CO, STO App: trevoriousmaximus (2/2/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
Champs

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
@Trevorious

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
No

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
It is not a story from when I was an adult but it is embarrassing or at least was. I was on the way home from a preseason bonfire when the seniors told me they would not stop at my house and to just jump out, being a dumb sophomore I did and well a completely broken arm through the skin later and boy was a wrong on how hard it was to do in real life.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
I've never really had a 'cool' job or a 'worst' job. The job I have now is I help run a catering company and I hate it. But I hate it for a variety of technical and managerial reasons. Before that I have been in a kitchen for the better part of the last 13 years. Running the kitchen to running the restaurant. Neither cool or worst jobs. Just jobs, cannot wait until I am done with school and can finally get a real job.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
FF IV, VI, X: Counting these as one because really if you don't like these then you should be beat and have your gaming rights revoked. (Also consider some of the golden age SNES RPG's in this vain as well, Legend of Zelda Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Breath of Fire)

FIFA (series): This is a series mostly because I get the new one each year however if I didn't I don't think it would ever deter my playing of it. I need my footy fix and this gives it to me.

CIV (series): Again a series but honestly I still whip out CIV III every now and then to just stomp all over the world. Even though I tend to be an evil warmonger in the real world I like to look into the culture aspect of CIV unless of course Ghandi is involved, that bastard has to die.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
Really I don't think I have one, I tend to think that stupid people are annoying and I do not like to deal with them anymore than I have too. Therefore I would say stupid people and they annoy me mostly because they take up air that people who are not stupid could be using to better things.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
EEEEK, something cool about me? Well hell, I don't think there are a lot of things that are terribly cool about me, unless of course you really like those Dos Equis commercials. They are totally based of me. Just remember one thing Unrepentant, stay thirsty my friends.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I do not have time for a drama laden experience. I have kids, wife, work, and school. When I play I do not want to be dealing with stupid or annoying jerks. I want to play and have a good time, that's why games are here for a good time.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
I don't really have any although I am sure once the hazing begins I will have some haze to give back.

As far as the pants question goes I wish there was more than just radio buttons to click so I decided to put it here. I wear pants I do not wear shorts, unless I have to for work due to heat restrictions. Really grown men don't need to wear shorts unless your swimming or working out.

Almost done!

do you wear pants?
Yes

Greetings, trevorious. What is your course of study in school? For how long have you been playing Champions Online? How did you find The U? Are you coming to The U from another guild?

Salutations Trevor and welcome to the U's application process. Fret not we don't haze folks too...badly here Muhahahahaha. Just kidding. I am curious are you a trained chef or more in the management side of the business? if you are a trained chef do tell what is your signature dish???? Well, your app was good(but a little short), honest and to the point, however I am sure serveral of our members are going to want to know a little bit more about you. What I would like to do is offer up some our my canned tips to help you navigate your way through our application process...so here goes;

1. Be active on the forums!!! We love to engage with new applicants as a community. So you will see other members from other branches of the U, chiming in and asking you questions and what not. Don't be quick to take offense to something someone may say or ask, rather engage with them on a level that you are comfortable with. This process is for us to get to know you and you to get to know us. That is the best way to find out if we are a fit for each other.

2. Join us in game in the Wildcards channel!!! Simply /channel_join Wildcards and chat us up in game. Do not be afraid to introduce yourself, we will be more than happy to chat with you and invite you to run some in game content or shiznit with us. If we are getting that warm fuzzy about you we will invite you to join us in our mumble channel for some actual talking and what not.(Disclaimer: While in Mumble; Do not feed Judgebot after midnight, do not get him wet, and be sure to keep your fingers away from his mouth at all costs.)

3.Remain active on all fronts!!!! Both in the forums and in game during your application process. Yes we know that you have a life outside of game. However if you take a look in the Rejected Applications section of this forum you will see a great deal of applicants get a NO Vote from members due to the fact they became in active and some.....well they just weren't up to snuff. Give it a looksie and you will see just what I am talking about.

