when I was running a dungeon with my GF and we had the final boss to about half health when my internet went out. My brother (who doesn't play anymore) was the CW and using the same internet connection. So instead of a sweet victory we wiped. And congrats on the purple item. And to the party member who was throwing shade.

Last edited:
Hi, nice app so far. :) What did your GF say when she found out what you had done? Was her sink toxic for very long?

When you play Mario Kart, what is your preferred character and why?

She was out of town that week so our sink was back to normal by the time she came back. I also neglected to tell her about my experiment. I actually didn't tell anyone until years later because I felt like a dipshit.

It's all about Bowser. He might be a little slow off the line but he is a tank.

Have you gotten into NW and joined the madness yet? What do you think? Any second thoughts about the U?

Hey. Fragable and welcome.
So did your candidate win? What impressed you about them so much that you felt compelled to work on the campaign. If they did get in, are they living up to your expectations?

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
And just to let you know, we're going to do another dungeon day this Saturday. Should be a good opportunity to get to know more people.

http://www.unrepentantgaming.com/fo...loppy-Seconds-Saturday-January-11th-(ALL-DAY)

Due to the overwhelming number of virgins sacrificed to the dungeon gods last Saturday, we're going to strike while the irons are still firmly around the wrists of our new members and applicants.

Let's do it again this Saturday. Who want's Sloppy Seconds? Since we have such a diverse group of people play, there's no set time. It's all day, all the time.

This Saturday, all day, let's encourage everyone to get into dungeons (at all levels). I'd love to see our current members also make an effort to grab recruits and new members and get to know them. You know what they say, "friends that get eaten by dragons together stay together."

And if you get a chance to play with a new recruit this weekend, make sure to stop by their thread and put in a good word or two (or bad, it happens ;)) about them!

Have you gotten into NW and joined the madness yet? What do you think? Any second thoughts about the U?
I have gotten into the madness and I enjoy it. I have no second thoughts.

Hey. Fragable and welcome.
So did your candidate win? What impressed you about them so much that you felt compelled to work on the campaign. If they did get in, are they living up to your expectations?
Yes, my candidate won. I was inspired by the legislative goals that the candidate pushed for especially when it came to the area of LGBT rights. No politician can ever please you perfectly in office but I am still a big supporter.

And just to let you know, we're going to do another dungeon day this Saturday. Should be a good opportunity to get to know more people.
Woot. Woot.

Your application seems to have stalled, which doesn't bode well, in most cases. Why don't you try to engage us in some way to get it moving again? In-game presence is great, but votes can also come from other branches, whose only exposure to you is on the forums. We've done our part to get the conversation started... now it's your turn to continue things.

Think of it like the dating process. Impress us, and let us know why we should want to go on another date with you. Otherwise, this will end in a breakup. :|

Your application seems to have stalled, which doesn't bode well, in most cases. Why don't you try to engage us in some way to get it moving again? In-game presence is great, but votes can also come from other branches, whose only exposure to you is on the forums. We've done our part to get the conversation started... now it's your turn to continue things.

Think of it like the dating process. Impress us, and let us know why we should want to go on another date with you. Otherwise, this will end in a breakup. :|
As Calleana has stated there should be give and take...the questions should lead to answers that might have somewhere else to go -- your answers kind of have a "closed and finished" quality about them....have you checked out TTT (thirsty troll tavern)? looked at some of the accepted apps for ideas of what kind of conversations we are looking for?

Well shoot. I blame my years of working in politics and research for the closed and finished answers. It's how I habitually answer questions and I apologize for that. Here are some random facts about myself that you may find interesting.

1.) I have a weird obsession with elephants. I cannot count the amount of elephant paraphernalia that I own.

2.) I'm 30 and an undergraduate still because I have had several different careers (most short lived). That include youth pastor, management in retail, automotive mechanic and preschool teacher.

3.) If I were a dinosaur I would want to be a midget brontosaurus.

4.) I come from the only sane city in Kansas: Lawrence and I love it.

5.) My favorite county to travel in is Turkey, it's so beautiful.

6.) I am obsessed with fantasy football.

7.) I can fix bowling machines, or at least Brunswick A2s.

8.) I have had multiple concussions from bring amazingly uncoordinated.

Well shoot. I blame my years of working in politics and research for the closed and finished answers. It's how I habitually answer questions and I apologize for that. Here are some random facts about myself that you may find interesting.

1.) I have a weird obsession with elephants. I cannot count the amount of elephant paraphernalia that I own.

2.) I'm 30 and an undergraduate still because I have had several different careers (most short lived). That include youth pastor, management in retail, automotive mechanic and preschool teacher.

3.) If I were a dinosaur I would want to be a midget brontosaurus.

4.) I come from the only sane city in Kansas: Lawrence and I love it.

5.) My favorite county to travel in is Turkey, it's so beautiful.

6.) I am obsessed with fantasy football.

7.) I can fix bowling machines, or at least Brunswick A2s.

8.) I have had multiple concussions from bring amazingly uncoordinated.
now this is stuff we can work with!!!!! when did you first notice that you had an affinity for elephants? why a midget brontosaurus vs. the regular sized ones?

Top Bottom