Minecraft App: ArcticKats (0/3)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
Minecraft

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
ArcticKats

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
DMIL421, Hammer

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
So in college, my best friend was a part of a fraternity and each member is given a ring to show they're accepted. I didn't know this at the time, but fraternities and sororities steal things from each other throughout the year. A few girls came over and asked if Mike (my fraternity friend) was home and I didn't know, so I pointed them towards his room. They didn't find him and left. When Mike came home he asked me if I'd seen his ring. I said No and then he asked if any sorority girls had been over. That they were and we knew they'd stolen his ring.

Well I felt like a total ass for letting them in and vowed I'd get back at them. Luckily for those girls, I was the only one over 21 that bought alcohol and they wanted something. So all I had was an empty bottle of tequila called Happy Tequila and some everclear. I put some everclear in the bottle and filled the rest up with my pee. It had the tainted yellow color of tequila and the potent bite of alcohol from the everclear. Used some plastic and burned that on top to make it look like new and had Mike deliver it to their room.

When he came back he told me that the girls thought it was the best tasting tequila they'd ever had and offered him some, but he refused. He said that this was their gift for stealing his ring and that he'd like it back. Mike got it back and had a hard time keeping a straight face while he watched them down the everclear pee tequila. He learned not to cross me.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
By far the coolest job I've had is what brought me to Colorado. I got an internship with the National Park Service to be an Interpretive Park Ranger at Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument and I got to create podcasts and short videos for their website. This was back in 2008 when not many parks had podcasts and I was sent to another park with a $5000 camera set-up to be trained by the best. I spent the summer that year, giving talks to tourists and making videos about the park.

The worst job was when I worked for Walmart and the store manager asked me to help him with some tasks in Home & Garden, but didn't tell my supervisor and so I got fired for disobeying her orders. Not my fault...lack of communication on their part and I got blamed. Now I steer clear of that business as much as I can.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Smash Brothers for the N64 because that was the first gaming system I ever bought and that game was what me and my friends always fought over. Halo 1 was the first multiplayer game that I played in college and got me hooked on playing Xbox. I was so good at one point that I competed professionally and won 1st place with my team at my college. Warcraft II is the last game as that was my first decent PC game I played and reminds me of a time when I had no worries in the world except killing orcs and cutting down trees.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
To be honest, I get along with a lot of people and have only made one enemy in my life. That person was in High School and only because we were competing for being the tallest person in our class. I turned out to be 6'6" and he 6'5". The bullies in the class had us fighting for height every day and I grew to dislike this kid. At the time, I had been watching a lot of Dragon Ball Z and picked up a few fighting tactics. The competition came to a head and he started beating me up while there were no teachers around, probably to beat me down an inch, but I quickly maneuvered and got him in a head lock with my legs and made him pass out. That is the only way to annoy me - make it a competition and make the aggressive side come out even though I'm mostly passive.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
Over the last few years, ever since I came to Colorado to be a Park Ranger, I've stayed in the field and have learned new things. Last year, I was told that I had to get friendly with the resident Bull Snake and handle it for kids to pet. I was deathly afraid of snakes ever since my dad found one in our WI cabin and it bit him (dry bite). As a result, he threw it up in a tree about 50 feet above the house and I never wanted to go near one again. So back to the story, I learned how to handle a snake and it became my best friend. Everyday I came to work, I'd take her out for kids and feed her whole sized rats. I've got pictures and videos to follow.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
My friend DMIL421 has spoken great things about your community and I just had to see what all the fuss is about. I'm not too big on PC gaming but I have a decent desktop, so I figured I'd try it out. Xbox is my preferred way to game, but I'm up for a challenge to learn new things.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Why did you decide to set-up this community? What is your favorite beer? (coors, bud light, miller - those types don't count as it's mostly water)

Almost done!

do you wear pants?
Yes

Kats is a friend of mine from XBL. Met him about 2 years ago playing MW3, been playing with him since.

He is a great guy. He has a major affinity for Pumpkin Ale, and thinks Smirnoff Ice isn't real vodka.

Not only is he a great guy, he is a great friend. This guy bought me a copy of Battlefield 4 just so we can play together. Which has been one of the most fun games I have played in a long time, mostly because of playing with him. He is a great teammate. He never complains about having few kills in a game because he was busy repairing the scout helicopter I was flying. The same goes for Borderlands 2, COD, and pretty much any other game we have played together.

So bring it on. And I'm sure he has some embarrassing stories about me on XBL he can share.

Now this is some pretty dense win we've got right here. Fantastic story, awesome job (how did you get to be a ranger anyway), snake taming, and great questions - really the only thing you're lacking is quality stories about DMIL and Hammer. And by quality I mean embarrassing, and by embarrassing I mean "make them sorry they referred you" :cool:

As a quick answer to your question (there's a much more in-depth history of the guild in the members only section if you're accepted) the founders of the U broke off another guild during a dramafest of epic quality and decided that if they wanted something done right they'd better do it themselves. We've been making them regret that decision ever since ;)

So, you're a console gamer but you've decided to give PC gaming another shot for minecraft or in general? There are some good F2P games that we're into as a guild (Neverwinter comes to mind - but don't tell IZ I said so) if you're so inclined.

