CO App - MzPaige

Which game(s) are you joining us in? Champions Online

Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply) I remember when I was 18... *shivers* It still sucks. Yes over 18 thankfully.

Are you a member of any other guild in that game? Nope I am too new to the game and this one seemed to make the most sense to me, or it could have been all the talk of beer on the CO forums... Even though I am technically not a beer drinker. Me and the Captain make it happen :D

What is the name of the character(s) you intend to join with? I would like to join with my characters Shift@MzPaige and Ice Queen@MzPaige.

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name? Not unless someone out there joined without my knowledge.

Did you read our charter and rules? Which rules translation was your favorite? Absolutely! Oh my the half drunken Scottish had me rolling! I guess its because I have a half drunken Scottish heritage...

Do you have an issue using Ventrilo? (Being able to at least listen is critical for active participation in PvP/raids) Not at all. Getting me to shut up is likely the more difficult task.

Answer the following 4 questions. PROTIP: if your answer is shorter than the question, we will make fun of you for being boring.
1. Tell us the story of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing thing you've ever done: Well, I managed to take a Ford Explorer airborne. I was driving through Iowa in the middle of winter. Snow started drifting across the road. I hit a drift at 75mph and lost control. The ass end of the car whipped out and rather then roll, the tires caught and I ended up going for my first flight ever. Into a median. With 3 feet of snow. When the car finally hit the ground, it was still going forward. I very nearly went into oncoming traffic before I got control again. Finally it stopped. Thats the embarrassing part. The funny part is, there were 50 other cars lined up in the same median who had met the same fate!
2. What is your Zombie Plan? Step 1. Stock up on guns and ammo. Step 2. Get as many kegs of beer as I can. Step 3. Load up as I get Loaded. Step 4. Kill Zombies. Step 5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 as often as needed or until I pass out on the floor and am either eaten or turned into a Zombie. Step 6. Assuming I am still alive and still somewhat coherent, finish of the Zombies and dance around naked until I pass out or sober up.
3. Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming: Well I went to school for culinary arts which is the fancy way of saying I can cook and bake. So Yay for me. I am also a musician and can play nearly any instrument I get my hands on.
4. If you were us, why would you vote you into The U? Well... It could be many things. There is my fashion sense, I could have flirted with me a bit, It could be for my amazing ability to make and enjoy pie. All in all though, it is likely because I enjoyed reading my app.

Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the answers you give below:
• Favorite Type of Music: Steampunk Indy and Mainstream. Think Abney Park or Doctor Steel.
• Favorite Movie: a tie between The Boondock Saints and Labyrinth. (what David Bowie was hot in that movie!)
• Favorite Book: Splinter Cell by Tom Clancy
• Favorite Non MMO Game: X-men Legends 2 because it has both of my heroes in it, Gambit (CUTE!!!) and Deadpool.

*edits made*
I tweaked my app a bit here and there to make sure Its what yall are looking for ;)

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
Interesting beginning and good of you to come look us up in game already.

Try looking over our Accepted Apps to see what we're looking for. We like to get to know our fellow Unrepentant members.

Well because of the fact that I enjoy creating enjoyable confectionery delights which are crusted and have some sort of delightful filling... in short...because I like pie.
Didn't we have some sort of pie vs. cake war a while back? I see you have joined the pie side. That may or may not help you, depending.

Zandar1 said:
Didn't we have some sort of pie vs. cake war a while back? I see you have joined the pie side. That may or may not help you, depending.
My dear Zandar, don't you know Cake is a lie, but Pie is truth... Mmmmm Pie...

No on to the application.

Zandar's already given some great advice.

On top of reading the accepted applications, try reading the rejected applications as well.
Also this thread will hopefully give you a better idea of what the application process looks like.
Basically we're trying to get to know you (while giving you a chance to get to know us).

Also if you haven't done so already don't forget to chat us up in game in the WildCards channel, and keep active in your application thread.

Also, if getting your ear slammed in a door at a young age is your most embarrassing moment in life I really envy you.

I don't envy her...I'm impressed.

Getting your ear slammed in a door seems like it'd take a rare bit of talent. :2thumbsup:

I manage to slam my feet in doors all the time, but they're considerably bigger than ears.

Arual and Zandar's suggestions are good ones.

We mid-to-late-20s-ers are the young'uns here. I think the average age is about 35, but I may be mistaken.

MzPaige said:
Well, I managed to take a Ford Explorer airborne. I was driving through Iowa in the middle of winter. Snow started drifting across the road. I hit a drift at 75mph and lost control. The ass end of the car whipped out and rather then roll, the tires caught and I ended up going for my first flight ever. Into a median. With 3 feet of snow. When the car finally hit the ground, it was still going forward. I very nearly went into oncoming traffic before I got control again. Finally it stopped. Thats the embarrassing part. The funny part is, there were 50 other cars lined up in the same median who had met the same fate!
'Bout that time, ol' Boss Hogg knew what MzPaige was up to....

Also, naked dancing...if I had a vote it would already be trending yes for that alone.

