History of Unrepentant

What a great thread... really love hearing about a guilds/community's history.

It pretty much sums up how that vast majority of guilds ive been in started/evolved/finished.

Compelling read.

Should my application to the UGC be successful I would consider it an honour and privillege to be part of The UGC Family :D

1. We will never delete or remove your posts. Your words are yours, and while we may lock or move threads as needed your posts will always be located where they can be seen.
2. We will always explain our actions, and allow public scrutiny of our decisions. Our motto is "we work for you", and we keep to it.
3. We don't expect any preferential or special treatment due to our rank. While we would ask that you respect the hard work we do to keep you guys happy and gaming, our status as "leadership" does not make us infallible, or elevate us above you. We are all equal here.
Wow....who needs Game of Thrones, just grab a cold beer and a bucket of popcorn and read the History of Unrepentant...backstabbing, infighting, mass exodus, hacked accounts...now that's good stuff.

But seriously, that was a great read and it was nice to get backstory on how this community developed and I put Dao's quote up there, because I really respect the message.

williamsond

DDO Usurper
You liked this thread you should read the 5 1/2 hour directors cut where they left in the assassination attempt on the Kim jon un by Chef B, and the time that Dao won the indy 500 in a snow plow...

You liked this thread you should read the 5 1/2 hour directors cut where they left in the assassination attempt on the Kim jon un by Chef B, and the time that Dao won the indy 500 in a snow plow...
Do I see a trilogy in the future? Get Peter Jackson on the phone!

It has been a great read guys and has taken me back to my own MMO start in WoW. the more time i spend with you peeps the more I feel at home. if anyone wants a thread on historys of members before we came to the U i will gladly ramble on. until then game on.

This was a fabulous read. Thank you all for sharing your stories. It was interesting reading how The U developed, and why it is a multi-game guild. I think that is a very smart way to run a guild - a group of people who are more interested in the community than the game. Very well done! All of you.

Just finished reading it. Good stuff. It is a sad truth that even power in something as ultimately insignificant as a game will ultimately corrupt many. I've always been a firm believer in that old saw that those who want power, probably should not be allowed to have it.

Interesting history! For some reason it reminded me of my time in Ultima Online. Was in a very interesting but very small guild with a very laidback but hardworking (can you be both?!) Guildmaster. He did something most leaders in other guilds don't do. Treat everyone equally and never abuse status. Refreshing and nostalgic to see the U is like that :)

Played most of the same games the U has too Champions, WoW, AoC, WAR, Aion, FFXIV, FF11, EVE, etc.

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
Interesting history! For some reason it reminded me of my time in Ultima Online. Was in a very interesting but very small guild with a very laidback buthardworking (can you be both?!) Guildmaster. He did something most leaders in other guilds don't do. Treat everyone equally and never abuse status. Refreshing and nostalgic to see the U is like that :)

Played most of the same games the U has too Champions, WoW, AoC, WAR, Aion, FFXIV, FF11, EVE, etc.
I know there's a Dao joke in there somewhere... :)

Dao Jones

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob.
Well, that describes me to a T - except for the "hardworking", "laidback", and "never abusing his status" parts. I definitely have some commonality with a few of the prepositions and conjunctions, though!

A great read, guys, thanks. I can see so many parallels to guilds, clans, squadrons, families, crews, legions...etcetcetc in the games I've played over the years. Both those who've failed and those who've succeeded.

I think the greatest thing is how the U isn't just about one game, as so many fantastic groups of gamers fall apart when the game on which they met dies and the clan breaks up to go their separate ways. I've lost too many friends over the years when we've both moved in different directions in our gaming life.

See, now look what you've done, I'm getting all nostalgic.

foulsoul

The Big Tomato
Community Leader
On this day in Uey History we collectivley work up, took a deep breath, and - in a confused high we screamed at the top of our lungs "Whats going on?"

After many years and many battles both on and off the screen, Dao Jones has finally decided he doesnt want to be this guy:

Spoiler:

or this guy

Spoiler:

So he asked to be promoted to this guy

Spoiler:

So he could hang out with this girl

Spoiler:

and these guys

Spoiler:

And there was much rejoicing.

What lies next for the future of this band of miscreants who can say

http://www.unrepentantgaming.com/fo...26-I-m-stepping-down-as-leader-of-Unrepentant

Last edited:

williamsond

DDO Usurper
Am I the only one who thinks Dao was pushed? I bet Foulsoul finally found the imfamous "Dao Jones donkey sex tape" and decided the time was right to plunge his dagger into the twatwaffle and steal his purple crown...

Last edited:

jonesjesus90

DDO Guild Leader
Great read! Having had two guilds fall apart. It is good to know that the U is something more than a guild its a stable family.

Interesting backstory.

I've certainly been in several guilds in various games, but this is far and away a superior experience. The way the community is, outside of the individual games, is awesome. And in-game, i've never run with more friendly, helpful people - in any game.

Neat piece of community history. I can tell you some great communities have been formed out of the drama and rage of others piss-poor management. I can relate to both sides as I single handedly destroyed <A Guild Called Quest> in WoW on Eonar back in '05-'06. Learning from my mistakes I patched things up with the other leaders and guildies whom I considered RL friends and we went on to build a power house of a guild pre-BC. I share that to express gratitude to the former, current and future leadership as I know what it takes to be an effective game/community leader and the maturity it takes to know when to step aside and or share the burden of leadership. Oh and "the process works."

Amazing. Just fucking amazing. So simple, and so brilliant.

Why go on the same rollercoaster ride of transcendent highs and soul rending lows time and time again?
Why not unlearn the paradigm of your gaming family has to be exclusively from your personal current favorite game?
Why not create something that crosses game realm borders and bridges time itself?
Why not ensure its success by assessing the nature of the soul of potential additions?

Bravo and well done. I hope I am able in some way to contribute to and become part of this legacy.

I am already inspired. :)

Top Bottom