App: WarLockPlays - New World (4/0)

User name: WarLockPlays

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
New World

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Takophish

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
Yes

What is their forum name(s)?
Foulsoul

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
The amount of times I have lost my keys in the freezer is more then one. Ive drank enough whiskey to the point that I just laid in the bath tub with the shower going for hours.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Diamond drilling was a pretty cool job. we were out in the woods all day and work with heavy equipment moving the drill and uncovering bedrock. The worst was technically the same job but we spent 3 months moving core (wooden boxes with rock tubes in them) from one location to another for the whole day. They had to be organized at the end point despite being 60 years old missing tags and not really in any sort of order at the starting location.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Halo Reach because it was one of the first online games I played a lot of. It was also the first game I joined and clan in which was a super fun time. Super Mario sunshine because it was one of the first games I've ever played and completed. I also keep going back to Modded Minecraft because I can set it up with 300+ mods and play around with the various magic systems.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
XGO Starfish. He was a toxic dude that with in the halo reach clan I played in. He always thought he should be in a leadership position because we was the highest rank in the game.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I am a jack of all trades master of none, I've worked on cars, snowmobiles, excavators, etc, I also did a short snit as a butcher, I know some woodworking and welding, and I am fairly good with computers and programming thou a little out of practice in the later now.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I met with Foulsoul randomly to be honest and jumped in the discord and just had a fun time with him and a couple others. That's what I look for in people I play games with is to have fun.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Do you guys have a minecraft server up?

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A sword so I can rescue the Princess.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Welcome to the app process!! Sounds like you have had some interesting jobs and seem like the type of guy that can fix anything. What do you currently do for a living? How are you enjoying New World so far?

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
You guys remember the last time I commented on an app? Me either. This dude here, he's fun to play games with.

This Warlock fella is pretty righteous, and not in a Covenant sort of way, either. Foulsoul, Tefached, and myself were about to run some PvP missions, and Foul says there's a dude who wants to join us, so we get him in group. And man, once he got into comms on Discord, in my opinion, he was an instant fit. Had an absolute blast with the dude. One particular moment stands out, though. We had just gotten done wiping a couple enemies out, and there was one particular knuckledick who was up on the hill firing away at us with his musket. I decided I was going to go around the side, being all stealthy and shit. Warlock? Nah man, he just guns straight up the hill Leeroy Jenkins style. We get there about the same time, slaughter the musketeer, and talk about it afterward - we both appreciated each other's approach. Great times were had.

Warlock, I'm glad you applied, brother, and hopefully my input here helps fast-track you into the U. I'm looking forward to getting drunk, going the wrong way, and having you wait for me again and again and again and again and again and...I need some coffee.

Death_Rictus

Shotgun Enthusiast
As far as i know we don't have a community nodded Minecraft server up at the moment but someone sets one up maybe once a year for a few months.

What weapons are you using in New world?

foulsoul

The Big Tomato
Community Leader
Warlock, i'm so glad you applied.

Last night was a perfect convergence of Pfloyd joining our server, Us actually doing PVP missions as a company, and you.

Based on our talks in discord and your app, you are casually a perfect fit for this community without even knowing it.

In addition to PVP shenanigans, there were also dungeon shenanigans where our crappy distracted healer almost let warlock die constantly. Instead of blaming me, he just asked for a rifle.

You mention modded Minecraft - I have fond memories of thaumcraft but haven't played it in years.

I love me some thaumcraft it's a great mod. Loads of fun to play though. I don't think it's been updated for awhile unfortunately.

Welcome to the app process!! Sounds like you have had some interesting jobs and seem like the type of guy that can fix anything. What do you currently do for a living? How are you enjoying New World so far?
I currently do unemployment lol.
Also I forgot about bloodborne such a good game!

As far as i know we don't have a community nodded Minecraft server up at the moment but someone sets one up maybe once a year for a few months.

What weapons are you using in New world?
I actually have a server that I just use as a private world, but I'd be happy to have people playing on it.

As for weapons I am using the good old sword and shield and Im playing around with a great axe but I normally use a musket.

Fhaol

Promoter
Welcome to the process .So you do a lot of dirty jobs...ever find any cool fossils?? Good luck!!

Welcome to the process .So you do a lot of dirty jobs...ever find any cool fossils?? Good luck!!
Nah mostly just different rock formation. I was at a place where you could see gold speckled in the rock on the surface. I live in the Canadian shield so its all granites and harder rock as apposed to limestone and sandstone where you find fossils.

foulsoul

The Big Tomato
Community Leader
sorry Fhaol, you're still not a cool fossil... Maybe once he gets to know you :D

Hey Warlock... glad you app'd, buddy. I love hearing about interactions like that. Just random meeting, "Hey you wanna join Discord?" and it goes from there. This is a great group of folks, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.

I was around lsat night, but had to go get the young punks some food right around the time we got Warlock into Discord. While I am a bit shy around new people, I'm not the type to just leave, I'm taking care of my mother and some young'ns and often have to ditch without much warning, but fortunately dinner could wait 5-10 minutes longer to great you before heading off.

I don't PVP often, but last night was very fun. I'll happily do so again. We got the first round done so smooth, and when we thougth we would have a fun battle, the enemies turned tail and ran to safety in town. The 2nd round had some good action, and Warlock went in like a madman against somebody outleveling us all by just a bit. That was pretty badass.

I was around lsat night, but had to go get the young punks some food right around the time we got Warlock into Discord. While I am a bit shy around new people, I'm not the type to just leave, I'm taking care of my mother and some young'ns and often have to ditch without much warning, but fortunately dinner could wait 5-10 minutes longer to great you before heading off.

I don't PVP often, but last night was very fun. I'll happily do so again. We got the first round done so smooth, and when we thougth we would have a fun battle, the enemies turned tail and ran to safety in town. The 2nd round had some good action, and Warlock went in like a madman against somebody outleveling us all by just a bit. That was pretty badass.

I aim for badass... I often miss but that is the target.

Hey Warlock I'm glad you applied,
I played some PVP missions with him last night on discord and had a great time, even though we didn't encounter any actual PVP. We also ran though Amirine together and he graciously tanked for us. I wholeheartedly support his application to the U!

foulsoul

The Big Tomato
Community Leader
Warlock did we lose ya?

I didnt see you in the guild list anymore.

Nah. I haven't been on in the last couple days. My internet went out last night. Tonight I am just chilling playing some minecraft.

On the subject of lost keys (always the last place you look!) my worst was loosing the spare key to my car under the hood (older car that leaked/burned alot of oil, had to top it off regularly) and didn't find it for the better part of a year. Never thought to look for it there, and by the time I did notice it the key had rusted so bad it didn't work.

foulsoul

The Big Tomato
Community Leader
cool man, always good to take breaks but the way New world has been eating tech around here I was concerned :D

Top Bottom