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
Sage said:
Getting your ear slammed in a door seems like it'd take a rare bit of talent.
Hunh? Where did you read that?

Anyway...decent app overall, lackluster zombie plan, but someone has to be fodder.

Might have to look into Steampunk music, I love the genre, haven't really listened to any music that I'd quantify that way.

Boondock Saints and Labryinth, excellent choices...BIG David Bowie fan.

What did you think of A Knight's Tale?

Look forward to chatting you up some more in game, you seemed nice enough in my limited interaction.

Labyrinth was my first date with my current wife.
So when we watch it now it is traditional that there is heavy petting involved.
"Hey lady, you can't throw his head, you can only throw your own head!"

Let's say you were applying for a TSA position keeping our airports safe and secure.
Can you spot the suspicious package in this photo?

huntgod said:
Sage said:
Getting your ear slammed in a door seems like it'd take a rare bit of talent.
Hunh? Where did you read that?

Anyway...decent app overall, lackluster zombie plan, but someone has to be fodder.

Might have to look into Steampunk music, I love the genre, haven't really listened to any music that I'd quantify that way.

Boondock Saints and Labryinth, excellent choices...BIG David Bowie fan.

What did you think of A Knight's Tale?

Look forward to chatting you up some more in game, you seemed nice enough in my limited interaction.

ok the Ear thing is a story I switched out. I got my ear slammed in a door when I was a little girl. Thank *deity* my head grew into my ears. Geez that was a bad experience. I own A Knight's Tale. That is an Epic Movie. I love how they blended classic rock with Medieval sports. Oh and of course more Bowie in that too. (Golden Years is played during the Dance.) All in all I am really looking forward to getting to know you all.

Amdusias440 said:
Labyrinth was my first date with my current wife.
So when we watch it now it is traditional that there is heavy petting involved.
"Hey lady, you can't throw his head, you can only throw your own head!"

Let's say you were applying for a TSA position keeping our airports safe and secure.
Can you spot the suspicious package in this photo?

I love that movie (and the suspicious package.) . I watched that non-stop growing up. It was and is a very good movie.

+ Likes Chocolate Cream Pie.

+ Answers my stupid questions in-game.

- Does not admit to being a sentient AI.

Looking good so far

Yeah and my drunken randomness does not throw her one bit....nice.
Looks like a good crop coming in this time.

MzPaige said:
ok the Ear thing is a story I switched out. I got my ear slammed in a door when I was a little girl. Thank *deity* my head grew into my ears. Geez that was a bad experience. I own A Knight's Tale. That is an Epic Movie. I love how they blended classic rock with Medieval sports. Oh and of course more Bowie in that too. (Golden Years is played during the Dance.) All in all I am really looking forward to getting to know you all.
Okay I have talked to a lot of people who think they have watched this movie and know it pretty well.
Have you seen the hidden Bowie face in the tunnels? Not the rock that is in three pieces that makes his face from a certain angle but the HIDDEN one right after they escape the cleaners? And then there are the other five hidden Bowie faces. One in the trees, one in the bricks when Hoggle almost falls into the Bog of Eternal Stench, one above the stone labyrinth and one in the tile in the evergreen labyrinth. It helps to watch it with chemical enhancement, but once you find them, you always see them.

Amdusias440 said:
MzPaige said:
Okay I have talked to a lot of people who think they have watched this movie and know it pretty well.
Have you seen the hidden Bowie face in the tunnels? Not the rock that is in three pieces that makes his face from a certain angle but the HIDDEN one right after they escape the cleaners? And then there are the other five hidden Bowie faces. One in the trees, one in the bricks when Hoggle almost falls into the Bog of Eternal Stench, one above the stone labyrinth and one in the tile in the evergreen labyrinth. It helps to watch it with chemical enhancement, but once you find them, you always see them.
Wow, you just gave me another reason to watch this movie! I never noticed the Bowie faces. I thought I had the whole thing memorized but looks like I have been proven wrong! time to fish out my dvd...

As a completely no-eligible voter, I say yes to anyone that can make a decent pie. Also explains my marriage, but that's probably best held onto for a later time.

MzPaige said:
• Favorite Type of Music: Steampunk Indy and Mainstream. Think Abney Park or Doctor Steel.
Steampunk as a form of music?

All I have to say is... WTF

Anywho, to each his own.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

It's time for another rousing round of Artemis Judges Your Survey Answers!

MzPaige said:
Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the answers you give below:
We have a special day here! Usually people list a genre of music that I've listened to rather than just read about. So, how did Steampunk Indy become your favorite type of music? I can certainly see being active in the steampunk scene, but what about the music elevates it above all others in your ears?

• Favorite Movie: a tie between The Boondock Saints and Labyrinth. (what David Bowie was hot in that movie!)
Very fine choices. Though, there do seem to be some thematic clashes. As I consider it, Agent Smecker is the only character from the first that I can possibly imagine making their transition from childhood to adult in the Goblin Kingdom.

