Never Winter App: BigD (changed from what you see in the app) (4/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
Never Winter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
@xxbigd1xx

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
Im friends with Scylent, Santo and Loreless

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Went fishing one time and casted and caught my friend with the hook.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
I had a jog where they manufactured shopping carts and occasionally drove a forklift.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
any Duke Nukem or Doom, oh and Defender and Super Mario

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
I have met some very annoying people in 51 years of living hard to narrow it down I really find it annoying when someone berate''s other players in the gam like some one in the current guild I am in does it in chat cause they use open mic.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I can usually adept to any situation and talk to anyone I am getting back into working out again and enjoying that.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
Some of my friends are here from another guild. And would like to find others to do high level dungeons with plus my 3 friends that are members in this guild I did the dungeons with.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Your site is pretty informative. And plus my friends seem to like it that is a plus also.

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A torch because things run away from light that live in dark caves and you can use fire as a weapon.

Couple things working against you right now BD. First, your handle. It's immature at best. I'm here in Unrepentant in large part because handles like this make me want to reach through the screen, slap a teenager, and scream "You're not as cool as you think you are!!" I can't take that kind of stress. And I just really don't want to know about your dicks, however big or multi-headed they may be.

Second, your actual application is lean. That makes it hard to start conversations with you. The whole point here is so that we can get to know each other better and both come away with an answer to the question of whether or not you'll fit in around here. You haven't given me much to work with but here goes.

You mention that you'd like to join us so that you can do high level dungeons and because 3 of your friends are applying. The latter is a fine reason to look into us, certainly. But the former reflects a poor understanding of what we're about. Yeah, we do high level dungeon content, that's true. But it's pretty far from the focus of things around here. We've built a community that we all enjoy hanging out in. Gaming, dungeons in those games, is certainly a way to do that but they aren't why Unrepentant exists.

Still interested? If so, you're welcome to request a name change, and please do help us start up some conversations with some more facts about you, good stories, quality questions, etc. If not, I sincerely hope you find what you are interested in!

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
To back up what Sepoy said, your forum handle sets the tone for your personality. Many of use have been gaming for years together, and our name has become a reflection of who we are. We're more than just guildies, we're friends, and that lasts from game to game to game. So it's tough for us to see a longterm relationship developing with a guy we're calling "Big Dixx" all the time.

So I don't know what the story is behind the name. Maybe you're like 6'8" guy named Dan in real life, and everyone calls you Big D. That's personality. Adding the 1xx to the end of that...eh. Not my cup of tea.

Just sort of a friendly suggestion.

I am sorry if I offended you buy my name the D stands for the first initial in my first name which is Darrius and most certainly nothing to do with my private parts which yes would be quit immature and to Assume that is quit Immature.

I am sorry if I offended you buy my name the D stands for the first initial in my first name which is Darrius and most certainly nothing to do with my private parts which yes would be quit immature and to Assume that is quit Immature.
Hey, hey - if I can't make assumptions, how else am I going to make both of us look like an ass, hmm?

I stand by the recommendation that you change your forum handle because I doubt I was the only one to jump to that conclusion. That said, I'll try to keep all further mention of the general multiplicity in your pants out of the discussion. Alright, to a minimum. I can totally do minimum.

Back to the application process, we've established that you'll likely believe I'm an ass for some time but I still don't feel like I really know anything about you. Give me some meat! Or at least some porridge, anything? Crickets?

ok how do I do that I looked at edit profile and do not see edit or change name.

Gwynn

Community Officer
ok how do I do that I looked at edit profile and do not see edit or change name.
I gotta mirror what sepoy there said (and while he really put his foot in it this time, he actually is probably the most chill level headed guy in this whole place). I heard from at least 5 different people "Hey Gwynn, did you see the app from the Big Dick guy?"

So the way you change that is to look for the sub-forum "Member Requests" and request there that a forum admin change your name for you. You could easily remove the X's and it would go back to Big D1 (or maybe even choose Big D if that's not taken). Whatever you like.

I hate it when these things get off to a bad start. But it's a good finish that matters. Darrius, we're a community of gamers, not just a throwaway Neverwinter guild, so that's why we ask a lot of questions and get on people about stuff like odd handles. We're looking for people to stay for a long time, not just until the game of the moment runs out of steam.

