Neverwinter App: Digobur (4/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Digobur@pashiat, Ariana@pashiat

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
Nope

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Ugh, this is the hardest one. I came back to it and still don't have an answer. My favorite thing I've done in the past few months was getting my first player kill in D&D on our third mission with me as DM. Player wanted to fight a half-dragon with a greatsword, half-dragon managed to crit on both attacks and proceeded to cut the player in half.

I'll try to give another one as a token of good will. Dumbest thing was spending $70 on superhero movies this last pay check. Do I have any regrets? None at all. I've also binge watched all of Star Trek: The Next Generation within a month. That was fun, same happened for Battlestar Galactica.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Coolest job I've ever had? Honestly I'd have to say that would be my current job with the Geeksquad. The people I work with are all really cool and smart and the feeling of wearing what feels like an actual uniform I find rather rewarding. My least favorite job? That one is difficult because I've enjoyed all of my jobs but I think I'd have to say when I worked on the sales floor selling computers where my worth was converted into numbers (understandably I mean it is sales) which made me feel like less of a person. I enjoyed working fast food more than that.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic because it's a great RPG for obvious reasons. It's also Star Wars. I'll combine the next two together but Dark Souls 1 and 2 because I find they have a high replay value and I know I can go back and no matter what my gear is that game can kick my ass. The third one would have to be the Witcher Series because to me those are the best RPG's I've ever played and I'm super stoked for the release of the Wild Hunt.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
The most annoying person to me is the person I'm most conflicted about. This girl doesn't even know any of this because I'm so conflicted. On one side I think she's attractive and I agree with most of her ideals, however, she is also on the verge of being a tumblerina. To an extent that I'm under firm belief that if we talked it would just get dumb. Her annoyance comes from her posting her borderline tumberlina ideals on facebook daily.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I think the coolest thing I can think of off the top of my head is my Bearded Dragon! She's about a year old and her name is Nymeria. I think she's cool at least.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
Unrepentant looks like the type of community I'm searching for. A group where I can get off work or get out of class and play games to have fun, no required game times or events and all of that stuff. I want to play fun games with fun people, this guild seems to promise that.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
What other games do you guys play? How many of YOU wear pants? Average age? I'm 22 personally, I almost said 24 and I have no idea. Do you guys plan on meeting up again?

Almost done!

do you wear pants?
No

shamalama

STO Guild Co-Leader
The most annoying person to me is the person I'm most conflicted about. This girl doesn't even know any of this because I'm so conflicted. On one side I think she's attractive and I agree with most of her ideals, however, she is also on the verge of being a tumblerina. To an extent that I'm under firm belief that if we talked it would just get dumb. Her annoyance comes from her posting her borderline tumberlina ideals on facebook daily.
What is a tumberlina?

I actually typed it wrong, it's actually tumblrina. Anyways they're the crazy people on tumblr. There is an entire subreddit dedicated to them at tumblrinaction.reddit.com

So I added some things on my profile that I may have missed with the application, I'm assuming you guys will ask more questions but do feel free to ask me anything! I don't want it to be said I wasn't very vocal.

So I added some things on my profile that I may have missed with the application, I'm assuming you guys will ask more questions but do feel free to ask me anything! I don't want it to be said I wasn't very vocal.
Seems we've been remiss about not spamming you with 30 hellos and 400 questions right after you apply. My apologies, I'm certain you'll get more questions than you can handle soon enough! :cool:

To start things off, I'd like to admit that I've never heard of a tmublirenitia or whatever that was. I'm curious though, what's so annoying about it? Sounds like the girl's rather perfect otherwise?

You mention that you like working in a team and wearing a uniform, ever consider the military? Law enforcement?

Could we get some pics of your dragon? I don't know that I've ever known someone who actually owned one. What do they eat? Is it annoying to stock?

God, I remember when I was 22.. kind-of. Been comfortably over a decade since then. I don't know that I could give an accurate estimate about the average age of the guild but if you forced me to make a wild guess I'd say it was 27ish, maybe? Dunno. What's your favorite part about being 22?

So the problem with tumblrinas is that they're pretty much insane, or at least I think so. So just as a couple of examples I'm not sure if you've heard of otherkin but an otherkin would be someone such as myself who believes that they are literally part bird and these have gone as far as being celestial bodies such as planets. I don't understand it. They also claim to be feminist but all they want to happen is for cis males (straight guys) to be oppressed and to die off. I can't explain it too well because I don't understand these people. Thankfully this girl is only borderline and so it can be salvaged and not be a problem for me. I've made my move between your post and mine so phase 1 has been initiated.

I've considered it but not a whole lot. I love science way too much, and while I could get a job in the Military doing science I'm too interested in being hired by a private company or a university to work for them doing science related work.

Pics of my dragon? Absolutely! Though I'll have to do that in the morning when she's actually awake.

