Guild Wars 2 App: Veyron (4/1/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application

Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)

Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?

Guild Wars 2

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?

Veyron

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?

Rhal

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.

Dumbest: getting married:

Funniest (but I'm sure it's in the 'you had to be there' category): *Nearly* talking a friend/coworker into taking a client (who was in town from Germany) to a gay bar. I left happy hour early, and said friend texted me asking where he should take the client who wanted to see more of Austin while in town. I politely responded with "Oil Can Harry's" assuming my friend knew of it by reputation, but instead of a sarcastic remark he responded with only an 'ok'. I waited a while, but probably by the time they are about 5 minutes away from the place, my conscience got the better of me and I let him know that maybe they really don't want to go there. I will forever regret not letting them show up there and figure it out themselves.

Most embarrassing: Getting too frisky with my future wife (see 'dumbest') one night at a bar. People to this day are scarred by "The Bone Incident". No, no pics. Thank god it happened before cell phones with cameras.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)

I guess my current one is the coolest, I run a software development company. Cool part: Sometimes I get paid a ton to surf the web and read about games. Uncool part: sometimes I have to work my ass off.

worst: Working at grocery stores while in high school. I wasted my time working for minimum wage when I could have done something productive like... play more video games

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)

Super Mario Bros: Its like riding a bicycle, I can beat Bowser pretty much by reflex still.

Baldur's Gate 2: The best single player RPG ever. It's not even up for debate.

Street Fighter series: I'm no longer in fighting shape, but I will always have fond memories of the heyday of fighting games including having to drop a class in college because I entered a SF2 tournament instead of taking an exam.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.

Most annoying ever? that's hard to nail down to just one. But to stick to gaming, there was this guy in the Dallas tabletop Battletech scene who was such an obnoxious nerd that he embarrassed the rest of us nerds whenever he'd show up. Despite being an alleged 'adult', he'd cry whenever the rules went against him and when he rolled a crit he'd jump and down like he won the lottery. I can still almost smell him to this day. *shudder*

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)

Lets see... I'm a jack of all trades; master of not-that many. At least i'm not afraid to try nearly anything, usually with embarrassing or awkward results. First time skiing: gave up at the end and slid down the mountain on my ass. First time throwing a 'real' party in college: spent the whole night throwing up on my bathroom floor. First time racing a car: taking out half the course while 100 people stared on groaning since they'd have to reset the thing up. First time with a man: Wait, what? Um... that's enough questions for now.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?

Because yall are the only ones dumb enough to take me. Also, Rhal is a good guy. I assume he is hanging out with other good guys/gals.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!! I took too long to fill this form out and had to retype everything, so the only thing i'll say here is: why did you leave the only question that matters for last? Does anyone *really* wear pants, especially while gaming? I mean, it makes no sense. Why would anyone do that?

Almost done!

do you wear pants?

No

Last edited by a moderator:
Rhal! call off the goons, I filled out the app! I promise not to roll on your loot!

I run a software development company.
Which? What do you do? Are you a coder or one of those evil management types?

First time with a man: Wait, what? Um... that's enough questions for now.
You never forget your first..
I can still almost smell him to this day. *shudder*
Told you.

Sorry about the forum eating your post. There's a timeout and, well, it's PHP - I'm impressed the thing runs at all.

Which? What do you do? Are you a coder or one of those evil management types?
Yes? Coder (though I hate that term), but I also have to tell coders what to do when they can't figure it out for themselves.

Sorry about the forum eating your post. There's a timeout and, well, it's PHP - I'm impressed the thing runs at all.
Yeah. I knew it would happen too, but I hit the submit button anyways.

WTH guys, bumping this because I was hoping for, nay, demanding, more verbal abuse. It's not real group if there isn't plenty of hazing.

rhyzen

Sir Jerky, Esq. of House Jerkington
Sorry, Veyron- been busy this past weekend with the parents in town. Last minute visits requiring tourist activities- hooray!

Digging the Archer avatar. That's one show I keep meaning to watch more of, but never get around to doing. H Jon Benjamin is a god damn legend. Love his voice.

Ha, I can totally empathize with the "uber nerd" story. I went on a short duty assignment to a base in middle of nowhere California. We had to stay in open bay barracks while we were there. My bunk mate was reallllllllllllllllllly into the figurines- I'm guessing it was Warhammer? I'm not sure though. This assignment was 10 days. TEN DAYS. He brought an entire tub of his figurines to.. I don't know.. fondle them? I'm all for being nerdy, but come on, man.

Just want to say that Veyron sPvP'd with us like a boss last Monday- glad to finally see an app, big haus.

Question from me: Favorite type of adult beverage and something you'd recommend I should try!

It hath been Hell at work or I would have jumped in early on.

Veyron was one of the warcraft raidin' folk I knew back when I did such things with our Ars guild. He smells of spoiled fish and burned leather. Because Ventrillo has smells or something.

My first question: how do I know you're not a cop?

Most embarrassing: Getting too frisky with my future wife (see 'dumbest') one night at a bar. People to this day are scarred by "The Bone Incident". No, no pics. Thank god it happened before cell phones with cameras.
That's fine, we do accept textual accounts of stories. Nudge-nudge.

Here is the question: You have a table full of bacon and a table full of quality beer for you. Why are you such a greedy bastard? Share that.

Yes? Coder (though I hate that term), but I also have to tell coders what to do when they can't figure it out for themselves.

