Application for Starbird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forum name of Applicant: Starbird@aliendefender

Which game are you applying for membership in? Champions Online
Are you a member of any other guild in that game? No
Are you over 18? (you must be 18+ to apply) Yes

Male or Female? Male

What is the name/class/current level of the character(s) you intend to join with? 40 might based

How did you find us? Champions Online Forums

Do you have friends or family in the guild? If so what is their forum name? No

Tell us one thing we could do to improve our Guild Charter or Code of Conduct: Give out free beer coupons

Do you have an issue using Ventrilo? No (Being able to at least listen is helpful for active participation in PvP/raids)

Fully answer the following 5 questions:
1. What is the dumbest thing you have ever done? Marrying my first wife
2. What is generally more important: the needs of an individual, or the "common good" of society?
3. What is your Zombie Plan? Kill Them All
4. Tell us the story of why you will no longer drink <name of drink>.
5. Tell us about a conflict you had with one of your coworkers/guild members. How did you resolve it?

What has been your favorite class out of all the MMO's you've played? Mage in World of Warcraft. It was a very rewarding Ranged class with distinct advantages and disadvantages.

Quick survey! We will totally judge you by the answers you make below:
• Favorite Team: Seminoles FSU
• Favorite Movie: not sure too many, probably Schindler's List
• Favorite Book: Fabric of Reality
• Favorite Drink: Spaten
• Favorite Non MMO Game: Call of Duty series and Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Cim

May want to go back and try again... although, it may not even be worth it.

Woot

Banned
[hsimg:19hya3t0]http://www.citrus.k12.fl.us/staffdev/Social%20Studies/Images/History%20Sounds/Hindenburg%20explodes.jpg[/hsimg:19hya3t0]

Poor formatting and can't even be bothered to fill out the whole app? Not very impressive at all...

starbird said:
Whats the deal?
Take a look at the accepted apps, and compare and contrast to yours. If you fix it, then we'll probably consider you, but it's a very weak app as it stands.

Stonar said:

Poor formatting and can't even be bothered to fill out the whole app? Not very impressive at all...

Hey it was your guild leader who touted this being a "casual" guild. The fact that I had to even fill out a damn application only to be scoffed at is remarkable in itself.

If I may quote your recruitment. "Right now, some of you are saying "I have to fill out an application? Screw this - I'm looking for a guild, not a job"

Kiserai

Community Leader
starbird said:
Hey it was your guild leader who touted this being a "casual" guild. The fact that I had to even fill out a damn application only to be scoffed at is remarkable in itself.

If I may quote your recruitment. "Right now, some of you are saying "I have to fill out an application? Screw this - I'm looking for a guild, not a job"
I hear ya, my brothers and sisters, I hear ya. I hate 'em too. But I only get 250 spots in the WildCards for members, and until they fix that I'm going to need to be more selective in who I recruit. The WildCards are a great bunch of folks, and so far the app process hasn't steered us wrong.

Edit: if I might add, not paying attention to the instructions on how to format it and not bothering to answer several of the questions indicates that the process is probably giving valuable information right now. :?

The questions I didn't answer I felt were irrelevant to an application of a video game. As for the formatting, I don't know HTML and I really don't care to learn.

Kiserai said:
starbird said:

I hear ya, my brothers and sisters, I hear ya. I hate 'em too. But I only get 250 spots in the WildCards for members, and until they fix that I'm going to need to be more selective in who I recruit. The WildCards are a great bunch of folks, and so far the app process hasn't steered us wrong.

Edit: if I might add, not paying attention to the instructions on how to format it and not bothering to answer several of the questions indicates that the process is probably giving valuable information right now. :?
So its giving you valuable information that I don't want to be bothered with filling out an application to join a guild in a video game? I'm sorry but you are not going to find out about me as a person because I simply refuse to waste any more time being belittled on an application for a recreational activity.

starbird said:
So its giving you valuable information that I don't want to be bothered with filling out an application to join a guild in a video game? I'm sorry but you are not going to find out about me as a person because I simply refuse to waste any more time being belittled on an application for a recreational activity.[/quote]

*shrug* Fair enough. Sorry to have offended you, but I think it's fair to say that this supergroup isn't for you. Enjoy the game!