• Favorite Book: Splinter Cell by Tom Clancy
So, Steampunk music and Tom Clancy? Usually, it's the book that people list as their favorites that I've never read. While I did enjoy reading Splinter Cell... it was a novel based on a game. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you. I've read plenty of novels based on games, being an unrepentant geek myself. But, what is it about Spinter Cell that makes it your favorite book? You've really got my curiosity up on this one.

• Favorite Non MMO Game: X-men Legends 2 because it has both of my heroes in it, Gambit (CUTE!!!) and Deadpool.
And it takes until now for the theme to fall into place. A little bit off the wall, kind of anti-heroish heroes. Hotness is mandatory. I suspect, as I think about it, this may be an influence in your first answer as well. :D

Edit: Jeez, I shouldn't mess with tags first thing in the morning

Alrighty then! *takes an Ace Ventura style deep breathe*

The thing that makes Steampunk music so enticing to me is both the design of the instruments which in many cases are custom made for the bands and the thematic activity associated with the bands in general. Take Abney Park for example the theme they follow is that of a group of Airship Pirates. Their music is rather industrial but has violins and such in it. Another example of the thematic nature of this genre is Dr. Steel. If you want a hoot, Youtube Dr. Steel and check out some of his propaganda. His thing is being a Mad Scientist who was thrown in a looney bin for making toys that were quite demented such as baby dolls with buzz saws for arms and such. He wants to take over the world. Its a joke but given the choice I would hit a convention dressed as one of his nurses and spread propaganda (What he calls his posters, stickers and the like), just to have fun with it...

*gasps for air!*

Ok links between Boondock Saints and Labyrinth, Agent Smecker is definitely linked to Jareth. I always thought Sir Didymus and Hoggle would make good brothers. Hmmm and then you could call the Laughing Man those crazy ass birds who take off their heads.

The book was because it was the only one I could think of at the time, I enjoyed that one because there is actually a story and while it is based off a video game the story itself isn't. It gave Sam Fisher a bit more of a personality. Other Favorites are the Chronicles of Narnia and Lord of the Rings (curse you hollywood!) Both are great series-es of books and have rememberable characters which actually have depth to them.

There is a slight hole in your argument about cuteness and heros/anti-heros... Deadpool is not cute! He is cool and that mask does wonders but without the mask you are looking not at a face but at hamburger! I guess with him its the fact that if he were real and I were to meet him I have a 50/50 chance of survival. Either I swoon and fall for him or I get killed. One or the other. *shrugs* There did I miss anything?

So What your saying is steampunk music is like the music they play in LOTRO. Interesting. Where is my Theremin. I also think steampunk is pretty cool. But its gone all trendy and stuff.

Lord of the Rings series; Would have been fantastic books if Tolkein could have just got on with it. Also how could you not like the movies. They were filmed like the books. Lots of longwinded cut scenes.

Ear slammed in door. Have you retained that level of dexterity throughout your years?

Here are a few questions for you.

Are you a fan of Fred Savage on Facebook?

Do you know who George Wendt is? No Googling.

If you were a character in an original Nintendo Game who would you be?

If you could have relations with an character in an original Nintendo Game who would it be?

And Finally. Paper or Plastic?

Thank you for your time.

CptSquash said:
Ear slammed in door. Have you retained that level of dexterity throughout your years?

Here are a few questions for you.

Are you a fan of Fred Savage on Facebook?

Do you know who George Wendt is? No Googling.

If you were a character in an original Nintendo Game who would you be?

If you could have relations with an character in an original Nintendo Game who would it be?

And Finally. Paper or Plastic?

Thank you for your time.
Here are some answers...

Dexterity, Most definitely. In fact its near... Super Human >.>

No not a fan of Fred Savage on Facebook. Not on any principles or anything. I just hate Facebook.

NORM!!!! and Da Bears! I know who George Wendt is. That is of course without googling. btw do you like movies? Do you like Baked Beans? Do you Like Movies with George Wendt eating baked beans? Do you like Movies with Baked beans eating George Wendt? Do you like George Wendt eating Baked beans and movies?

I would Either be Princess Peach or Samus from Metroid. It depends on what day of the month it is.

Well at First I thought Link would do it but then I thought a bit about it... He is a swords man and always out hacking things up. You know he smells like blood and guts reaking twice over. Then I thought about the Mario Brothers. (Yes both of them...) Mario... I don't think I could make enough pasta for him, Luigi is pretty much nothing without Mario. Simon Belmont would be an interesting date until a vampire bit my neck and I joined the cast of Rocky Horror Picture show or something crazy like that. Nope in the end I would have to go with Megaman... I would of course let him absorb the powers of a vibrator first though >.>

Paper because I can reuse it several times over and then burn it when it when I cant anymore then put the ash in a garden.

I'd heard of Abney Park before, but never really listened to any of their stuff. Me likey! And Dr Stell is damn entertaining...but seems to have become inactive?

All this steam-punk is making me want to build something... maybe I'll finally get off my ass and finish the plans for my cell phone case mod...but probably not. Damn laziness. Still, at least now I have some tunes to listen to! :)

Top Bottom