G00z3- STO Application Rev.3 (3/1/0) Need off branch vote

Are you over 18? "I am 24"

Are you a member of any other guild in that game? "No"

What is the name of the character(s) you intend to join with? "Fiona and possibly another (yes I'm a d00d. I like playing female toons. wanna fight about it?"

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name? "I do not..........not yet"

We're big believers in the "everyone pitches in" mentality. If you want to raid, are you prepared to help organize or lead that raid? "Absolutely, I like playing by myself, but I prefer playing with other people, especially in a MMO. It adds alot more fun to the game"

Do you have an issue using Mumble? (Being able to at least listen is critical for active participation in PvP/raids. Note that we don't use Vent.) "Nah, I'm cool with Mumble. To be honest, I've never really used mumble or Vent, other that listening to the Duke Nukem soundboard bomb of a Vent channel.(Sh*t is hilarious)"

Answer the following 4 questions. PROTIP: if your answer is shorter than the question, we will make fun of you for being boring.

1. Tell us the story of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing thing you've ever done : "A long, but not such a short time ago,(ok, it was about 2 years) in a pool not so far away......... my beloved Irish heritage got the better of me and I got, shall we say a bit.... completely hammered. I gaze across the room and see her (For the sake of the story we will call her Penny). She was also drunk and taken a liking to my "hints"(In retrospect, I guess being a bit grabby wasn't subtle, but hey! it was a party). After a nice skinny dip when everyone else had left the pool and after we had continued to feed each other drinks we ended up having sex right there in my buddy's parents pool, right outside the windows of his two younger sisters. Apparently her moaning gave us away and my buddy's dad came out to say hi. Seeing as how our clothes were about 50 yards away, we both had to walk nekkid to the porch to get dressed. I was too drunk too drive so after his parents gave me a short talking to, they had to drive us home. Needless to say I wasn't done with Penny, so when we got back to my place, we went another couple rounds" The next day after taking her home, and working 12 hours in a drunken haze, i went back to my buddy's to apologize to his parents. After apologizing and getting his dad a bottle of Johnny Walker all was well. Now this all happend in July, but to this day I refer to it as Oktoberfest. Why you ask? Because during Oktoberfest , a drunk girl doesn't care if you stick it in her pooper."

2. What is your Zombie Plan? " I would call my buddy Justin, whom I have spent endless hours playing all sorts of Zombie games along with the fact he owns and has practically memorized "The Zombie Survival Guide". He knows his sh*t. My house is perfect for a zombie apocalypse. I have a nice high deck and garage. The garage is basically a machine shop, so weapons would never be in short supply. Along with Justin there would be 5 of us and 2 dogs. Raiding for supplies would be easier because we could split up. We always stock up on everything, so at first provisions wouldn't be an issue at first. One of my roommates is a mechanical and electrical geinus, and we are all fans of "The colony". Adaptation will all of our skills would be easy (at least I hope). As far as the long term goes, I dont really know. But I know that we will have to walk that moral line between kindness and survival "

3. Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming: "I was taught how to ride Motocross by a 3 time world champ. He was a very good friend of my ex's father. I don't do it as a hobby, but it's good skill to learn......and it was freakin awesome. Its was pretty funny. My ex's brother had taken video of this guy running along side me holding the throttle like I was learning to ride a bicycle with out training wheels. lol. If I can ever find that video, I'm more than willing to share. (I fall a couple times after losing control) "

4. If you were us, why would you vote you into The U? "Because I can do an excellent Zap Brannigan impression. Ask me to do it on mumble sometime. I will wow you with "The Transcredible Exploits of Zap Brannigan" "

Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the answers you give below:
• Favorite Type of Music: "Any thing but rap. I think right now what I'm listing to mostly is Fleet Foxes"
• Favorite Movie: "The Big Lebowski" "one of my bumper stickers..."Calmer than you are"
• Favorite Book: "Hatchet by Gary Paulsen"
• Favorite Non MMO Game: "Any Mass Effect or Bioshock game"

In reply to an earlier comment........When looking for a fleet the second thread I looked at was "Set phasers to sexytime" That right there along with Zap Brannigan as the Best Captain, pretty much sealed the deal for me. I haven't looked at any other fleet threads

Re: G00z3- STO Application Rev.3

Er... you do know there is an "Edit" button that lets you change stuff on your app without having to start all over again right?...

