Looking for a game to play with my son in the Army.

Fhaol

Promoter
So he just got a gaming computer and we want to play something I havent played yet. I dont really like fps or the diablo PUV games because of my eyes. Ive played most of the MMos. Maybe something turn based?? he said something about Age of the Empires?? Ideas please .THANKS!! BTW Im in louisiana he is in Florida.

Age of Empires wouldn't be bad at all. RTS games in general could be a good time. Civilization might also not be bad. If you enjoy board games together, there's a game on Steam called Tabletop Simulator. If you ever played Mario Party and enjoyed it, then there's an incredibly fun game on Steam called Pummel Party that is about as close to Mario Party as you can get. You can also invite him to join you in some MMOs.

Krishach

Promoter
Not to pry, but perhaps more information on your sensitivity would also help us find some edge-cases of what would work. I know I am very sensitive to movement based on the engine; some janky FPS games bother me not at all, while warframe makes me nauseous, and Saints Row 2 gave me a splitting headache.

If its not the perspective, the gameplay with FPS can range into the less chaotic, more chill paces in some games. However, since you mentioned an RTS...

Stellaris would be a major pick of mine to co-op or vs with. Depending on skill or latency, some 2d and 3d fighting games work well online now, like Soul Calibur VI.

I am also a fan of isometric or twin-stick style games. Helldivers for me was a rollicking good time, as long as you accept the fact that your team may be more dangerous to you than the enemy. Procedurally generated small battlefields with a fixed variety of mission goals scattered around them, with difficulties ranging from 1-15. For the record I can't carry past a 6, and I can't fathom winning a 13. If you can kill the scouts before they call for help (specific units for each of the 3 enemy races) then you can keep this quiet... But who doesn't like a nice cup of Liber-tea?
The "oops didn't kill the scout in time" moment is at 3:07.

What about, instead of settling for a single game you choose the right medium to play a myriad of games?

Last edited:

Fhaol

Promoter
Thank you all for the suggestions, the board game thingy might be fun with my wifey :) My problem with fps is field of view. I usd to love Duke Nukem but todays games like destiny 2 have so much going on lol! Plus my vision is worse.
I will tell him about these. Thanks again!

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
Give Civilization a try, or the Warhammer RTS games...

Stellaris is a fucking fantastic game and has a really kick ass Star Trek mod.

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
The Age of Empire II remaster is excellent if you're looking for "classic" RTS games.

Fhaol

Promoter
Thanks, he actually mentioned that one. I have never played it.

Top Bottom