Black Desert App: Emily (4/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
Black Desert

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Mhiri (my ranger) on Edan

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
Not that I'm aware of.

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
God, so many things to choose from, I can be a bit derpy...

To name a few...

* Yesterday I was walking home from the library reading a book while walking (not smart, I know) and I walked headlong into a streetlight.

* I was at work one night mopping a floor, probably looking especially scruffy. One of my co-workers wolf-whistled at me (we all sexually harassed each other on occasion, in friendly-teasing ways) and I said "Yeah, I'm so sexy. I've been beating men off with this mop all night." I didn't really realize what I said until my co-worker basically fell to the floor laughing. I am pretty sure I turned almost the same color as my crimson shirt.

* One last one... I was being mercilessly harassed by telemarketers for a time, so I started answering my phone and saying nonsensical phrases in varying languages, randomly making very obnoxious noises, and forcing them to listen to my imaginary personal problems. They became very angry with me for wasting their time and stopped calling. Unorthodox, perhaps, but it works better than a do not call request.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
When I was about 18 I had an internship on a large organic farm in Tennessee. I was up before dawn every day. Most of the time I was knee deep in manure or compost, most days I worked from dawn until it was too dark to work, and my pay was room and board, and a stipend of about $150.00 a month. It remains to this day one of the best, most defining experiences of my life.

Until recently I had a job at a local Walgreen's. I enjoyed the people I worked with and was good at my job, but I hated the corporate controlled setting, and eventually got fired (I've never been fired before) for being TOO helpful to customers by making sure they saved as much money as they could during checkout. (Pointing out coupons they could use, telling a woman she could not use raid flea killing spray on her pets because it would kill them, etc.) So there you have it, I got fired for doing my job too well, and caring too much for my customers, because some corporate jerk somewhere decided it meant they were making just a little less money. Worst job experience ever...

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
I still play Oblivion sometimes. It was the first computer game I ever played that wasn't some sort of 2d word puzzle game. I got a late start.

Skyrim! Because its pretty damn awesome...

and Shaiya (the first, and WORST mmorpg) I ever played. In my defense I didn't know any better at the time. I sometimes still log in and have a look around, but it is more to scoff at the irreparable damages the people running it have caused, than to actually play the game.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
I had a roommate with an uncanny ability to create drama and conflict where there was none, then place the blame squarely on everybody else. I actually used to game with her, and in the end I made a character of the opposite faction as hers just so I could kill her...

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I rescue, rehabilitate, and release wild animals (generally birds) when the opportunity presents itself. Last year I had a cedar wax wing, a nighthawk, and a duck. (not all at the same time.)

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I am looking for a community more than a game-specific guild. Somewhere that drama isn't an issue and nobody is telling me I have to be 55+ with full gear and play 7 hours a day to join their ranks. I have a life, and I like to play games with other people who also understand what it is to have lives. I found this guild while browsing the forums on BDO during it's maintenance, and I love that you all seem to have integrity and a sense of humor.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
The site answered all game-related questions I might have had... so...

If you were an animal, what kind of animal would you be and why?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A leash, with a bad-ass looking dog at the end of it. One is never alone if they have a good dog... The ability to sense danger I can't, and a sharp set of teeth make him an adventurer's best friend.

Hi Emily, and welcome to the U's app process. One of our BDO-specific ufficers (like officers, but for the U!) will be around soonish to give you the run-down of our presence in BDO specifically. I'll never get to see you in that game, along with many other of us membership voter-types, so as much time as you can spend in this thread and in our public forums chatting with folks, the better.

I have to ask about your favorite cheese, since you're in Wisconsin. Bonus points if you enjoy ACS winners from Carr Valley and can name one.

Do you partner with a local shelter or Humane Society for your rescue work, or have you been finding 'em on your own?

Oh snap, a Wisconsinite!

What's your favorite New Glarus brew? :D

If you were an animal, what kind of animal would you be and why?
Definitely a dumb dog. Not a bad dog, just a kind of stupid but lovable dog. Also prone to pooping on the floor sometimes.

Last edited:

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
Nothing wrong with Wisconsin...my wife is from the Delevan area and my brother in law is back up there now, and my nephew is a sophomore at White Water.

Dog is always a good choice, much better than a cat, unless of course you are looking for an animal to eat your corpse after you are killed while it watches and licks its ass.

I would be a badger or wolverine, ferret with a chainsaw is a third possibility.

Possibly the greatest Mountain Dew commercial of all time...

Ohh cheese... hmm I like swiss, and aged white cheddar best.

