Ark Smite App: Sarilew (4/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
Ark Smite

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Sarilew

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
WelfareGamer, Dean, Bananabread

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
In college I partook in a three story long beer bong. We used a garden hose and believe it or not, it was quite successful!

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
The coolest job I ever had be working for the CEO of Klipsh as a care taker for their horses and a house sitter. They had this nice little barn set up making my job easier and their house was on a different property so I was left alone the majority of time. Coincidentally, that was also the worst job I ever had because the CEO's wife is a bipolar nut ball and made my life a living hell if something was done exactly her way.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
The Sims 3, Harvest Moon and Skyrim. They are games I can always muck around on and oddly enough continue setting goals and challenges for myself.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
One of my college roommates had to be the most annoying person I have ever met in my entire life. She was one of those people that always tried to fit in and ultra peppy all of the time. She walked around our house naked and never cleaned up after herself. In addition, she was a sloppy drunk of which was the only time she was not a pathological liar.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I own a horse named Duke and have had him for 8 years now. Also, I got a scholarship in college for horse judging, of which I ranked top ten at a national level.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I'm going to be honest with you, my boyfriend told me to.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
How are you doing today?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A SWORD BECAUSE ALL THE EVIL BITCHES MUST DIE! - Legend of Zelda, 1986

Hello, and welcome to the App process. This is kind of like a first date for us, as we get to know you and you get to know us.

So how do you know the 3 members you mentioned? Embarrassing stories about them earn extra points on the scales determined by my Giga's reaction to the stories.

Are you fairly new to ARK? Or have you been playing for a long time?

What is your favorite god or gods on Smite? I just installed SMITE on PC yesterday, but have been playing on Xbox One for several months. My favorite gods are Ra and AMC.

Do you have pictures of your horse? I love horses, but have never owned them. I was fortunate to have good friends with horses when I was in high school, but haven't gotten to ride much since graduating.

A SWORD BECAUSE ALL THE EVIL BITCHES MUST DIE! - Legend of Zelda, 1986
So what happens when you take an arrow to the knee?

What do you tell someone if horses freak them out? Horses (in the absence of a really sturdy fence between me and them) really freak me out. I, for whatever reason, do not like animals that are larger than me - I've never had a bad experience, but can just picture them horse-kicking me in the temple and then curb stomping my body like a ragdoll and biting my face with their powerful jaws. And now I'm afraid they can read my mind and there will be a horse hiding in the back seat of my car and he will jump me when I try to go to work. Or a horse will rig my car with a bomb set to detonate when I turn the key. Please stop it, horses.

What makes a high quality horse?

In college I partook in a three story long beer bong. We used a garden hose and believe it or not, it was quite successful!
And you survived!

What do you tell someone if horses freak them out? Horses (in the absence of a really sturdy fence between me and them) really freak me out. I, for whatever reason, do not like animals that are larger than me - I've never had a bad experience, but can just picture them horse-kicking me in the temple and then curb stomping my body like a ragdoll and biting my face with their powerful jaws. And now I'm afraid they can read my mind and there will be a horse hiding in the back seat of my car and he will jump me when I try to go to work. Or a horse will rig my car with a bomb set to detonate when I turn the key. Please stop it, horses.

well since you listed such unreputable references what are your thoughts on bad influences and which of those three is the worst. Also I want stories.

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader

What makes a high quality horse?
You think that's bad? Try mules... Horses flail when the kick, a mule will sit there and aim first...

I must know more...

williamsond

DDO Usurper
Hi there,

Nice start to the app process, but I'm sure working with animals (or just knowing Ueys in real life) you must have a more embarasing story than beer bonging...

Anyway look forward to future posts :) but remember you do need a avatar it helps us to identify you from teh masses.

Dave

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
Mornin' Lew. Hopefully you'll be back to check on your app and post some stuffs and things. While we await your reappearance...I noticed that Harvest Moon is one of your three games that have withstood the test of time. Have you tried the new Harvest Moonish game Stardew Valley yet? It's supposedly similar to HM (I never played it), but a little more in-depth. I'd suggest you give it a whirl. Might enjoy it.

Hey guys, this is my fiance. Life happened and she, well, thought it a good idea to leave me home alone this weekend. Sooooooo point being, she will reply the second she is home. I'll make her! :p

Also she doesn't play smite yet. I'm making her. I need my recruit a friend bonuses! HAHAHA

Pfloyd... I built her a nice computer and that game is all she chooses to play on it. I'm sure she has a lot to say about it.

Edit: She just informed me she will head home tonight.

Last edited:
@DMIL421 Well Welfaregamer is embarrassing everyday ;) (Totally joking). I am new to both ARK and Smite so I still have a lot to learn about both of the games. For example I have only been able to play through half of Smite's tutorial thus far so it would be unfair for me to pick a god just yet. But when I do get more game play, which will be this week, I will let you know!

This here is Dukie Duke! I do not ride much anymore myself but my little brat is always spoiled with lovins and treats! I miss riding all of the time, I really need to start making it a habit to get out to the barn more and do so!

My reaction to taking an arrow to the knee: Insert Peter Griffin holding his knee heaving and ahhing for five minutes!

