Champions App - @dendain

G

Which branch(es) are you joining us in? (Aion, Champs, DDO):
Champions Online

Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply)
That I am

Are you a member of any other guild in that game?
Tried a few guilds out but they weren't for me. So....Nope

What is the name/class/current level of the character(s) you intend to join with?
Cortex/ Telekinesis Framework / LVL 14 and rising fast

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
nada

Did you read our charter and rules? Which rules translation was your favorite?
sure did. The drunken translation was my favorite, The yorkshire Pikey coming in at a close second.

Do you have an issue using Ventrilo? (Being able to at least listen is helpful for active participation in PvP/raids)
nope

Answer the following 4 questions. PROTIP: if your answer is shorter than the question, we will make fun of you for being boring.

1. What's the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing thing you have ever done:
Probably all of those fit into the time I got my hands on a list called "100 Things to do at Wal-Mart when you're bored". That list is the same reason that I can no longer set foot in that store.

2. What is your Zombie Plan?
Fortify a department store (preferrably the aforementioned Wal-Mart from the previous question out of total spite). guns, ammo, non perishable food in large quantities all in one place. how can you go wrong.

3. Tell us the story of why you will no longer drink <Canadian Mist>:
I was at a buddy's house party downing shots of the stuff all night long. I slowly get to where I blackout and can't remember a thing. I wake up being dragged to the car in the middle of the night, on my way to the hospital from alcohol poisoning, in nothing but my underwear, flip flops that I had apparently stolen from some random girl at the party, and wearing the Plated helm that was once on my friend's replica armor statue.....ahhh fun times.

4. Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming:
I play guitar, I will someday be an Audio Engineer in a recording studio, I have a damn near photographic memory when it comes to music and movies. I can turn my eyelids inside out

Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the answers you make below:
• Favorite Type of Music: Hard Rock and Metal
• Favorite Movie: Monty Python and the quest for the Holy Grail
• Favorite Book: Dan Brown - Angels and Demons (Hated the movie)
• Favorite Drink: Rum (I am a pirate....didn't you know?)
• Favorite Non MMO Game: Final Fantasy series (Not FFXI)

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
• Favorite Non MMO Game: Final Fantasy series (Not FFXI)

Dammit, another one.

App's a nice start. I'm legally required to not automatically vote no because of Final Fantasy, but I would recommend taking a look at the accepted apps and even a few of the rejected ones. :)

The Audio Engineer thing is cool. Any good recording studio stories?

Okay I can't believe there's been 11 views and only one reply so far, actually wait yes I can. Sorry hon, but this application just seems a little on the thin side. I'm going to request that you take a look at some of the accepted applications, and some of the declined applications just so you can get a feel of what we are looking for. We use these applications to get a feel of who you are, and the short not really descriptive answers don't really cut it, not for me at least. I'm sure you're a great guy, there are small glimpses of it, just go back and try adding some more stuff for us to [s:38x3lk2z]use against yo[/s:38x3lk2z]... get to know a little more about you. But don't delay or your application could be filled with pictures asking for more meat or perhaps some more:

Also if you haven't already join us in WildCard chat in game and chat us up.

* Edited because Zandar types faster than I do ;)

Death_Rictus

Shotgun Enthusiast
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I've read this app before. The walmart bit seems very familiar for some reason.

Kiserai

Community Leader
Death_Rictus said:
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I've read this app before. The walmart bit seems very familiar for some reason.
Spot on. This is why thin applications don't work for us--they tell us nothing about the applicant and pretty much just all blend in together. One short application looks a lot like the next.

The application isn't terrible--he did manage to follow basic instructions and wrote more than the questions. The next step is to make sure a little personality gets out there. A good start would be going into a nice story about #1. Right now we don't know enough about you to know if you'd fit in or not.

Perhaps elaborating on
1. What's the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing thing you have ever done:
Probably all of those fit into the time I got my hands on a list called "100 Things to do at Wal-Mart when you're bored". That list is the same reason that I can no longer set foot in that store.
would help us out here...

A high "view to reply" ratio is not a good thing... Not necessarily bad either, but what it says is that those who viewed it but didn't post anything have nothing good or bad to say; we don't automatically approve applicants, so no responses doesn't help getting approval, it just delays the rejection...

Another bad sign is when we being having discussions between us on an app thread... :shock:

Death_Rictus

Shotgun Enthusiast
Rhodar said:
Another bad sign is when we being having discussions between us on an app thread... :shock:
About the app itself that is. The derailments are something else entirely.

Dao Jones

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob.
It's like he's a good applicant with a bad app.

Personal conversation happen on good applications as well. Mostly they involve Dao.

I am going to refrain from saying this is an outright fail. But it is DAMN close.

I guess he Tried? And that's worth something?

[hsimg:3217za75]http://www.markstivers.com/wordpress/comics/2008-05-08%20Photographic%20memory.gif[/hsimg:3217za75]

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
Needs more Dendain in this app.

I've been pretty lenient on these apps because of the holidays, but they were either promising apps or we had people follow up on the channel in-game on in the thread.

Seen neither in this one, and it's been a week. One of the two is necessary.

Voting no.

Top Bottom