Most people do not grasp the fact that we are a Gaming Community made up of several branches with flags in a bunch of games. When you are accepted into the U , you are by proxy accepted into the other branches if you decide to play any other games other than Champs. So as you can imagine while we are selective about who we invite into the fold and we are by no means elitists. Lets just say we are very protective of our community and who we let into it. Well that's all of it in the half-shell, we see a lot of what we call "drive by applicants" , they come in strong and fizzle out quickly. when I say quickly they fill out their application and maybe respond once to something a U member asked than fade to black. We do not like to keep potential members languishing for long periods of time before voting on them. The length of the application process usually falls into the hands of the applicant. The sooner we get to know you the sooner folks will vote on you and we can get you tagged up as a Wildcard and member of the U.

If you have any questions, concerns or just want to say hello you can find me in game @Terminus_Rex. I wish you much success with your application process and I am looking forward to getting to know you in the process. Best of luck!!!!

~Dagz

Welcome trevoriousmaximus. Just a few questions. How do you look in garters? I see you are in school--what are you studying, and what do you want to be when you grow up?

What's your worst restaurant story? Have you ever spit in a jerk's food, or anything like that?

HI TREVORIOUSMAXIMUS!! Sorry, that just sounded like a name that you shout when the person arrives, like "NORM!" Anywho, are you more of a marvel guy or a dc guy, or are you one of those cool noir guys who says i like pulp or indy stuff? Favorite color? Are you more of a zombies should be magical or viral? and whats your favorite post-apocolyptic scenaroi?

OH! also you'll see me online as @firefight

cheers!

Greetings, trevorious. What is your course of study in school? For how long have you been playing Champions Online? How did you find The U? Are you coming to The U from another guild?
I am a Computer Information Systems major (means I do programming or at least hope to)

I played Champs back when it came out and due to lack of funds and just overall lack of care I have not been playing WoW lately at all. I picked up STO and Champs again with my eldest son and saw your post on the forums. You sound like a group of people that I would talk to at a bar while having a drink so I figured what could it hurt? I have not had a 'super group' since launch basically and honestly the game is terribly confusing at the moment so looking for a group that can at the very least point me in the right direction would be nice. I picked up a 60 day card in my local game stop for like 8 bucks so I am having a great time with my $4 a month sub right now :D

Salutations Trevor and welcome to the U's application process. Fret not we don't haze folks too...badly here Muhahahahaha. Just kidding. I am curious are you a trained chef or more in the management side of the business? if you are a trained chef do tell what is your signature dish???? Well, your app was good(but a little short), honest and to the point, however I am sure serveral of our members are going to want to know a little bit more about you. What I would like to do is offer up some our my canned tips to help you navigate your way through our application process...so here goes;

I am not a 'trained chef' although I am the one that comes up with whatever it is that we are doing at work at the moment. I have been in the kitchen as well as the management side and honestly I feel that you should not have to be 'trained' to be good at that. To me it is one of those feel things you either get it or you don't. This is obviously not a hard fast rule but I tend to think that I do a darn good job with creating new stuff on the whim. There was a show on Food Network some 5 to 10 years past where famous chefs would go to a persons house and cook a gourmet meal with whatever they had in the pantry. I feel that is me. As far as a signature dish I made a Filet Mignon Rotini Topped with a Mini Filet and loaded smashed potatoes for dinner a few sundays ago for my wife and I.

Welcome trevoriousmaximus. Just a few questions. How do you look in garters? I see you are in school--what are you studying, and what do you want to be when you grow up?

What's your worst restaurant story? Have you ever spit in a jerk's food, or anything like that?
First of all I look fantastic in garters. I mean women dream of looking at my magnificent legs like that. As far as what i want to be I really hope to be a C# programmer. It is my favorite language to write in so that is where I hope to end up but if I were a betting man ( I am craps all the way) then I would bet I end up coding in Java.

I would NEVER spit in someones food. Honestly if I saw someone do that I would not only fire them (I am good at that) but I might just beat them with a bat as well. I have told plenty of customers to leave though. I do not need everyone's business. They need my food.

HI TREVORIOUSMAXIMUS!! Sorry, that just sounded like a name that you shout when the person arrives, like "NORM!" Anywho, are you more of a marvel guy or a dc guy, or are you one of those cool noir guys who says i like pulp or indy stuff? Favorite color? Are you more of a zombies should be magical or viral? and whats your favorite post-apocolyptic scenaroi?

