Champion Online Application: Bedlam (3/1/0)

Which game(s) are you joining us in? CO atm but am also looking at Secret World so wiould be joining you there too if you all decide to play it.

Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply) I could have seen Elvis live even though I was too young to probably appreciate him.

Are you a member of any other guild in that game? No

What is the name of the character(s) you intend to join with? Bedlam@RQLucid and maybe Mistress Ayumi

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name? No, but my mom always did warn me that I came from a big family and to watch out who I dated so who knows.

We're big believers in the "everyone pitches in" mentality. If you want to raid, are you prepared to help organize or lead that raid? Yes

Do you have an issue using Mumble? (Being able to at least listen is critical for active participation in PvP/raids. Note that we don't use Vent.) No problem, already have it and am hoping they get the overlay issue fixed.

Answer the following 4 questions. PROTIP: if your answer is shorter than the question, we will make fun of you for being boring.
1. Tell us the story of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing thing you've ever done: While my parents were out of town I took my dads truck for a spin with some friends when I was in junior high. I was showing off at how fast I could go, but wasnt paying attention to the road, which ended in a T crossing with a house straight ahead of me. I couldnt slow down so had to drive through the front,side and back yard. I wasnt caught but am pretty sure my dad knew I took the truck. Worst part was that a girl I liked was watching.
2. What is your Zombie Plan? I plan to take over a mini mall near my house. Liquor store,gun shop,gas station and a bar with billiards and darts. Everything I need all in one convenient place.Most of the shops in the place have bars on the windows and doors that would help keep the zombies out and let me shoot out. PS -Klaatu Barada N... Necktie... Neckturn... Nickel... PPS- See whats cool about me :cool:
3. Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming: First day i took my first pistol out to shoot I put 10 shots rapid fire into a hole the size of a fifty cent piece at 15 yards. (Added 10/09/11) Cant believe I forgot this but in the late 90's I met Houston Geronimo (Geronimo's great or great great grandson) on Spring Break and got drunk with him and his buddy who's name I cant recall.
4. If you were us, why would you vote you into The U?
Ive been playing online games since before EQ. I can follow orders and know how to play my roles.Also ive learned straws are great to drink beers while playing :2thumbsup:
Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the answers you give below:
• Favorite Type of Music: 2 of my favorites (Johnny Cash and Trent Reznor) rolled up in one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l95D7leeU3w also Tool,Pink Floyd,Led Zeplin,Primus,old to mid 90's country and most blues.
• Favorite Movie: Serenity/Firefly Jayne: "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
• Favorite Book: Dark Tower series
• Favorite Non MMO Game: Do MUDs count? if so Discworld MUD

Re: Champion Online Application: Bedlam

Bedlam, Thanks for applying, but I recommend you go check out the accepted and rejected apps section. In general a greater white text to green text ratio is good. Good place to start is flushing out the story and your zombie plan. These are two of the best ways for us to pear into your sole to see what kind of man/women/beast you are.

Hi Hoax/Bedlam, and welcome to the app. process here in U Ville.

itwek is right, more white text is good, but you at least have a starting point here.

As for your story... Did your truck go through any fences or did you just go over the lawn? Did you get away w/o anyone finding out? Did you leave tire tracks all over the lawn for the unfortunate home owners? Did your dad ever find out?

As for your Zombie plan... How will you seal up the place to keep them out? How do you plan on getting from one building to the next w/o getting eaten?

And, if you haven't already, join us in game: /channel_join wildcards

EDIT: Nice avatar BTW... Stay thirsty my friends!

Brizel said:
Hi Hoax/Bedlam, and welcome to the app. process here in U Ville.

itwek is right, more white text is good, but you at least have a starting point here.

As for your story... Did your truck go through any fences or did you just go over the lawn? Did you get away w/o anyone finding out? Did you leave tire tracks all over the lawn for the unfortunate home owners? Did your dad ever find out?

As for your Zombie plan... How will you seal up the place to keep them out? How do you plan on getting from one building to the next w/o getting eaten?

And, if you haven't already, join us in game: /channel_join wildcards

EDIT: Nice avatar BTW... Stay thirsty my friends!

Wasnt a fence in that yard luckily but I did just barely miss a telephone pole, gas line,swing set and close line.
My dad never let on he knew I took the truck, but I still think he knew. No adults knew I drove thru that yard, but most of the kids I knew at that time did see. And yes, there were tire tracks through that yard thanks to me.

