Futurama gets the axe...again.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpinchefsky/2013/04/22/bad-news-everyone-futurama-is-cancelled/

Good to see shitty shows about horrible mothers and women who call themselves housewives (I think the definition of that word has changed) and too many more to list that glorify stupidity, and featuring people with less talent than a fucking Toaster seem to be multiplying.

Yet a show literally written by people with PhDs in physics, theoretical computer science, math, applied math (one writer even created an actual mathematical theory for body switching), chemistry and philosophy, is the one getting the axe...

I see Comedy Central continues keeping it's priorities straight too...Lets keep the fucking Jeselnik Offensive on (which is among one of the worst non-reality shows I've ever seen), or that new show with that unfunny skank Amy Shumer, but bail on Futurama.

To quote the Professor: "I don't want to live on this planet anymore."

Holy mackerel...

You do realize it's a business decision not something against the writers, right? Comedy central made a determination that they could get more money if they invested in something the masses will watch instead of something for a niche audience. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but the vast majority of people aren't interested in it. And it's those majority's time/money which keeps shows on air.

You do realize it's a business decision not something against the writers, right?
Yes. That goes without saying.

My point is that it's a show being created by talented people is being canned while shows that require nothing but mongoloids & retards who get drunk & punch each other flourish and multiply.

Also, it's just my small rant with my train-of-thought. Take from that what you will, I just brought the link and my perspective of the situation.

Exactly. For me, that truth is the scariest statistic speaking to where American society is at.
My thoughts exactly, Bushido. Just in fewer words. I think I need to learn to post my rants in short-hand...

Last edited:
Maybe Netflix could pick them up like they did with Arrested Development. Or Hulu, or some internet streaming service. If I had cable, I would have watched it. But then again, I would be watching Duck Dynasty on A&E. I saw that show while I was staying in a hotel earlier this year and laughed my ass off.

It costs next to nothing to produce "reality" TV. Minimal writing requirements, no actors. Hell, how much do you have to pay a cop to show off? Turns out, not that much. You need a camera guy and a good editor and you are in and out.

Huh, I had no idea there were new episodes after the movies. I will need to watch those...
Oh, and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
Huh, I had no idea there were new episodes after the movies. I will need to watch those...
Oh, and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
You are the reason it got cancelled..I hate you :mad::confused::eek::eek::confused::mad:

He could always just use his ridiculous Simpsons money and make it out of pocket and probably recoup the cost from netflix and dvd sales...

I'll admit i never watched the show (the new stuff) when it was being aired (aka the night the new episode was on), but i'm disappointed. Futurama was a good show, and i don't watch many cartoons these days (mostly just the new scooby doo and TMNT), but I've always hated TV mostly in general with all the stupid reality bullshit.

Don't get me wrong, i love shows like Psych, Law and Order, Once Upon a Time, NCIS and such, and yes i'm guilty of watching some reality stuff (Hardcore Pawn, LIzard Lick Towing) but only for the over dramazation of how Pawn shops and Towing companies are run. Desperate Housewives, or Teen mom, or any bullshit like that can go rot in some deep dark cespool in a fiery pit for all i care.

Give me Doctor Who any day. >.>

Sorry Faction, I was a bit grumpy from a work e-mail last night and sort-of took some of it out on you :(

The way to solve this kind of thing is to find/support out-of-channel delivery services. Petition netflix/hulu to pick them up, for example. Those two can afford to cater to niche audiences and are likely the future of television anyway.

ObiWanJabroni

Official Coiner of Terms
Community Officer
The way to solve this kind of thing is to find/support out-of-channel delivery services. Petition netflix/hulu to pick them up, for example. Those two can afford to cater to niche audiences and are likely the future of television anyway.
If this were a viable route, I'd even be willing to throw money at getting Carnivale wrapped up somewhere. To Hell with Futurama, I still want to stab the eyes of the people responsible for cancelling Carnivale.

Carnivale WAS pretty cool. I wouldn't say to hell with Futurama, but it's run its course. Let them make something new.

To be fair season 5 was allot more miss than Hit. the films weren't brilliant either.

Don't get me wrong I have all the films, and re-watch them occasionally, but there's something missing from them.

This happens to a lot of shows that appeal to younger, more tech-savvy audiences. We just can't be bothered to sit down on a set night at a set time to watch a show. Defiance is a good example. It's a decent show that's worth watching, but it's not worth me clearing my schedule every Monday at 9:00 PM. I think it's gonna be available on Amazon so I'll get it there but that won't help their ratings, or the show's future.

For a long time (not sure if it's still true) NCIS was the highest-rated show on TV. Not because it had the biggest audience, but because its audience is the type that will tune in all the time and that shows up well in the ratings. DVRs and online streaming don't. As long as TV studios keep to the way they do business now, online viewers will remain second-class citizens. It'll change eventually, but it's got awhile yet.

Mutiny

Unrepentant's Andy Griffith
Community Officer
I can't allow NCIS to be mentioned without showing this video.

Rhu

I would happily contribute to a kickstarter to fund direct-to-(netflix/amazon/hulu) episodes of Futurama.

That way I can absolve myself of any of the nonexistent guilt from my usual 0-day torrenting of the show.

Man that sucks. My primary toon and all his boff are based around this show. I am the man with no name Zapp Brannigan of the U.S.S Nimbus.

As long as we are brining back old shows that need to be wrapped up Obi, why dont we reboot some Twin Peaks?

Long live Lynch and his weather reports, Ha.

ObiWanJabroni

Official Coiner of Terms
Community Officer
In the final episode of TP, Laura told Dale she'd see him again in 25 years. I'm still clinging on to that tiny shred of hope that Lynch will pull some brilliance out of his ass and give us Season 3 by 2016 (give or take; the finale aired in 1991). Even if that doesn't pan out, I'm mostly at peace with Peaks.

The way they dropped Carnivale was just mean. The HBO executives might as well have just gone around and kicked Carnivale fans square in the dick.

As for Futurama, I really couldn't give a damn, although I'd tune in to a Zapp Brannigan spinoff. Especially if it were just short little 15 minute eps or something so they didn't overdo it.

Top Bottom