Yea, I debated wether or not to do that. I figured starting a new thread would be better some how. I wont next time. Hopefully if I got this one right there wont be a next time. I spent a lot more time in this app. I was really having trouble figuring out what was being looked for. So I tried to go a little farther and be myself. I know this is the group of people I could enjoy playing with. So im not giving up lol

g00z3 said:
Yea, I debated wether or not to do that. I figured starting a new thread would be better some how. I wont next time. Hopefully if I got this one right there wont be a next time. I spent a lot more time in this app. I was really having trouble figuring out what was being looked for. So I tried to go a little farther and be myself. I know this is the group of people I could enjoy playing with. So im not giving up lol
Being yourself is really all anyone can ask of you (unless they enjoy being dissapointed anyways... :lol:)

Huge improvement. Have you been in game with us yet? Have you gotten a cadet invite?

So sounds like the getting caught and embarrassment that came with it was worth it. :2thumbsup:

Don't worry about the female toons thing. There are some in the fleet that think if you DON'T play a female toon you're gay. (NT :? )

Welcome! We will look for you in game and in mumble. We've been getting very busy lately. Lots of people coming back and others waiting for TOR. You will not be lonely.

Great use of a second chance to make a first impression. Yeah, make sure to get that cadet invite and roll with us. I never new that Oktoberfest was really Poopchutefest. I'll have to remember that. I wonder if that's retroactive...

Guitar96: I'm gonna put it in your poop chute
German Slut: But it's not Oktoberfest.
Guitar96: It was at some point, baby, come on, you know you want it.
German Slut: It's a fair court.

Oh yeah, and I don't have a female toon. NT, do we need to discuss this? Over a candlelight dinner?

So Gooz, you like the Star Trek independant of STO, or did you just pick up the game on a lark?

Well I forgot all about STO after it was launched so I was bored about a month ago and decided ti give it a try. I loved it(plus I have been watching through all the star trek series again)

How can I get a cadet invite?

Join the Unrepentant STO Chat channel (those directions are somewhere around here) and ask. Any member can invite you to the fleet.

Join the Unrepentant chat channel and ask anyone for a cadet invite. Any member can give you one.

Guitar96 said:
Join the Unrepentant STO Chat channel (those directions are somewhere around here) and ask. Any member can invite you to the fleet.
fastback64 said:
Join the Unrepentant chat channel and ask anyone for a cadet invite. Any member can give you one.
Jinx!!

fastback64 said:
Guitar96 said:
fastback64 said:
Jinx!!
Do I owe you a coke now?

Ok I have been looking around and I cannot find these instructions you speak of. Can you guys point me in the right direction?

ObiWanJabroni

Official Coiner of Terms
Community Officer

g00z3 said:
Ok I have been looking around and I cannot find these instructions you speak of. Can you guys point me in the right direction?
Second post in the application form sticky in the App Center.

I sure hope you've been drunk when reading this stuff :p

Gooz got in the game and got an invite last night. I was too busy slandering Obi to run with him though.

Harplager

Promoter

Guitar96 said:
Gooz got in the game and got an invite last night. I was too busy slandering Obi to run with him though.
Is it slander if it's true. Guitar is a gentleman and a scholar, so anything that was said must be true.

What genre of music is Fleet Foxes? What would you compare them to?

What drew you to Bioshock/Mass Effect? Are you an FPS type person?

Have you played other MMOs? What drew you to STO over others?

since no one has asked yet...

Orions or Trills? I'll even take Bajoran as a suitable sub.

Harplager said:
Guitar96 said:
Is it slander if it's true. Guitar is a gentleman and a scholar, so anything that was said must be true.

What genre of music is Fleet Foxes? What would you compare them to?

What drew you to Bioshock/Mass Effect? Are you an FPS type person?

Have you played other MMOs? What drew you to STO over others?

1. Fleet Foxes is similar to Mumford and Sons. Its kinda folk/rock/indie. Give them a listen some time. I recommed the songs "mykonos" or "Blue Ridge Mountains" as a first listen. you can find them on teh youtubes.

2. Actually I played both of them because a friend recommended them to me. I loved them and continued to follow the series. One I left out was Assassin's Creed. I F'ING LOVE THOSE GAMES!!!! I would say I'm a FPS/RPG/MMO guy. The only sports games I play are NHL10, 11 etc. and I've never gotten in to sims (forza,ace combat)

3. I played WOW for a long time, and tried out that BSG MMO that came out a while ago. I really liked the space action aspect and I'm a huge Star Trek fan, so it seemed like a good fit......and it has been

fastback64 said:

Idk, Im kinda on the fence. I think i'll level my main a bit more and then start another

Harplager

Promoter

g00z3 said:
I'm a huge Star Trek fan
Do you have a particularly favorite ST series? Caution, there are no right answers, and at least 2 wrong answers. :lol:

g00z3 said:
fastback64 said:

Idk, Im kinda on the fence. I think i'll level my main a bit more and then start another
I guess I was misunderstood. This is a Star Trek question, not a STO question.

Do you prefer

Orion:

Trill:

or even Bajoran:

Top Bottom