App: Ziggy Smalls - Final Fantasy 14 (4/0)

User name: Ziggy Smalls

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Final Fantasy 14

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Ziggy Smalls

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
Yes

What is their forum name(s)?
Evernova and Shard

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
First of all I think you are making a short joke above. We are not short we are fun sized!! Most of my dumbest, or funniest stories come from alcohol. Though I have grown up over the years and drink more responsibly. I would have to say my dumbest story is the time a few buddies of mine got together and would tie office chairs to the back of a pickup and ride them down the road. (very dangerous by the way) Funniest stories would probably come from hanging out with the lovely friends of the internet and doing the most outrageous things you could think about in video games.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Military would probably be the coolest job I have had. Working at a moving company would be my least favorite I never really hated any of the jobs I have had. Well Military you get to travel see and meet some pretty cool people. The moving company is very labor intensive job and its either really hot or really cold, sometimes really wet..

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Kotor I & II, Guild Wars, and Ark: Survival Evolved.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
I don't find people very annoying, if I do I usually stay away from those kind of people. It would usually be someone who is loud and obnoxious due to alcohol. I did have a friend I muted in a discord server for 3 years due to coming in and being annoying and drunk. I regrettably felt bad because I thought he just disappeared but discord would never give me notification he joined the channel so I never did unmute him. Until my other friends in the discord asked me if I had him muted still. Good times!!

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I do like to sky dive! Jumping out of planes is just really exelirating. Would recommend to at least try it once.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
From the years that I have played video games I ran into a lot of fun and interesting people that have been apart of Unrepentant. I was always the nomad of video games but everything always lead to coming back and hanging out with the community.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
BAHAHAHA... I love this! I love that song!! Such a throw back!

Hi! I had no idea discord stopped notifications when you muted people so that's good to know. What's your name and what server are you on FFXIV? We're all on Siren which I assume you know since you know Nova.

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
Hey Ziggy, I'm glad you applied and got to know you in Mumble some the other day, but you must have some questions for us. C'mon, ask away, we don't bite. (Ave might bite, but dragoons are hard to train.)

Hello! Yes the little short Potato named Ziggy Smalls is me!! I ran some maps with a few of you today which was great! Thank you for letting me participate with that. I am currently in Cactuar and I have known Nova since the good ole Ark days.

I've been playing for 6 or 7 years. I thought I would come on to participate since I seem to have missed an application or three. I need to pay attention more. Final Fantasy has somehow become extreamly popular recently.

Hi Ziggy, I've been on FF14 since Beta of 1.0....which was terrible, so I mostly skipped 1.0 but started at release of ARR and been playing ever since. Thanks for joining us with Maps always a good time. If you end up needing anything crafted let me know. How long have you been on 14?

Hi Ziggy, nice to meet you!

You worked for a moving company? Yeah I can't imagine that would have been a fun job. I hate moving my own stuff, I'd hate moving other people's stuff even more!

What is your fav class and content to run in FFXIV?

I've been playing FFXIV for about 6 years or so.

@CptSquash @Jarle So you have been around FF14 for quite awhile then. I started playing at the end of Heavensward. Funny story I was going to start playing in 1.0 but the game registered my IP at the time as a threat or something and banned my account.(Okay maybe not that funny.) I guess I lucked out a bit there because I may not of came back even with A realm reborn release.

@Kalaan The moving company was a lot of traveling and intense physical labor.. Which was great for keeping one in shape but the body really is not meant to do those type of jobs long term. I am 30 now but I can feel some of the lasting effects the moving company did to me over the 8 years I worked there. It provided what it needed at the time. Unfortunately when Covid hit it made me realize that there are better things I can be doing with my life... Funny, it only took a pandemic for me to realize this.

Have run some roulettes with Ziggy and talked a bit on discord - super chill and nice to play with!

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
I would have to say my dumbest story is the time a few buddies of mine got together and would tie office chairs to the back of a pickup and ride them down the road. (very dangerous by the way)
Wow, did any of you ever get an significant injury that way?

Zandar1

Community Officer
Alright here is a question. How long has everyone been on FF14?
Since August 2013.

Been in the U even longer, I used to run our Champions Online guild, the WildCards.

Since August 2013.

Been in the U even longer, I used to run our Champions Online guild, the WildCards.
Wow thats great! Most gaming community's usually fall apart in a short amount of time. I never played Champions Online but I did play City of Heroes/villains it was fun and entertaining for its limits.

EverNova

Promoter
I've known Ziggy for years. He used to play ARK with us back in the day. He would often fall asleep at his desk and we'd have to rescue his animals from certain death. Very nice guy. Definitely a good fit for the U. :)

Glad you finally applied, Ziggy!

Zandar1

Community Officer
Got a chance to run some stuff with Ziggy tonight, but...how abut fixing that big Z there, Zig?

I mean, I'm THE Big Z round here.

Top Bottom