Dao Jones

I am the Waffleman. Goo goo gajoob.
starbird said:
So its giving you valuable information that I don't want to be bothered with filling out an application to join a guild in a video game? I'm sorry but you are not going to find out about me as a person because I simply refuse to waste any more time being belittled on an application for a recreational activity.
Yep. It tells us that you're lazy, and quit easy. Bye. :D

You don't know me. I work my ass off 60 hours a week, you are exactly the type of self aggrandizing "supergroup" you claim to hate. Good luck to you all :2thumbsup:

Woot

Banned
Nonetheless, I would still like to cast my vote.

You don't know me.
Therein lies the problem. *That's* why we have an application.

You couldn't even be bothered to fill out a simple application, why should we bother with you? Working 60 hours a week isn't a license to be dick.

Dao Jones

starbird said:
You don't know me. I work my ass off 60 hours a week, you are exactly the type of self aggrandizing "supergroup" you claim to hate. Good luck to you all :2thumbsup:
Okay. Bye.

You keep saying you're leaving, and you keep not leaving.

I wasn't the one being a dick it was YOUR members making smart ass comments and posting smart ass pics in an attempt at belittling humor about my lack of information or formatting. The formatting on your application was so bad it was difficult even reading the thing much less attempting to fill it out. Like I said I don't know html and had a hard enough time figuring out the breaks. If you wanna feign indignity by saying I was abuser in the topic go right ahead but It's ridiculous at best.

Kinda funny that he spent more time responding then filling out the application. Just think what a great application it could have been if he had put the effort there instead. :roll:

Dao Jones said:
starbird said:
Okay. Bye.

You keep saying you're leaving, and you keep not leaving.
I was considering it but hell you accused me of being the quitting type. So I thought I would at least stay around long enough to change your mind.

Dao Jones

starbird said:
I was considering it but hell you accused me of being the quitting type. So I thought I would at least stay around long enough to change your mind.
But you don't want to be in our guild, because we're all jerks. I guess I don't see the appeal for you. Clearly, we're all arrogant, self-serving douchebags that make our potential applicants jump through absurd and unnecessary hurdles for our amusement just for the privilege of playing with us.

Such an abusive, pretentious group such as we are could clearly hold no interest for you. I would have imagined that you breathed a sigh of relief as you navigated away from our website, grateful for uncovering our debased, ugly inner nougat-y core before you made the horrible mistake of joining us. That you come back here to immerse yourself in our dreck makes me wonder if you are perhaps some sort of masochist.

Dao Jones said:
starbird said:
But you don't want to be in our guild, because we're all jerks. I guess I don't see the appeal for you. Clearly, we're all arrogant, self-serving douchebags that make our potential applicants jump through absurd and unnecessary hurdles for our amusement just for the privilege of playing with us.

Such an abusive, pretentious group such as we are could clearly hold no interest for you. I would have imagined that you breathed a sigh of relief as you navigated away from our website, grateful for uncovering our debased, ugly inner nougat-y core before you made the horrible mistake of joining us. That you come back here to immerse yourself in our dreck makes me wonder if you are perhaps some sort of masochist.
I make no qualms about hiding my masochism. If you would have asked I would have said I revel a good confrontation of words. In truth your application was boring, trite and un-original. After looking through the various rejected apps it became clear that apparently some, were rejected on the merit of being "dull" and not exactly what you were looking for without even giving any clear indications of what the hell you were really looking for.

In retrospect I do agree with your assumption that I can be a pompous, arrogant masochist but I get the feeling I'd fit right in. Funny how things work like that.

edit*

I like douche bags
besides I look forward to your replies, it's almost like we are pen-pals :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom