ARK App: Octo10 (4/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

Which game(s) are you applying in?
ARK

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
OctoTen

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name?
No

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
I did a lot of stupid\funny\embarrassing things, so it is quite difficult to single out one of them.
But not so long ago i traveled to Moldova to meet up with a girl. We spoke a few months on the Internet and had some kind of good connection with each other, so i said "Why not" and bought the train tickets. If you omit the details, it was the happiest(and in some cases even most embarrassing) few days in my life at the moment.
I remember quite a funny moment on the first night, little bit after we drank some tea and had a chat. I went for a smoke, and the girl at the time was preparing the bed. When I returned she was lying in bed, looking through news feed on her phone. And for a few minutes i stood in doorframe like "What the hell do i do now..." (Yes, i was slow on making first steps and getting laid, but jeez, that was my fist time.) And i stood there few seconds more, she looked at me and then this happened:
me-So... i supose sleeping time?
she-Yeah
m-So, like...without clothes?..
s-Erm... Yes
m- Well ok then... \doomed sigh\

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
For a while I worked in an art studio with 2 other guys. We drew prints on merch, album art (mainly punk groups), posters and etc. It was cool to work there, but I had to quit after a while.

The worst? Oh, where to begin ...
Perhaps the worst is the one where I work now. The watchman at the kindergarten. It sounds cool, but in fact it is terribly boring. I don't get enough sleep and constantly feel tired and nervous, because I work the night shifts. And i don't have a laptop to eliminate the boredom.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Well, i think it is Fable the lost chapters - because I have a little tradition - completing that game on the new year's eve.
Mario - because... well... it's MARIO
And maybe Fallout NV. Simply because there is Sierra Madre. It is the MOST awesome place and quest in Fallout universe.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
It may sound silly, but it's me. I never been annoyed by someone else, but i have been annoyed by myself.
And why? Well, i am a little bit clumsy and awkward in socializing with people, and often say dumb and embarrassing things. And often do regrettable things.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I draw stuff. But for most part it is just for some kind of stress relief and throwing out excess feelings.
And i saw a lot of stuff. NSFW content from ugly part of internet, theories about aliens,sleep paralysis, theories about afterlife, about colors, about brain and mental parts of it - you name it, i probably heard of it. And if i dont - i will in few minutes.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
Because it is comfy in here. At least i think it is.
I thought the days of warm and friendly guilds\clans\communities have passed, but i found this place. So was i wrong?

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Erm, as you can see above - i am not good with english grammar and writing. It is simply because it's foreign to me.
So - will it be a problem? I can understand when people speak and write(thanks to youtube and original eng films), but I find it hard to speak or write in English.

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
It would be cool if he handed me like some op battleaxe or battlehammer, but i suppose a stick will be fine too...
I prefer barbarian-like or dwarf-like weapons, but stick is universal. You can swing it, poke with it, even break it in 2 small sticks to dual wield. Sticks are cool, realy.

Welcome!! Let me start by saying your grammar/writing is more than fine! Much better than quite a few people I know for whom english is their primary and only language. :D We have many people from all over the world that are part of our community speaking a lot of different languages - some with heavily accented english, some not! You're in good company so not to worry.

One of the many things I love about this community is its diversity. Its diversity is diverse. We have many different countries represented, ethnicity, sexual orientations (then there's ChefB, but that's a different story), and personalities. It is an amazing place where we can all agree on one thing - we love gaming in all its glorious flavors. Unrepentant is an incredible family. But enough with the fangirl propaganda! Let's talk about you!

You draw stuff! I love drawn stuff art! I would LOVE to see some photos of your art.

Did anyone give you our ARK server info yet? If not, post your steam ID here or PM me if you're feeling shy. In anticipation of your start on our server, here are the server rules! The server's name is ARKTIPUS. The server is a lot of fun. We have events and community builds - in fact, Friday night we are having a server event at 8pm EST if you would like to come join us!

Above all else: have fun and be excellent to each other.
We're all here to enjoy ourselves and accidents do happen. There is absolutely no harm in owning up and trying to fix it if an accident does happen. If you can't fix it right away then let the person know and work with them to fix it.

Of course, follow these always: http://www.unrepentantgaming.com/for...unrepentantfaq

1. If it isn't yours, don't mess with it. Get permission before you borrow, use, level, move, paint, open inventory etc. Communal mounts are the exception to this (they will have communal in their name).

One base, dino pen, taming pen and aquatic pen per person. Your base should be clearly marked with a sign saying it is yours. Any structures with no sign are liable to be bulldozed.
2a. Temporary taming pens and/or beds are fine while in use, take them down after use.