As for tha zombie plan , you can move shop to shop on the roof. Most shops have bars on the doors and windows. Oh, and nearby there is a Walgreens and Starbucks. It would be a kinda exciting run to get there but theres plenty of bullets and survival gear to make it.

Loving the avatar. Avatars are everything in a world full of lies.

Hoax said:
Oh, and nearby there is a Walgreens and Starbucks. It would be a kinda exciting run to get there but theres plenty of bullets and survival gear to make it.
Sorry Bud, but you won the "coffee run lottery" today. Sure you might die or get turned into a Zombie making the run, but we need our caffeine! I'll have a venti half-skinny half-1 percent extra hot split quad shot latte with whip.

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer

I actually hate coffee. Go fig.

Re: Champion Online Application: Bedlam (0/0/0)

I don't always drink coffee, but when I do, I prefer coffee flavored coffee.

Hoax said:
I don't always drink coffee, but when I do, I prefer coffee flavored coffee.
You do realize that you now have to end every post with a "Most interesting man" comment.

Both sides of his pillow are cool.

Harplager

Promoter

Brizel said:
Hoax said:
Oh, and nearby there is a Walgreens and Starbucks. It would be a kinda exciting run to get there but theres plenty of bullets and survival gear to make it.
Sorry Bud, but you won the "coffee run lottery" today. Sure you might die or get turned into a Zombie making the run, but we need our caffeine! I'll have a venti half-skinny half-1 percent extra hot split quad shot latte with whip.
Is that a real thing, Brizel?

Harplager said:
Brizel said:
Hoax said:
I think that might look something like this.

Did you ever play MUD's back in the day? I notice you have played online games since before EQ so it made me wonder.

JudgeBot said:
Did you ever play MUD's back in the day? I notice you have played online games since before EQ so it made me wonder.

Yes I did, I dont remember where I started playing but I still play Discworld MUD from time to time. Even before that I played IRC RPGs on talkcity and other places and even help create and GM one. Once EQ came along I stopped playing MUDs for a few years . After that was DAoC and realm PVP which I loved and still miss. I bounced around a bit playing different games like Lineage and Lineage II, WOW, Vanguard and so on. But I still keep going back to Discworld. Too bad I left for a few years and forgot my characters name, but oh well.

PS

He once brought a knife to a gunfight, just to even the odds.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Harplager said:
Brizel said:
Hoax said:
The coffee order? Apparently so. I found it by searching for "crazy starbucks orders".

EDIT:

Hoax said:
He once brought a knife to a gunfight, just to even the odds.

Stay thirsty my friends.
I'm liking the banter in here, and the Dos XX's man stuff is cracking me up. I'd like to have a beer with Bedlam, and therefore he gets my YES vote.

Re: Champion Online Application: Bedlam (1/0/0)

Speaking of beer, I recently joined the 300 club where I bowl in a league. I hope this place stays open long enough for me to drink 300 diferent beers, unlike the last place where I had to drink 175 beers and it closed down when I was at 145 or so. This is over a couple of years btw, not in one night :uey:

PS "If he slept with your girlfriend...you would brag to your buddies"

What is your favorite beer and why? :uey:

Nygoth said:
What is your favorite beer and why? :uey:
Thats a good question. I try different beers all the time ,but my favorites are the brown beers and ales. I recently tried one called Oklahoma Suks which is just the type of beer I like best, its dark and malty. On days that its hot and Im thirsty I like Rolling Rock. My everyday beer is Dos XX most of the time though I do rotate
beers sometimes and buy something else for a month or so. ATM I have Tecate , Honey Brown Ale,Sam Adams Boston Lager and Newcastle in my beer fridge along with Dos XX Amber. :uey:

Been working these past 3 nights with 1 more to go. Hope to be on CO more than a couple of hours in the morning after work.

Online this morning, funny, social...I am giving a yes vote here.

:thumbup:

Re: Champion Online Application: Bedlam (2/0/0)

Thanks you two for the votes. Hoping to see more of you in game for some grouping soon. AT work now and looks like its going to be a busy night. One good thing though is I got the 2 60 day cards I ordered, thats 5 dollars a month for gold status :2thumbsup:

Top Bottom