I had to cheat and google the ACS results, interesting that goat cheese won, its kind of an acquired taste.
Funny, I like to eat cheese, on almost anything you can put it on. I used to milk cows, and I still know shamefully little about it. My daughter and I have some recipes and are going to try our hands at making our own at some point this summer. Might be awesome, might be a disaster. There probably won't be much middle ground. :D

We don't actually have an animal rescue where I live, so I just stumble upon things while I'm out. I'm a softie, so I can't just walk past something knowing it'll die if I don't help. I have ended up with a bit of a reputation so sometimes people bring them to me.

Oh snap, a Wisconsinite!

What's your favorite New Glarus brew? :D

Definitely a dumb dog. Not a bad dog, just a kind of stupid but lovable dog. Also prone to pooping on the floor sometimes.

Oh, spotted cow, hands down. I live right across the street from a really reasonably priced liquor store. (WIN!)

Dog is one of my favorites <3 Sometimes its best if they're a little dumb. I have a bull-mastiff/rottweiler mix who is a bit too smart for his own good. Sometimes I do wish he was just a tiny bit dumber, I have a hard time sneaking things past him. lol

Nothing wrong with Wisconsin...my wife is from the Delevan area and my brother in law is back up there now, and my nephew is a sophomore at White Water.

Dog is always a good choice, much better than a cat, unless of course you are looking for an animal to eat your corpse after you are killed while it watches and licks its ass.

I would be a badger or wolverine, ferret with a chainsaw is a third possibility.

Possibly the greatest Mountain Dew commercial of all time...

That is kind of the best commercial I've ever seen.
I do like cats, but I wouldn't want one in a cave with me. You're right, it'd eat my corpse after watching me die. Probably scoffing at me...
Its surprising how many ppl from WI I run into in online games. I was in an ESO pt one night (randoms) and we got to talking about where we were from. 5 out of 7 of us were from WI, was weird.

rhyzen

Sir Jerky, Esq. of House Jerkington
So it's perfectly reasonable to submit New Glarus mail-order requests through our new applicant right?!

Ha. Welcome to the app process, Emily. What do you like most about BDO? What keeps you coming back to it?

So it's perfectly reasonable to submit New Glarus mail-order requests through our new applicant right?!

Ha. Welcome to the app process, Emily. What do you like most about BDO? What keeps you coming back to it?

Never hurts to try, I'd probably get arrested for bootlegging though. D:

I'd say BDO got a lot right (not everything, because I could complain about things for ages if I wanted to, but I'm having fun so why?) The combat is really good, the fishing is cool, I love that you can catch, breed, and train horses. It doesn't hurt that its got very pretty graphics. It is complex and takes time to wrap my brain around (I like that) and the combat takes actual skill (I also like that). I'd say I've only just scratched the surface, and that is what brings me back. There is so much to grasp, let alone master, that it will probably be a good long time before I grow bored of it. :)

Never hurts to try, I'd probably get arrested for bootlegging though. D:

I'd say BDO got a lot right (not everything, because I could complain about things for ages if I wanted to, but I'm having fun so why?) The combat is really good, the fishing is cool, I love that you can catch, breed, and train horses. It doesn't hurt that its got very pretty graphics. It is complex and takes time to wrap my brain around (I like that) and the combat takes actual skill (I also like that). I'd say I've only just scratched the surface, and that is what brings me back. There is so much to grasp, let alone master, that it will probably be a good long time before I grow bored of it. :)
Well done, Emily. I think you summed up a lot of people's experience with BDO to date. RE Horsies: Just got some t5 horsies myself. Notthatbright has a few t6s he's trainingf for t7+ :)

I hear that selling Spotted Cow across state lines is good business up there :)

williamsond

DDO Usurper
your app's looking great so far, make sure you stay active in thread and bother the guys in game to leave some feed back on you. Good luck with the whole app process but remember if Chef B offers you any food or drink refuse unless you want to wake up in a strange smelling van with the a chemical taste in your mouth. :)

Peacecorpse

BDO Guild Leader
Hey there!! Welcome to the Uternet!

App is looking good so far

As for your Question, I would be a Squirrel. Because they are natures ninja assassins adorable friendly fluffys.

How do you like the Ranger so far? I started one but only got to the late teens. The mounted combat is cool, but they seem a bit weak at first.

Well done, Emily. I think you summed up a lot of people's experience with BDO to date. RE Horsies: Just got some t5 horsies myself. Notthatbright has a few t6s he's trainingf for t7+ :)

I hear that selling Spotted Cow across state lines is good business up there :)
It's probably good business if you don't get caught. I heard of some guy in n who did get caught and I think NG raked him over the coals and made an example of him. But hey those guys who ran booze during the prohibition made some good money.

