"Connection is not secure" warning on Firefox

Harplager

Promoter
Is this any cause for concern? I assume people smarter than me would have said something, but just wanted to see. When I go to a forum post, it's no issue. But I get this if I post in one:

in my experience its no issue, i see alot of sites have this, im pretty sure it just means there is no hard security so basically dont give any of these sketchy guys your credit info ;) if you have a decent firewall youll be fine

Dealer-san

Maestro
Chrome and Firefox have started throwing up that warning on any page with data submission that isn't delivered over HTTPS. That will be addressed in the next major update of the site, but you can generally ignore it for now.

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
It also pops up frequently if a Certificate doesn't get updated when it's supposed to, which is why they often pop up and then clear themselves.

I think there are, maybe, four websites out of every 35 on the net that are not ranked as insecure. That includes a number of financial services, stores, etc.

Basically, ignore it.

Dealer-san

Maestro
Things didn't send reminders as punctually as they should, but it should be fixed. Let me know if you're still getting warnings.

Thank you!
It's fixed for me :) it was making everything on this site so slow :p

Fhaol

Promoter
Got it in firefox today, told browser to ignore warning..maybe theyre trying to tell us something hmmmmm??? lol

Dealer-san

Maestro
It's fixed... It would have been fixed a lot sooner had my internet not been down for most of the day. It wouldn't even have been a problem had the script that's supposed to automatically renew the cert not decided to start bombing out because it upgraded itself to death.

Silentgurl

Promoter
It's fixed... It would have been fixed a lot sooner had my internet not been down for most of the day. It wouldn't even have been a problem had the script that's supposed to automatically renew the cert not decided to start bombing out because it upgraded itself to death.
Thank you Dealer! I appreciate it :)

Dao Jones

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob.
There were/are whacky things afoot with Firefox and certs, as well. A few days ago basically everyone's plugins simultaneously disabled themselves, and weren't allowed to reinstall due to a "connection error". Turns out Mozilla itself had failed to fix some cert renewal issue, so every plug-in was basically timed out and disconnected.

Was fun times. I browsed the internet through my iPad for a few days until they provided a fix. I never realized how much garbage I was missing until I lost NoScript and my HTML5 disabler.

Top Bottom