OH! also you'll see me online as @firefight

cheers!

It is a name you should do that with, it's my Roman name my brother in law gave it to me since he thought I would of been a great Roman. I am more of a whatever I like at the time guy, probably Marvel, I do not really get into much DC unless you consider Batman as the newer movies were fantastic. Really like the Watchmen as well as some of those sort of things. Not really a huge comic book guy but always appreciated it. Color is yellow the color of pure awesomeness. Zombies sir, are not magic, unless of course its a period thing then well that makes sense. As long as it makes sense within the story they are presented I am ok. And for my favorite post-apocalyptic scenario? Well obviously the one in which I end up ruling the world, rebuilding humanity within my own image and then conquer the stars as an immortal (through science or some sort of brain to computer technology) and benevolent King.

I see a lot of right answers here. Hopefully our Champions crew won't scare you off. They're all basically like your creepy uncle who grinds himself under the dinner table anytime anyone says the word "gravy."

My uncle's into gravy like that.

Second the first and second things Chef stated. Since you also play STO, would you like your application title amended to list it as well?

Second the first and second things Chef stated. Since you also play STO, would you like your application title amended to list it as well?
I would not mind at all to have a presence there as these are the two games I am really playing right now. However, I am in a smaller fleet at the moment that I have been in for sometime, a bunch of brits that I chat with about footy basically the whole time I am on when they are. I would love to have people to run stuff though during US times so that would be nice if that all sounds OK. Is there a channel that I can join so that I can BS with people that play Cryptic games? I know there are people playing Neverwinter, I do not think that is something for me but STO and CO are fun stuff.

Application title updated to include STO. Leaving your current fleet to apply for The U is not mandatory. Be forewarned that some of the new faces you will meet may attempt to entice you to boldly go where no decent man has gone before. There are rumors--dark rumors--involving their holodeck hazing programs for ritualizing new recruits.

You can chat with other Unrepentant members in the following channels:
Unrepentant - for all, by all
WildCards - Champions Online
Sexytime - Star Trek Online
Uey - Neverwinter

Last edited:
Welcome Trevor,Sure jump in STO chat,be glad to have ya. Plus I can neither deny nor confirm the so called holodeck hazing programs.

Played STO long?

You said you wear pants but didn't say how.

Favorite Trek Captain? And if you say Janeway,well,expect to be made fun of.

Are you still plotting the demise of those who wouldn't stop and thus basically helped you break your arm?

If so,well,I know people,we'll just leave it at that.

Welcome Trevor,Sure jump in STO chat,be glad to have ya. Plus I can neither deny nor confirm the so called holodeck hazing programs.

Played STO long?

You said you wear pants but didn't say how.

Favorite Trek Captain? And if you say Janeway,well,expect to be made fun of.

Are you still plotting the demise of those who wouldn't stop and thus basically helped you break your arm?