Favorite part of being 22? I'm still happy I can buy alcohol whenever I want so there's that. Otherwise I like going to school and aside from that and work I don't really have a lot of responsibility. Since school is also right down the road my parents are also letting me stay at home while I go to school which makes things even nicer.

Gwynn

Community Officer
So the problem with tumblrinas is that they're pretty much insane, or at least I think so. So just as a couple of examples I'm not sure if you've heard of otherkin but an otherkin would be someone such as myself who believes that they are literally part bird and these have gone as far as being celestial bodies such as planets. I don't understand it. They also claim to be feminist but all they want to happen is for cis males (straight guys) to be oppressed and to die off. I can't explain it too well because I don't understand these people. Thankfully this girl is only borderline and so it can be salvaged and not be a problem for me. I've made my move between your post and mine so phase 1 has been initiated.
This entire paragraph made my brain hurt. Could you rephrase in a way that your parents would understand? Because a lot of us are probably old enough to be your parents.

Yeah they make my brain hurt too. They're crazy, they believe they're part animal or part unicorn. They want to be special snowflakes. They're also always being oppressed, guys sitting a certain way has been considered oppressive.

They don't make sense to me either.

Hi, thanks for applying with us! I'm really tempted to ask more questions about these Tumblrinas, but I think it's best to let it go, lol.

So which superhero movie is your favorite and why?

Favorite super hero movie would have to be the dark knight returns. We get 60 year old Batman beating up a new villain in the mud and Batman is going on this speech how he's a surgeon and the mud is his operating table.

We also get Batman vs joker as well as Batman vs superman (Green Arrow was there too!)

Krishach

Promoter
Hello! What other multiplayer games to you play other than neverwinter nights?

Hello! What other multiplayer games to you play other than neverwinter nights?
Well as of right now my big ones are Dragon Age, Mass Effect 3, Dark Souls 1&2, and Planetside 2. I tried getting into WOW and I wasn't on with my friends enough to continue playing.

I do have ArcheAge, Mech Warrior Online, and Star Citizen installed. I also plan to get Elder Scrolls Online once it is officially free to play.

That being said I'm always down to play a new game with people. Regardless of the game.

Last edited:

Gwynn

Community Officer
My friend had one of those. We fed it crickets and mealworms.

My friend had one of those. We fed it crickets and mealworms.
Yep! I was actually getting ready to head out and buy some live crickets for her to eat.

She shows no hesitation as she eats them alive in droves.

My wife loves the lil' dragons and geckos (and ferrets), and when we have a hobby farm someday I'm sure they'll creep into the mix.

I like the interaction and conversation here, but I'm still totally unclear about your response to Gwynn's request for clarity. I kind of can't tell if you're identifying as a member of the 'otherkin' persuasion ("part bird like myself" but during a statement of people you find un-understandable and followed up with them thinking they're part unicorn), anti-third wave feminism ("wanting cis straight males to die off"), then "this girl is borderline" referring to ... ?

Just curious. It was kind of a brain dump and your follow-up didn't quite clarify to me :)

One thing Gwynn could have also said is that there are current and former teachers/professors in this guild (and you've already been talking here with a few of us), so don't worry if we get pointed trying to figure this stuff out. But we do want to figure this stuff out so we can understand where you're coming from, and this tumblrina meme. B'cos we're old and the facetweets are a young kid's game.

My wife loves the lil' dragons and geckos (and ferrets), and when we have a hobby farm someday I'm sure they'll creep into the mix.

I kind of can't tell if you're identifying as a member of the 'otherkin' persuasion ("part bird like myself" but during a statement of people you find un-understandable and followed up with them thinking they're part unicorn), anti-third wave feminism ("wanting cis straight males to die off"), then "this girl is borderline" referring to ... ?

Just curious. It was kind of a brain dump and your follow-up didn't quite clarify to me :)
Yeah I apologize about that, those weren't my most organized thoughts.

I was referring to the girl being that, but she's not borderline in the sense of being an otherkin. She can just be a bit harsh when it comes to the feminism side of things. So that's where my concern comes into play.

Despite her feminist viewpoints I went ahead and started talking to her. We'll see where it goes.

Those people on Tumblr appear to not know what a feminist is. Man hating is not feminism.

Your dragon is so cute! I expected a beard though. :p Like a hispter.

How long is she? My wife used to work at a pet store and has only seen young'uns. She thinks yours looks kind of fat, lol.

Your dragon is so cute! I expected a beard though. :p Like a hispter.

How long is she? My wife used to work at a pet store and has only seen young'uns. She thinks yours looks kind of fat, lol.
I just measured her and I'd say she's 14 inches long so she still has some growing to do. And she's definitely a fatty, fat and happy is how I like to think about it!

Gwynn

Community Officer
Yeah, I guess the other thing that confused me was that you'd said she's a man hater or something and didn't seem feel too okay about that, but that you were also interested in her and approached her about... whatever you kids do these days? I don't get it.

Top Bottom