Lucas films SOLD!!! Do you have your tickets ready for 2015?

Good news or bad

• Nore new starwars is the best thing ever!

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I just don't care Dave

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • OMG stop raping my childhood for profit

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters

ObiWanJabroni

Official Coiner of Terms
Community Officer
Seriously?

Have you seen what Lucas has done with Star Wars?

Conversely, have you seen what Disney has done with the Marvel Universe?

This might be the best fucking thing to happen to Star Wars in decades.

Woot

Banned
In a surprise move, Disney decides to restore all original SW films to their original theater release state and promises never to prostitute the franchise or make any additional SW movies.

I made that part up, sorry. It was fun to be happy for 2 seconds though, right?

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
There comes a point when we all have to stand up and say the Star Wars we knew as a child has long since vanished.

Feels weird saying this, but the whole thing is in need of a series reboot...the only problem comes from having to let go of the past. Personally, the best thing they could do here is to forget about the original Lucas stories and pull out something new from the Star Wars Universe.

You want some $texas? Take Boba Fett, reboot that character a la Dark Knight style and do a trilogy that centers around him prior to the events of Star Wars. Add extra $texas by picking someone cool to do a young Han Solo. Throw in some fan service throwbacks to things that point towards things to come in the first trilogy and you have $texas^$texas.

Disney has to understand that the only people who actually give a fuck about Star Wars these days are 30+. The worse thing they could do is a PG style kiddie shitshow that officially kills the entire franchise.

Denavii

Jumbee Buncher
I am a huge SW fan and I have to admit... after the last 3 movies I am ready to see what a powerhouse like Disney could do for Star Wars. Pixar + LucasArts? hellooooo potentially awesome scenes, as long as they don't turn it all cartoony and only for kids.

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
In a surprise move, Disney decides to restore all original SW films to their original theater release state and promises never to prostitute the franchise or make any additional SW movies.

I made that part up, sorry. It was fun to be happy for 2 seconds though, right?
Interestingly enough, it'd be free money to release all three movies in their original format in 2014 prior to the 2015 release of the new shit...one every 4 months. Much more lucractive than just printing money.

It would also be a nice, epic style "fuck-you-Lucas-your-shit-is-ours-now-and-we're-going-to-throw-it-in-your-face-by-ripping-out-all-the-turds-you-stuffed-into-the-franchise".

Also, Episode 7 opens up with Jar Jar Binks. You keep him on screen long enough for the entire audience to freak the fuck out...then he gets force choked and throw out of an airlock. Then queue the John Williams and scrolling text.

williamsond

DDO Usurper
I just saw a post on another forum it said " 4-billion is a small price to pay to stop George Lucas making more starwars films" I squirted tea out my nose.

Denavii

Jumbee Buncher
Also, Episode 7 opens up with Jar Jar Binks. You keep him on screen long enough for the entire audience to freak the fuck out...then he gets force choked and throw out of an airlock. Then queue the John Williams and scrolling text.
bwhahahaha best selling box office movie ever for the messy death of JarJar

ObiWanJabroni

Official Coiner of Terms
Community Officer
Maybe my dreams of having a David Lynch directed Return of the Jedi will come true now. After watching that version of it, my brain would probably be too melted to know whether or not it was a good idea.

Dantos

Probably Deserves a Hat
well at least no more JarJar and emo Anikin/Padme, am I right?

Star Wars has been dead since 1999.

They plan to crank out a new one every 2-3 years. There is zero chance this will be anything but terrible. But there's good news.

Star Wars has been dead since 1999.

As long as they don't take a big, steaming dump on the Expanded Universe (HUGE fan of the EU, right here), I'm curious to see what they do.

ObiWanJabroni

Official Coiner of Terms
Community Officer
Yeah, because that whole Yuzhong Vong thing was great. "Jedi are too powerful... they need to face bad guys... immune to the Force! Yeah! But they're living.. but they pissed off The Force and got cut from it! And they have bats and shit attached to their testicles that they can use as throwing stars! Force-immune space ninja Predators FTW!"

Honestly I hope they nuke Death Star the site from orbit and just give us something good without getting mired in bullshit canon.

Top Bottom