If so,well,I know people,we'll just leave it at that.
[HR][/HR]Ugh while at work today which I will be here for about 15 hours today, I cannot get certain things to work so I will have to use shitty html lines to break things up. I apologize mostly for my own sake because they offend me more than they should offend you. Anywho be that as it may, thank you Vindicatus for the channels. I will try to get on either tonight or tomorrow during the day and at the very least join whatever channel(s) that is appropriate. Appropriate for the game obviously by the 'colorful' remarks I fully expect none of the channels to actually be appropriate at all. I am also glad that it is not mandatory to leave my current fleet, however I will be putting at least one guy into said fleet more to keep tabs on the so called holodeck 'programs'. As far as Kreitun's questions here we go: Yes and no. I played STO back when it was not F2P and enjoyed the game very much. The guys that got me to try it out stopped playing shortly after I started (a theme I have found with most MMO's and people that get you to play) I played for probably about a year or so and then stopped before the f2p started mostly to see what it did. Enjoyed it as it came out but then just dropped off. I resigned up for the Romulan stuff and was talked into the lifetime sub during the sale as I had a big tip one week from an event that no one knew about so I selfishly used that for me. As far as pants well I think pants are better than shorts, mostly because grown men should not wear shorts unless its a necessity. So I guess I wear them like a normal person? You know with a belt. I want to say Janeway just so I can argue for her except I did not like her really at all. The new Jim Kirk from the new 'not really Star Trek" movies is becoming a favorite but if I was forced to pick a captain it would probably be Tovok the Romulan Captain from TNG played by Andreas Katsulas. Mostly because he is my favorite Sci-Fi actor ever. But if your being picky and want me to pick a favorite captain from the shows that was a main guy then I would probably pick Sisqo. I just liked DS9 the best I think. There was so much to hate about the show (Bajorans) and that made it intriguing. I am not plotting the demise of those people who thus basically helped to break my arm as when I did that I rolled up my arm in my shirt told them I was fine and then walked in the house very quickly. Upon entry I believe my words were, hi mom I'm tired see you tomorrow, night. Upon entry to my room I found some duck tape put my arm back to together 'ish' and then passed out on my bed. I woke up in the hospital to a very angry mom (saw that coming hence the ducking of the mom in the first place) and a police officer asking questions. I am proud to say that they did not get anything out of me while I was coherent. While their tactics of not offering pain killers until I explained what happened did not work they did have to give me some sort of loopy meds so they could do a 'soft' reset on my bones. This med basically made my consciousness very pliable and I believe that is when I spilled the said beans. That always makes me proud to know that even at the age of 15 and in immense amounts of pain I would not submit to spilling the said beans.

Hi Trevor and welcome. For some reason I really want some smashed potatoes and gravy right about now.

What's your main toon like? What powers? How many level 40's do you have?

What's your favorite Power Set(s)?

Look forward to hanging with you in game.

Hi Trevor and welcome. For some reason I really want some smashed potatoes and gravy right about now.

What's your main toon like? What powers? How many level 40's do you have?

What's your favorite Power Set(s)?

Look forward to hanging with you in game.

I have 0 level 40's but I am about one mission away from having a rommie at 40 and he is science. I deleted the one I had when I came back and before I got the lifetime so I had the space to make a rommie I didnt miss much only a phoenix pet thingy and maybe some tribbles or something. Its not a big deal as when I came back I was gifted about 4 mil EC by my buddies that I came back to play with and I have just been enjoying the game as it goes at the moment. Just really enjoying the game and getting into doing Doff missions A LOT. That's a fantastic thing for the game, it actually feels all star trekkie with the doing silly things like concerts and killing breen at the same time.

As far as powersets I really enjoy the science (non healing) sets at the moment but I havent really done much grouping. Although people seem to love a random hazard emiters thrown at the cruiser taking on the big borg ships so i dont die so ehhh who knows maybe that is something for me.

And really who cant use more smashed potatoes in their life?

You wear pants? Not man enough for a kilt? Don't worry, I am currently too busy to play lately, but I occaisiaonally harass, er I mean meet STO applicants to see what they are about. I'll leave it to the others to put you through the grinder, uh, ask sensitive qustions and get to know you better. Show up on my ship with pants and you will not get the good hooch!:cool:

I have 0 level 40's but I am about one mission away from having a rommie at 40 and he is science. I deleted the one I had when I came back and before I got the lifetime so I had the space to make a rommie I didnt miss much only a phoenix pet thingy and maybe some tribbles or something. Its not a big deal as when I came back I was gifted about 4 mil EC by my buddies that I came back to play with and I have just been enjoying the game as it goes at the moment. Just really enjoying the game and getting into doing Doff missions A LOT. That's a fantastic thing for the game, it actually feels all star trekkie with the doing silly things like concerts and killing breen at the same time.

As far as powersets I really enjoy the science (non healing) sets at the moment but I havent really done much grouping. Although people seem to love a random hazard emiters thrown at the cruiser taking on the big borg ships so i dont die so ehhh who knows maybe that is something for me.

And really who cant use more smashed potatoes in their life?
That's a nice detailed response, which makes it all the harder to say that I was talking about CO, not STO. But now everyone knows how you feel about STO, which is good too.

Top Bottom