History of Unrepentant

Needs a WoW story. I was there when we went onto Elune with The Evil Dead - and was on the guild charter when we set up the U branch, but I don't remember the details - who pulled us over there in the first place, and what the early leadership was. I know Chaosmonkey and I were officers for a while, and that Foulsoul swore he'd never play "that game" at all, until he tried it.

Dao Jones

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob.
Fosco said:
and that Foulsoul swore he'd never play "that game" at all, until he tried it.
Was that Foul, or me? I was pretty anti-WoW for pretty much my entire time playing MMOs. I did eventually break down and play the game for a month and a half, but it didn't "take".

I know the story of our WoW branch, but if someone else wants to start it off I can fill in from the "outside leadership" angle.

You swore you would never play it too - but as usual, followed the cool kids.

I went and looked and this is a branch whose entire history is in these forums. Just a matter of patching together the facts, or retaining the forum. I don't even know if Grimztone and Uliven even play in the U anymore.

foulsoul

The Big Tomato
Community Leader
After a couple of false starts one involving kalvatar it seemed wow would never become a real branch

Then grim asked if he could give it a go and we said not to make it anything official so he and a friwnd formed evil dead and managed to convince most of the origional playerbase to follow them to elune much like gravity convinces an avalanch to move earthward with much the same chaotic destruction and finality

The current GM had issues running his guikd under our banner including leadership decisions and roles going to non members so I stepped in and we formed unrepentant

Dao Jones

Foulsoul said:
much like gravity convinces an avalanch to move earthward with much the same chaotic destruction and finality
You missed your calling as a poet. :lol:

Dao Jones said:
Foulsoul said:
much like gravity convinces an avalanch to move earthward with much the same chaotic destruction and finality
You missed your calling as a poet. :lol:
Leading this menagerie requires a poetic soul - a foul one, so he's our Alan Ginsburg.
Another branch born in drama

Dao Jones

Fosco said:
Leading this menagerie requires a poetic soul - a foul one, so he's our Alan Ginsburg.
I'd like to be our Charles Bukowski, but I'm not nearly enough of a homeless drunk for that.

Dao Jones said:
Fosco said:
I'd like to be our Charles Bukowski, but I'm not nearly enough of a homeless drunk for that.
BEER

I don't know how many bottles of beer
I have consumed while waiting for things
to get better
I dont know how much wine and whisky
and beer
mostly beer
I have consumed after
splits with women-
waiting for the phone to ring
waiting for the sound of footsteps,
and the phone to ring
waiting for the sounds of footsteps,
and the phone never rings
until much later
and the footsteps never arrive
until much later
when my stomach is coming up
out of my mouth
they arrive as fresh as spring flowers:
"what the hell have you done to yourself?
it will be 3 days before you can fuck me!"

So i'm just chillin.. Smokin a cig and listenin to Gotye.. Decided to read of this to get to know the roots of it all.. Well I have to say now as a newbie to the guild experience and MMO's in general.. I am more than proud to be a member of such a lovely family o' gamers.. Thanks goes to you who put so much effort into making the U what it is today.

:2thumbsup:

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
Fosco, thanks. I thought I'd read all the pertinent stuff. I hadn't, 'til now.

Very, very interesting. It was fun to read about this stuff. It isn't every day a guild is willing to put up their history, even the bad parts, for others to learn from.

Thanks for posting this where us visitors could read! Super interesting to know how you all 'came about.'

Twas a good read. Foul nice succinct account of the WoW branch starting. I recall many members stating they would never play WoW before it exploded. Was great to read the earlier stuff.

I almost got teary eyed reading about the AOC days. Thanks for recanting all of it.

thinking back i think I was in the hammerfist guild for a little while on AoC and when evildream left, I was one of the ones that left quietly soon after. I believe is was Apoc that got me recruited, my name in the game was Glafe or Cayliff

No, dont have an app their. Might have been in alliance or one of my friends might have been in. I remember the problem you had in the guild when it split for some reason.

I joined the U in October of 2009 with Champions Online. (with Pip)

Got bored with it for some reason and started dabbing back into Wow. When i asked about making an Unrepentant branch Dao Jones told me in his manner. (to put it nicely he said FUCK NO!! but he used HUGE pm'd msg's). but Foulsoul said sure just unofficially. There was another guy (i can't remember name right now) who ran 'Evil Dead' and i asked if he minded of some people from my forum guild could join. he said sure bring some more people in. 50+ people joined and im not sure if it was the pressure of leading so many people or afraid that we would just take over (he was the GM so not sure how that can happen) and he went loopy (restricted everyone but 2 people, kicking people for no reason, basically being an ass). I whispered to the green lettered folks in the forums that he was doing weird crap. Anyway they said go make 'Unrepentant' and tell everyone when its officially made. So i emptied the banks of evil dead (most of our stuff anyway), created 'Unrepentant' officially and when foulsoul came on handed him the GM reigns. Overnight we created a 60 man guild. To be honest it didn't feel like home until i was under 'Unrepentant' name. This all happened in less than a month. I have no ill feelings about WoW i liked the game. just wanted to move on.. which i eventually did jan. 2011.

Last edited:
Top Bottom