Yeah. I knew it would happen too, but I hit the submit button anyways.

Yeah tell me about it. I just asked you 6 totally acid induced questions that I don't even remember (No I am not on drugs either, just feeling silly) and the fricking browser closed. I lost them and I have no fricking idea what I just was going to ask you.. Ok so we are semi-stupid at times but that's a god thing right?

Anyway boring questions incoming?

When you go to the bathroom do you look at the poop to see if there is any corn in it?

Ha so I lied I got to ask a stupid question..

Now seriously:

What kind of music do you listen to when you play "hide the poopie?"

Shit it happened again....sorry..

Now seriously.

What class do you play in Guild Wars 2?
If you could be a sausage would you be an andouille, a vienna sausage or a breakfast link?
What is the best single player RPG you ever played? Hint if you say Baldur's Gate 2 we get to beat you bloody with a wooden paddle

See you in game. Oh do you like to WvW?

Here is the question: You have a table full of bacon and a table full of quality beer for you. Why are you such a greedy bastard? Share that.
Best question-that-isn't-a-question ever.

Dirt on rhal. Go.

Just want to say that Veyron sPvP'd with us like a boss last Monday- glad to finally see an app, big haus.

Question from me: Favorite type of adult beverage and something you'd recommend I should try!
PVP: need moar of it. I'm interested in doing some semi regular tournament PVP.

Drinks: If you are into IPAs, Dogfish head's are the way to go the 60-minute is decent every day drinking, 90 when you want something spectacular. 120minute if you want something that's evolved beyond beer.

If you don't like IPAs, drink those anyways until you do.

It hath been Hell at work or I would have jumped in early on.

Veyron was one of the warcraft raidin' folk I knew back when I did such things with our Ars guild. He smells of spoiled fish and burned leather. Because Ventrillo has smells or something.

My first question: how do I know you're not a cop?
How do I know you aren't a cop?

That's fine, we do accept textual accounts of stories. Nudge-nudge.

You can have the bacon, hands off the beer.

When you go to the bathroom do you look at the poop to see if there is any corn in it?
Looking is redundant. You know when there will be corn.

What kind of music do you listen to when you play "hide the poopie?"
J-pop.

What class do you play in Guild Wars 2?
main is Guardian, but I'm an idiot and keep rolling melee in these games. But I've been PVPing with a necro lately, and not JUST because they are currently OP.

If you could be a sausage would you be an andouille, a vienna sausage or a breakfast link?
Are vienna sasusages the little nasty things in a can full of gel? not those. Why do those even exist? Who buys those? Why?

What is the best single player RPG you ever played? Hint if you say Baldur's Gate 2 we get to beat you bloody with a wooden paddle
Baldur... oh shit. Ultima V then... first PC game I ever bought, so it will always have a soft spot in my heart. Ultimas 4-7 were all good, although impossible to beat without cheating your balls off.

See you in game. Oh do you like to WvW?
Totally. I probably spent more time there than anything else.

Dirt on rhal. Go.
The only dirt I have would be from the insanity that WoW causes on people. Can't hold that against him. No one can be held responsible for their actions while in pursuit of purple pixels.

Are vienna sasusages the little nasty things in a can full of gel? not those. Why do those even exist? Who buys those? Why?
Yeah those are them. I wanted to make sure you weren't one of "them people" :)

Baldur... oh shit. Ultima V then... first PC game I ever bought, so it will always have a soft spot in my heart. Ultimas 4-7 were all good, although impossible to beat without cheating your balls off.
:D

Totally. I probably spent more time there than anything else.
Awesome. Those are my favorite GW2 activities as well. Looking good Veyron, looking good indeed so far.

rhyzen

Sir Jerky, Esq. of House Jerkington
PVP: need moar of it. I'm interested in doing some semi regular tournament PVP.

Drinks: If you are into IPAs, Dogfish head's are the way to go the 60-minute is decent every day drinking, 90 when you want something spectacular. 120minute if you want something that's evolved beyond beer.

If you don't like IPAs, drink those anyways until you do.
I might be persuaded to get down w/ some tournament PVP.

Also- good answer. Dogfish Head's 120 min is heaven in a bottle. The only thing I regret so far is not having made it out to their brewery yet. It can't be more than like 3 hours from where I live! Fail. Have you had any of their crazy concoctions and/or collaborations?

Examples: their Ancient Ales, or something like their Positive Contact, which is a part of their "Music Series" of beers and is one of the best damn things I've ever tasted.

I might be persuaded to get down w/ some tournament PVP.

Also- good answer. Dogfish Head's 120 min is heaven in a bottle. The only thing I regret so far is not having made it out to their brewery yet. It can't be more than like 3 hours from where I live! Fail. Have you had any of their crazy concoctions and/or collaborations?

Examples: their Ancient Ales, or something like their Positive Contact, which is a part of their "Music Series" of beers and is one of the best damn things I've ever tasted.
That is a travesty you haven't been to their place on Rehoboth beach. We took a vacation a few years ago up to the new england area and drove down and spent a night in delaware just to go to their restaurant and their brewery. we are beer nerds.

You want the ultimate it beers? If you ever have the chance, try Sam Adams's Utopias. Its like 25% alcohol, and is more like a port than beer. Its hard to get your hands on it though, goes for $150+/bottle on ebay.

Top Bottom