"Most Anticipated for 2015" Poll something something

I would vote but... it would be for Shroud of the Avatar.

Hahaha. Have you played it at all yet? I think it's got some potential and Garriott got me pretty excited for it (probably has to do with the rattail, but I digress), but I didn't like my hands-on time. Even have beta access and can't bring myself to play on the open weekends. I feel like it will probably appeal to a very select number of gamers who miss 1998.

No, I am avoiding early access for now. Still, it seems to have a very good score in the player reviews in Steam. Maybe it isn't your cup of java? As for "very select number of gamers who miss 1998", yeah, I am right there.

Pikul

Will Save For Food
Shroud is over hyped. All you need to do is play the game (I played a month ago) and have a "WTF Lord British" moment. Yeah its still early stages, but playing the game totally took the wind out for me. Best case, the devs make it much better and I'm pleasantly surprised when it's released.

I haven't even heard of some of those games, I'll have to check them out before I vote. And is EQ Next really a 2015 release? I thought it would be 2016 honestly.

My favorite feature is the "items you craft and sell to merchants can drop off of mobs, and still have your name attached as the crafter so everyone knows who it was" thing. Like...everything that comes off of mobs eventually will be something made by another player. That's pretty interesting.

I wish I could stay away from early access sometimes :( It really colors your view of games down the road.

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
I slapped up a vote for The Repop. Been playing it for a week, found a Nation to join up with. It's defninitely still rough around the edges, but it's fun. Laser rifles FTW.

I wish I could stay away from early access sometimes :( It really colors your view of games down the road.
That is why I stopped doing it. You get to play a half baked, less enjoyable version of the final game, and when the game finally launches you are already burned out on it.

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
I logged in to get my Santa hat, but have otherwise avoided it because my brief experience in chair making was painful.

But if Shroud and Star Citizen both do it right, I might not make another game purchase for some time. Fitting that both those game developers were so pivotal in my 20 something years as a gamer...them and Sid Meier.

I only bother with early access on games that aren't likely to change much between alpha/beta/release. Stuff like Minecrack, Space Engineers, Kerbal Space Program, etc are all examples of the kinds of games I would pay for early access. Even though they get tons of content later on, the game itself rarely changes much, so you won't really change your impression of it down the line.

Maybe Evolve? Maybe Overwatch?

I dunno....I haven't heard a lot about some of the games on that list, and the stuff I've heard/seen from others I'm not really all that interested. My lack of free time lately may have something to do with it. Or that I've stopped believing in game hype lately because it's only done nothing but let me down (not just MMO's either, just games in general lately).

I mean, it's got to better than what 2014 was, right?

Fhaol

Promoter
spent too much last year on the latest thing :( I guess sticking with wow :(

Dao Jones

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob.
This poll just shows me how out of touch I've gotten with gaming. Other than Star Citizen, EQN and Landmark I don't even recognize the other games on that list. And Landmark isn't really a MMO, and I'm pretty sure Star Citizen is *not* a 2015 release, so that would just leave EQN as the only possible 2015 I've even heard of.

So... I guess I'd vote for that? I feel like a geriatric trying to decide who to vote for on American Idol.

Dao Jones

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob.
Meh. TL;DR - just tell me what I should be throwing my money at. :D

Top Bottom