3. No permanent personal mining camps on mountains or areas with a high concentration of metal/obsidian/pearls. Feel free to set one up if you're going to be doing a lot of gathering that day, but take it down when you're done.3a. The same goes for beds outside cave entrances. Take them down when you're done spelunking.

4. Stealing and griefing are not welcome. We're all adults here. Act like it.

5. If your non-U friend is playing with us then you are ultimately responsible for him or her. It is your responsibility to ensure your friend knows the rules and abides by them.

6. Do not build your base within sight of another base without permission from that base owner.
6a. Be considerate when claiming the area around your base. Don't needlessly claim a large area.
6b. If you wall off a natural passage or waterway in the terrain, provide an easily accessible way through with Behemoth Gates. Don't make it an inconvenience to get through or around your base.
6c. If you are thinking of building somewhere, put up a sign. If there is no sign, it is not claimed. Blueprints for signs are available for all to use at South Base.​

7. There may be PvP allowed for certain events. You will be expected to follow the PVE rule set at all times other than the described events. This also means no base raiding/destroying/animal killing/etc while the event is going on.

8. Use common sense. Just because it isn't written here doesn't give you a free pass. If you do something to try to circumvent the rules or something that keeps others from having fun, then it's against the rules.

Notes on rule 6a: Feel free to "go big", but please utilize that space. Don't wall off excessively large areas of the map or stake claims for future expansion. If you need the land, use it. But be considerate that there's only so much land on the island, and the more you claim, the less there is for other players (and especially newbies).

It is not so good, but it's something.
I prefere little bit of cellshading, but it is not only thing i can. I have spent a lot of time on trying to find my style, but unsuccessfully.
At least i know that i like drawing punky people, strong(busty?) female characters and some crazy stuff when i'm "feeling it". and sometime little bit of pron
Spoiler:

Is it steam id? - STEAM_0:0:5216090
Or is it like that? - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198064587528/

I have read all of the info,rules, other forum stuff, and... Oh jeez, long time i've been searching servers like that.
Hope people will like me. i will really try not to annoy anybody

Thank you~
But that kind of style is just for fun. In the cg people prefer softshading and i don't really understand why.

Hey! Wanted to let you know about the event coming up!! Hope to see you there!
------------------------------------------------------

YARRR MATEYS!!

THIS WILL BE THREE EVENTS YOU LAND LOVERS!! Pick your own mates!! You can have a max of 3 scallywags in a team.

1) GET CREATIVE! GO NUTS!! MAKE THE BEST PIRATE SHIP EVAR!!.. people will vote on your pirate ships whoever has the coolest one wins!

2) There be some scallywags with a pretty bounty hidden in a fort on an island. You'll have to join forces to penetrate the fort's defenses and get the gold. The fort is going to be well defended so you'll have to come up with a strategy and equip yourselves and your ship accordingly for the assault!

3) MUTINY!! Everyone wants the gold for themselves! To arms! Last boat standing gets the bounty!!

Building Parameters

YOU WILL BE PROVIDED
1 smithy full of cannon balls

**Materials will be at the blue obelisk in vaults.

Thanks to Sentences for a great event idea and for putting in all the work for experimentation on it.

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
Dude, you've got some skills with the drawing! When I finally release an album of horribly made music, I'm comin' straight to you!

As far as the "warm and friendly" community, well, we're kind of a dysfunctional family of all walks of life who enjoy gaming, drinking a bit, and making fun of Pfloyd. As a community, we're not big on being uberleetwtfpwnzor types; that's actually frowned upon mightily. Our aim is to have fun; if that involves killing vast amounts of mobs, taming huge dinosaurs, or dying a lot in Overwatch, then that's what we'll be doing. Having fun.

I noticed that you don't feel comfortable with your written/spoken English "skills". I'll just say that if your spoken English is nearly as good as your written, then you probably speak English better than half of the current population. Feel free to pop in on Mumble and chat folks up if you want; if you don't, then no worries. Just be a nifty dude, and be excellent to other Ueys. Good luck in the application process!

Hey! Wanted to let you know about the event coming up!! Hope to see you there!
Yardihardy har, 'tis sound fun, shiver me timbers! Bilge rats shall walk the plank, ARRR.