Right now, I'm trying for a T7 with my T6f +T5m but they need a few more lvls before I'd bother breeding them. Patience isn't my strong point :( But breeding calculator has taught me that it's definitely worth waiting until 25-30 to breed them :(

Hey there!! Welcome to the Uternet!

App is looking good so far

As for your Question, I would be a Squirrel. Because they are natures ninja assassins adorable friendly fluffys.

How do you like the Ranger so far? I started one but only got to the late teens. The mounted combat is cool, but they seem a bit weak at first.

Squirrels are awesome. :eek:
I like ranger, once you get past 20 it gets so much better (you get evasive explosive shot) so you fly all over the place while doing great aoe damage. It does start out a bit slow but I'm glad I persevered.

your app's looking great so far, make sure you stay active in thread and bother the guys in game to leave some feed back on you. Good luck with the whole app process but remember if Chef B offers you any food or drink refuse unless you want to wake up in a strange smelling van with the a chemical taste in your mouth. :)
Thanks for the advice, I'll not go near the creepy van. D:
Who do I harass in game? I have to take my dog out and get my kids moving but then I'll be on shortly.

Squirrels are awesome. :eek:
I like ranger, once you get past 20 it gets so much better (you get evasive explosive shot) so you fly all over the place while doing great aoe damage. It does start out a bit slow but I'm glad I persevered.

Thanks for the advice, I'll not go near the creepy van. D:
Who do I harass in game? I have to take my dog out and get my kids moving but then I'll be on shortly.

Ahhhhh! I'm not sure who is on at this hour. Probably Direct is, though, and I'm pretty sure he can get you an invite to the guild. Did you ever get your mumble stuff sorted out? That would probably be the best way to get this organized.

OK

Soooo, what animal would you pick to answer your own question about which animal we would pick and why?

Ahhhhh! I'm not sure who is on at this hour. Probably Direct is, though, and I'm pretty sure he can get you an invite to the guild. Did you ever get your mumble stuff sorted out? That would probably be the best way to get this organized.

OK

Soooo, what animal would you pick to answer your own question about which animal we would pick and why?

Sadly, voice chat is one thing that will be very rare for me. I can get in and listen if I have to, but I'd have to type my responses. My husband works nights, and our pc is in the bedroom, so when I get up in the morning and have my turn on the computer, I have to be quiet about it. :(

If I had to choose an animal, I think it would be a falcon... I'd fail hard at being a domestic pet! Falcon's are sleek and bad-ass, and the fastest predator in the skies (I think...)

Sadly, voice chat is one thing that will be very rare for me. I can get in and listen if I have to, but I'd have to type my responses. My husband works nights, and our pc is in the bedroom, so when I get up in the morning and have my turn on the computer, I have to be quiet about it. :(

If I had to choose an animal, I think it would be a falcon... I'd fail hard at being a domestic pet! Falcon's are sleek and bad-ass, and the fastest predator in the skies (I think...)
Good news! Mumble usage is in no way required. I only suggested it as a way to more easily coordinate getting you an invite. After that, you'd have guild chat, of course. :) What's your character name? We're generally on Balenos E2, so when I'm home for lunch, I can send you a whisper and try to get you in.

[SPOIL]
[/SPOIL]

Good news! Mumble usage is in no way required. I only suggested it as a way to more easily coordinate getting you an invite. After that, you'd have guild chat, of course. :) What's your character name? We're generally on Balenos E2, so when I'm home for lunch, I can send you a whisper and try to get you in.
My char name is Mhiri, I'll switch to Bal2, I was trying to find a channel to grind on that wasn't full of bladers lol

Ohh cheese... hmm I like swiss, and aged white cheddar best.

I had to cheat and google the ACS results, interesting that goat cheese won, its kind of an acquired taste.
Funny, I like to eat cheese, on almost anything you can put it on. I used to milk cows, and I still know shamefully little about it. My daughter and I have some recipes and are going to try our hands at making our own at some point this summer. Might be awesome, might be a disaster. There probably won't be much middle ground.
You could start with cottage cheese or basic paneer - both are super easy and have almost no ingredients. It's the original cheese-making. You could do it tonight with what you likely already have in the kitchen, using a clean cotton dishtowel if you don't have cheesecloth.

I was also prodding you towards Carr Valley, which is my favorite factory cheesemaker. If you get to their highway store (Mausten sp?), buy the 10-year cheddar. It's not white cheddar, but it's well-aged, crumbly, and quite sharp.

Top Bottom