Four NHL conferences now? PUCK OFF!

I'm curious to see how many hockey fans are here & what they think of the changes to the league layout in the NHL next year? Personally I think they're making it far more complicated than it needs to be, but also see the potential for some serious upp-age of competition to the point that some of these teams (many of which already fall into the "I f**king HATE those guys" of fan fanaticism) are about to start some monkey-sh*t flinging contests of European proportions...

Then again, I only read a short brief on the new layout & glanced at the new conferences. What do youse guys think? (Yeah... I dropped youse in there :D)

I'm a Blue Jackets fan and they benefit from a lot less travel, but have a tough conference. Fuck the Eastern conference teams that are bitching about having to travel in the same time zone, try going to the Pacific for half your conference games when you're in the Eastern time zone... whiners. Eastern teams can't complain, they have 7-team conferences and the top 4 from each make the playoffs.

It had to be complicated (though the team breakdown works very well). The TV networks pretty much demanded the Playoff format be like it will be for ratings and rivalries (ESPN, please knock Versus off their stupidity train next time, poker is NOT a sport). There's not really another solution that would work because both Detroit and Columbus have no business being in the Western Conference now, and any Eastern team that whines should have to do a week of 4 games in 4 time zones about 4 times a year.

Yes, I'm sick of Eastern Conference whiners :lol:

LoRdNlKoN

Man of Genius
Coeus said:
I'm curious to see how many hockey fans are here & what they think of the changes to the league layout in the NHL next year? Personally I think they're making it far more complicated than it needs to be, but also see the potential for some serious upp-age of competition to the point that some of these teams (many of which already fall into the "I f**king HATE those guys" of fan fanaticism) are about to start some monkey-sh*t flinging contests of European proportions...

Then again, I only read a short brief on the new layout & glanced at the new conferences. What do youse guys think? (Yeah... I dropped youse in there :D)

I am sorry for a second I thought you were talking about a sport that was relevant :2finger: :2finger:

JK. Kind of lol.

LoRdNlKoN said:
Coeus said:

I am sorry for a second I thought you were talking about a sport that was relevant :2finger: :2finger:

JK. Kind of lol.

Kiss my ass....Hockey is far more entertaining than baseball, foot ball and especially basketball.

but yeah...jk....kind of lol. :)

LoRdNlKoN

Man of Genius
Shirx said:
LoRdNlKoN said:
Coeus said:

JK. Kind of lol.

Kiss my ass....Hockey is far more entertaining than baseball, foot ball and especially basketball.

but yeah...jk....kind of lol. :)

I will give you the baseball. But we will have to disagree on the other two :)

Oh don't even get me started... LOL Next you'll be telling me that Golf is a real sport! :lol:

@SP, I hear you. Like I said, I mostly just browsed some articles and didn't really dig in too deep - I wasn't aware that was something that teams even complained about a lot. It's never been a big thing that I've heard on CSN here in Philly (PUCK those idiots on Vs! Worst coverage only behind NBC's... even Fox's coverage was better way-back-when) so it never occurred to me. I can see that being a problem though, but at the same time I don't think there are any teams that are immune to it. West coast times have further to travel to make their games, even in the same timezone. We won't even get into those crazy canucks :p

LoRdNlKoN

Man of Genius
Coeus said:
Oh don't even get me started... LOL Next you'll be telling me that Golf is a real sport! :lol:

Well Tiger has proven that Golf will get you laid, that makes it a sport in my eyes :thumbup:

So wait... does that make strumming an acoustic guitar a sport? :mrgreen:

Top Bottom