The application is like starting a conversation. It doesn't have to be a book, but we do need to get to know you. Like your high school English teacher always said, show me don't tell me. So far all I can tell about you is that you fish and have done some factory work (?), so I can assume you are good with your hands. Do you build or make stuff now?

How did you come to start playing Neverwinter Online? Were you a fan of the fantasy genre, or did you just give it a shot for the heck of it?

confused the x's are the problem i thought it was the big d oh and i have searched the forums and can not find member requests. And no ChefBourdain I do not make anything with my hands for occupation currently. I was playing Firefall before Neverwinter and some one in the guild I was in said something abut it and I started playing Neverwinter and got hooked.

Big D/Darrius, here is link to Member Requests: http://www.unrepentantgaming.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?228-Member-Requests

If that doesn't get you access, please Private Message me with a couple of choices for alternate names, and I will get one of the mods to change it. PM me by clicking on my gold name, then select private message.

So is Neverwinter your first exposure to the world of Dungeons and Dragons? Most of the over-40 gamers I know (myself being one of them), either played D&D as the table top game, or played one of the D&D PC games from the 80s or 90s (Baldur's Gate is probably the best known one).

At 51, you must have some hobbies in addition to PC gaming? The young folks today seem to be OK with 100% digital life, but old farts (haha) usually still have a connection to the real world. I used to cook a bit, until we had our son. Then my wife switched to full time Mom and now I get to come home to a hot meal every night. My cooking skills have since gone to crap, though I still get grill duty on weekends and sometimes fry up breakfast. I won't be writing any cookbooks any time soon, that's for sure.

I had heard of D&D years ago never played it before internet gaming when you could still go and rent games at Block Buster that is what I did. Recently I have started to hit the gym again trying to get rid of the flab so to speak and I go to church twice a week.

I clicked the link this is what happened.
[h=2]vBulletin Message[/h] xxBigD1xx, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I clicked the link this is what happened.
vBulletin Message

xxBigD1xx, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Yeah, it's limited to full members. You can PM Chef and he'll work it out behind the scenes though, he's a good guy.

Back when you could go to a rental store and rent games for console is what i did prior to internet gaming and I have recently started back to going to the gym to get rid of the flab so to speak.

Back when you could go to a rental store and rent games for console is what i did prior to internet gaming and I have recently started back to going to the gym to get rid of the flab so to speak.
At 50+ years, you pre-date pong BigD. You've got to have more interesting stories than blockbuster :)

What was your very first video game? First one you fell in love with? What did you do for fun before video games?

Any special flavor of workout? Planning anything special with the new body or just looking to get a little healthier?

We'll get this name thing sorted out. Hey, if you're going to have an easy-to-misinterpret handle it might as well be something epic, like MassiveJuggernautPenis or 9InchesPiledriverLovinMachinery or SepoysTinyTicTac or LargeButNotChefBourdainLargeMyGoodnessImNotAFreak or something like that.

I just got your PM, stay tuned for a name change. Looks like Big D should work.

I'd like to lose this spare tire myself. I haven't gotten a gym membership, but I have been walking every day, usually 30 min to an hour. My gut is still there, but I have lost a few pounds. I figure that walking it off may take a long time, but I figure I have the time, and hopefully it preserves my knees. I ran a few times this summer and it just kills my knees.

The knees just haven't been that same since I slid down that ladder, and that was 5-10 years ago. And I wasn't even looking in a lady's window, I was just trying to trim a tree and my pruner was too short!

Everyone said:
Ha, "pruner" too short! That's what she said!
Shut up you guys! It's not THAT short!!!

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
I'll put in a request to get a name change out to Mr. D.

BigD ok for you, or would you prefer something else? Let me know. I'm not going to masturbate that chicken, nor am I even touching the nine iron until I get confirmation from you, then the ritual can begin.

And hey, what a conversation starter, eh? Worse case, the name confusion really jump started the app, eh?:D

Big D if it is ok or Mr D and by the way i like your cw build

Last edited:
The first console I owned was a pong Mom brought it home from work one and being a kid at the time it blew me away. As far as the gym I go to Gold's Gym and I like to take body pump it is a whole body workout just trying to get healthier.

Top Bottom