As a quick answer to your question (there's a much more in-depth history of the guild in the members only section if you're accepted)
That history is actually in the Thirsty Troll Tavern, and we encourage recruits have a look around in there if they'd like. Link is here: http://www.unrepentantgaming.com/forum/showthread.php?51721-History-of-Unrepentant

We hide the erotically posed pictures of the officers and random members' boobs in the Members Only section. You need to EARN the right to have the sight taken from your eyes.

Last edited:
We hide the erotically posed pictures of the officers and random members' boobs in the Members Only section. You need to EARN the right to have the sight taken from your eyes.
Before someone tricks you with a link to boobs, you should be aware there are some very extremely dangerous images of moobs mixed throughout. Hence the sight being taken from your eyes...

Mutiny

Unrepentant's Andy Griffith
Community Officer
That's a great story.

I guess I don't really understand why being the tallest student is a big deal. Also, how did Dragon Ball Z teach you fighting tactics? Before you hit this other student, did you spend three episodes powering up with nothing interesting happening?

Additionally, are you a terrible person* St. Louis Cardinals fan like DMIL?

* I tease you because I love you, DMIL.

I know it. By the way, how many championships do the Cardinals have since 1908?

Mutiny

Unrepentant's Andy Griffith
Community Officer
I know it. By the way, how many championships do the Cardinals have since 1908?
Eleven, but they're pretty scattered. The Chicago Bulls, however, had six in eight years. That's how you get legendary status!

The Bulls don't have any World Series titles, though. Was that what you were asking about?

Last edited:

Death_Rictus

Shotgun Enthusiast
The Cardinals baseball team was iffy at best when I was growing up and the football team sucked (then it moved to Phoenix)...

how did Dragon Ball Z teach you fighting tactics? Before you hit this other student, did you spend three episodes powering up with nothing interesting happening?

DBZ came to mind, not sure if it actually was that, but I tried doing an arm bar and failed. I thought about doing a Kamehameha but I was inside and couldn't gather the required energy in time :p

As for what baseball team I associate myself with, I go with the Rockies for now. I grew up in Chicago and loved the Cubies while I was there, but that was over 10 years ago.

So, you're a console gamer but you've decided to give PC gaming another shot for minecraft or in general?
Yes, I am a console gamer and have played minecraft on Xbox, but I've got perfectly good computer sitting here collecting dust. DMIL keeps spouting off about all the mods you run in minecraft and I'm curious to try it out.

Yes, I do tend to run on about many of the mods... But seriously, how can vanilla minecraft compete with a LASER!!!!

awesome job (how did you get to be a ranger anyway)
I didn't see this hidden question on my first pass. I came to be a Ranger because I got my degree in Outdoor Recreation Leadership & Management and my college forced me to take an internship somewhere in order to graduate. I chose the NPS and applied at 20 different parks all over the country. Florissant Fossil Beds was the first place to offer me a position and I took it. I'm a Certified Interpretive Guide now (Google it) and there are only 6,000 or so of those in the US. I teach outdoor classes for Nature Centers and I just love teaching others about the world around us with engaging activities and ways that make you think critically.

I didn't see this hidden question on my first pass. I came to be a Ranger because I got my degree in Outdoor Recreation Leadership & Management and my college forced me to take an internship somewhere in order to graduate. I chose the NPS and applied at 20 different parks all over the country. Florissant Fossil Beds was the first place to offer me a position and I took it. I'm a Certified Interpretive Guide now (Google it) and there are only 6,000 or so of those in the US. I teach outdoor classes for Nature Centers and I just love teaching others about the world around us with engaging activities and ways that make you think critically.
So you just fell into it one day and decided to stick around then? ;)

How does one go about getting the ranger of a park to give them a tour of it? Bribes, I know, but like money, cheetahs, hippies - what's the currency?

So you just fell into it one day and decided to stick around then? ;)

How does one go about getting the ranger of a park to give them a tour of it? Bribes, I know, but like money, cheetahs, hippies - what's the currency?
Yep, I came across a lot of hippies camping out in the lawn on the college campus my first Winter and asked what they were doing. I was originally an Environmental Science major, but flunked out of my first semester, so I needed a change. The fact that I could major in camping appealed to my wild side and the classes from the get-go were interesting. One was about how to survive in the wild with nothing but a knife and it escalated to the economics of recreation by the 4th year.

As far as how one gets a tour, you just show up to a park, pay the entrance fee (monetary) and figure out when the next scheduled tour is and tag along. Every park has a set schedule for the day and it's all up to when the people show up to visit.

It was a fun gig, but the government life wasn't for me. That lasted for a year and then the market crashed and I went onto better things, like teaching kids about dinosaurs. I even found my own dinosaur foot print and got my name put into the record books for discovering it.

Death_Rictus

Shotgun Enthusiast
Do you play any other computer games or have any plans to or are you only a console gamer?

Other than an awesome minecraft server or two, what do you see yourself getting out of joining our community?

Top Bottom