@ChefBourdain If you ever go to a barn make sure you are with someone that has some common sense when it comes to horses because there are stupid horse owners in this world. Honestly that fear is totally legitimate. I have been barrel kicked by a horse that almost completely shut down my liver and left me in and out of the hospital for 3 months of my life six years back. My horse is cool though, you wouldn't have to worry about him biting you (unless if you have treats then he will lick you until you give him the goods) and he has never kicked out at me. Now, there is a lot to making a high quality horse. Blood lines and how they show in the ring are just two ways to judge a good quality horse. My horse is an exception. I do not have papers on him and in the horse world you wouldn't call him having the best movement or confirmation but he is a lovable, little guy with a one of a kind personality which makes him high quality and irreplaceable to me.

@namrekca I survived, my dignity did not haha!

@williamsond I shall get right on that avatar. I picked a bad week to join the forum seeing as I have been out of town most of the week and haven't been able to check up on things but I am having a blast communicating with you lot! Well, with horseback riding one cannot be too cocky of a rider because the horse feels that cockiness in your soul and will throw you off. Into a shavings pile. Sweaty face and mouth open first.

@shard Well welfaregamer for sure is the ring leader of bad influences. Since we both live in the same dwelling I cannot tell you how many times I have heard yelling and school girl giggling back and forth with the one and only Dean to troll on someone. Especially on ARK. So you have been advised!

@Krishach UGH! DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON THE DREADED MULES! We had one that would literally run us around the pasture for hours to try and catch it. They are such little snots! And Yeah... By the end of the night I had made friends with two freshman, smoked my first joint and proceeded to lay in the back of this guys jeep petting his cow skin rug while we got lost in the country trying to find a party. Do not under estimate the small agriculture colleges when it comes to partying!

@Pfloyd YES! Admitingly that is what I have focused a lot of my game play on over the last week now, except for when I went to Kentucky for the weekend. If you like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing, I would suggest it. I am kind of in that boring year two stage right now but am still thoroughly enjoying it.

Hopefully this catches me up on everyone's questions. I will start checking this forum almost daily and plan to start playing Smite this week after work!

Last edited:
Honestly that fear is totally legitimate. I have been barrel kicked by a horse
I knew it!!!! The horses are out to get me, and gore me with their tusks, stick me with their unicorn horns, and bash me with barbed tails!
Those sugar cube eating 4-legged devils will sizzle on my barbecue if I have my way. Except for your nice horse. I will spare him even though he appears to be a race traitor non-devil.

What do you and Welfare like to do for funsies, outside of gaming?

Yeshhh All the colors!!!! :rainbowpuke48:

Hahah like humans, you can't change the mean spirited assholes of the herd! And wellz, we go see movies sometimes. I also like to tag along with him to car show stuff. Other than that, work kind of takes up our lives at the moment.

doyler

NWO Guild Leader
i have to agree with chef on this one. horses intimidate me to no end and i have been bite twice both were prolly my fault. But iam still not comfortable around them. So have you been playing allot of ark?

So I kind of feel like we are getting to the point in the thread where you have to disclose at least one juicy and embarrassing story about welfare and or dean, if it makes either of them cry it will get you bonus points and who doesn't love bonus points.

@Doyler this one time my horse thought my finger was a carrot and bit it. Imagine that mofo's surprise when he realized he just bit into flesh instead of a tasty carrot!
Welfare invited me to play ARK once. In the four hours of game play I have on that game I managed to lure a triceratops over to his house to try and hide and the thing freaking destroyed the house. Needless to say that has been the last time we had played a game together. I would love to start playing it again now that I have this new fancy computer though! As of right now, however, I am stuck in the realms of Stardew Valley, not going to lie!

@Shard Well, as some of you know welfare just turned 21. So he buys "the most expensive beer he has ever bought" called Dragon's Milk and he hated it. As some of you may or may not know, Dragon's Milk is a stout beer and should not be something you buy because the name sounds cool as hell. He has now been deemed as my little beer noobis. I can confirm, I have nothing on Dean just yet. I will have more stories down the line I promise. I stink at answering questions on the spot, especially after working all day.

What's up with Welfare? Is he the one, or just the guy you settled for because your one true love went to Uganda to save the lives of malnourished children? :D

Nah he is the one all right. He has put up with my stupid shit since before we were dating, so needless to say he is a keeper :D

It must be true love! I wish my wife was a little more excited about putting up with my stupid shit! :D

@Doyler this one time my horse thought my finger was a carrot and bit it. Imagine that mofo's surprise when he realized he just bit into flesh instead of a tasty carrot!
Welfare invited me to play ARK once. In the four hours of game play I have on that game I managed to lure a triceratops over to his house to try and hide and the thing freaking destroyed the house. Needless to say that has been the last time we had played a game together. I would love to start playing it again now that I have this new fancy computer though! As of right now, however, I am stuck in the realms of Stardew Valley, not going to lie!
LOL I did something similar- got a fancy new computer and then played a game that requires little in the way of graphics.

I'm so enamoured with Stardew. The quests amuse me (the underpants one ha!), and I have a whole story going on in my head. I'm obsessed with fixing the community center mostly. What's got you hooked about it?

Top Bottom