Dude, you've got some skills with the drawing! When I finally release an album of horribly made music, I'm comin' straight to you!
Well sure, sounds cool. Here's some pieces that i made, while working with some of the local groups. As i call that style -the dirty one.
And the second one... Well, i am not responsible for idea - i drew it, but yeah...
Spoiler:

And yeah, i am all about that fun in games and playing for the great god of "hold my beer and watch".
And about writing - i'm guilty of using some gtranslate for little grammar correction and translating some words, that i dont use regularly. So i suppose my speech is heavily accented(?), and i like using some funny sounding to me words like "Boi","Oi","Ars" and other stuff that i heard in speech of other people(mostly in standup comedy of Jim Jefferies, Dylan Moran and some other great guys that i cant remember right now), so yeah... I suppose it is like German\Russian accent with little bit of British, Australian and god knows what else.

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
Looks good, man! Now that we've had some back and forth action, I wanna know what games you like to play other than ARK. Multiplayer-type games. Rocket League? Overwatch? Warframe?

Love your art! I really like all of the different styles and you are so talented in each of them. Do you mostly work with digital media?

I have a fun question for you: Wow! You made it to the front page of a national newspaper! What does the headline read? What is the story about?!

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
Wow! You made it to the front page of a national newspaper! What does the headline read? What is the story about?!

Clearly, this question is directed at me. The headline would read:

"Florida Man's Death Farts Eliminate ISIS"

ironzerg

Probably Recruited You
Jeebus, Pfloyd...you literally are "Florida man..."

I wanna know what games you like to play other than ARK. Multiplayer-type games.
Well i supose i am that type of guy who plays evertything. Like, e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.
On the moment i have about 10 to 20 games on pc and half of it multiplayer-type. If i see something on the internet, especially if it's f2p, i probably will play it some day. Even if it is crapy game.
But to be more specific:
I played WOW back in the days ( mostly of pirate servers yardyhar, i am a pirat) Neverwinter is still somewhere there on the hard drive. Just finished downloading Blade and Souls. And so on... I think i have tryed something about 10 mmorpg types, or more.
Warframe, yes. That was so fun when i just started playing it. And i remember that glorious moment of joy, when i finally created Rhino suit. But after about few month i just forgot about that game, because it became so freacking grindy and hard to play by yourself.
Chivalry. Og jeez, that game... Simulator of medieval derpines and fisting... But again, few weeks and i deleted it, because alone it is not so fun.
Terraria and minecraft. It is like that type of games where i play just to relax my brain and forget about everything. Just pure meditation and peace.
Don't Starve, Paladins, Dark souls (1 and SotFS), Starbound, Tree of Life(wow, i have a suggestion...), GMod, Cs, Lol, Dota, Loadput...I really can go on for hours and hundreds of names.

But to sum it up- I prefere mmorpg types of games because i feel good when i play them. Like, i just cant describe that. It is like every time you lvl up you feel some sort of achievement and succes. I dunno, it sound dumb, but...
And, of course, fps and moba is fun.

Do you mostly work with digital media?
Yep. Sometimes i doodle stuff on paper(mostly when i on the go), but it is like sketches and some random dickbutts. I just feel some kind of limitation with traditional art. But is is just me.

Wow! You made it to the front page of a national newspaper! What does the headline read? What is the story about?!
This is realy hard question for me. There is just too many options...
But i suppose i can say that it will be something like "Potato-man traveled to another dimension to get laid"

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
Ah, Chivalry. Haven't played that in a while. Havokist and I used to get some games running; might have to do that this weekend, especially if you're around. Kick the Octo tires a little bit.

Would be great~
I think it will be more fun to play it drunk. Especially considering that i would probably try to get into character.

Last edited:

Gwynn

Community Officer
Community Officer
So where did you hear about us?

Just happened to stumble upon someone's post on reddit about good ARK server. So yeah, pure random coincidence.
And i didn't even knew where i will end up.

Yep. Sometimes i doodle stuff on paper(mostly when i on the go), but it is like sketches and some random dickbutts. I just feel some kind of limitation with traditional art. But is is just me.
I find that really interesting because I'm a hands-on artist and I prefer to use more traditional media that I can get dirty with. Although my brief and insanely fun experience with DrawSomething was enlightening and I appreciated the digital medium much more!

This is realy hard question for me. There is just too many options...
But i suppose i can say that it will be something like "Potato-man traveled to another dimension to get laid"
I'd read that. LOL! So funny.

Have you joined our ARK server yet?

Erm, no. I thought I need to be accepted in your family first and just after that i could come and play.

Erm, no. I thought I need to be accepted in your family first and just after that i could come and play.
Nope! You should come play with us so we can get to know you. While a large part of the application process is your interaction on your app, the rest of is it your interaction with people in games or on Mumble. It's encouraged that you jump into some sort of game with member or other similar interaction. Come play with us :D

Top Bottom