App: USMCMP - El Neverwinter (4/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
El Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Mirakhe Bly'drose

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
Who knows... my family really got around in the early days, we could all be related. But no one I know of.

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
I can't do that in an open forum.
So I'll pick a slightly less grotesque and slightly more humorous thing.

When I was in the Marine Corps about .. .well.. some time ago... we had just finished a 5 day hump in the lovely floral (desert) training areas of Camp Pendleton.

When you are out and about like that, you tend to eat a lot of MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat) the favorite of mine was known as "Ham Slice" because it came with a "Pound Cake". I would literally trade just about anything for pound cakes.

One day I traded my roll of extra soft, super cozy toilet paper that I had for my own use, for a ham slice MRE and an extra pound cake. It was glorious... until I had to poo poo. Two days later.
Yeah you don't poop a lot when you eat MRE's. I am pretty sure that's all very much on poopus. (purpose... hahah.. poopus..)
I wrote a song about it actually, while we were all cleaning rifles one day at the armory:

I met a turtle, who lived in a cave
He slept between two pillows... oh what a knave!
He only comes out after 5 MRE's
If he likes
What
He Seeeees
*plopping sound with your cheek and finger*

Yeah. For real, it was a total hit, I sang it all the time. Those freaks loved my songs.

So anyway, I am squated against a dead tree (well... at least it was after I pooped on it), and was dropping my gilded nuggets up to the last turdly tater rested casually upon the colon casserole I created. (fear my alliteration)
That's when I realized.. I had no toilet paper.
This isn't the first time in my life I had encountered such an event... you'd think I'd be more thinkful... but... when doody calls (duty...puns... don't hate me)... you get 'er done.

So. The short version of the story is, whatever plant I wiped my butt with, I was apparently highly allergic to. The details of which shall be vaulted and sealed with a magic ritual of "Not safe for... anything" and just assume the worst (ass...ume).

At the end of the day, I felt like i had really "Improvised, overcame and adapated" the situation nicely.
Yeah, the next day... i was a human science experiment to the doctors and interns at the military hospital. Couldn't sit for about a week.

Pretty not ok. And yeah, that was a tame story, but I feel it was doable. :)

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Coolest job... well... coolest to most people would be when I was a Private Investigator.
I did bounty hunting, repos, and obviously... spying on douche canoes who cheated on disability insurance, and their wives and husbands.
Yah... plenty of messed up stories there.

Worst job... uh.
I honestly don't know... most of the things I've done I have not exactly hated.
But I suppose comparatively... realtor.
You'll never run into more assholes than you will in real estate sales. Not even when doing bounty hunting or repos. I'm not even kidding.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Diablo 1,2,3.
Final Fantasy (ONE!) Just played through it again last week with four red mages.
Lastly, this shi**y little tap-click game I wrote / am writing. It's actually based on D&D. I really like it, but it's taking forever to flesh out.
I'll probably play that till the day I die, and keep iterating on it. So much fun!

Diablo... because... kill and pick up loots. Min-max. Etc.
Final fantasy, because of nostalgia. It was the first game I ever bought for myself. I put in 98 hours the first play through. Also, it''s just a simple... fun game. I like to role play out the characters sometimes... cause I nerd like that.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
Well... that's hard.
So many to choose from. It's the spice of life!

There was a cat in my platoon in the Marines. I don't remember his name, because we all just called him "The Shit Bird". Not just... a shit bird. The.
He tried to kiss anyones booty that was in a position of authority, and vied to be in one himself so he could treat people like crap. Boot camp must have really messed with him... he wanted to be a real life drill instructor.

At the end of boot camp, you go on ... or least... you did go on this thing called a crucible. Pretty fun.
I was leading my team, and we were carrying these ammo cases (50#, I think they were filled with sand) and we had to get them from point a to point be. It was a fair distance, and the only person not pulling his weight, literally, was The Shit Bird. TSB for short.

He'd stop. He'd drop it. The guy helping him carry it would have to deal with it.
All this kid did was find problems, not solutions. He was a victim / abuser.
Played like he was a victim, but then would turn on you in a minute if he felt he had the upper hand. Couldn't be trusted.

I'm not the equivalent of a violent person... but I do know there's a time and a place, I'm a life time warrior, so I understand that peace is the ultimate goal.
That being said... this kid bitched and cried about this ammo case, and his... whatever ... hurt.
He wouldn't listen... and laid a hand on me. So I crushed him. Picked up his ammo case , threw it on my shoulder, and helped carry the one with my partner.
I told his partner to either drag him, carry him, or get him moving one way or another, and to keep up. You want a free ride? Nah.

The drill instructor that was watching this ... did so over his examination of his manicure. He had zero concerns. My kinda guy.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I am strong as fuck sometimes.
I really have better things to do when im working out besides video-ing myself, but I do have a couple older videos. Sans beard and awesomeness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhB8Fa8DTpc

Here's me walking around with 600 pounds for the first time ever. I did it after doing 500 pounds for the first time ever. I got so excited at how easy 500 was, that I just threw another hundo on that beeatch and went for it. Almost bit it on the corner. The only thing keeping me from dopping that sheet was... I didn't want to pick it up again. Lazy. It can be a weapon.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
You guys sound like you know how to have a good time and not act like TSB extraordinarre archetype.
Not only that, but it looks like you folks aren't game central right? So ... it's more long term than just a few months in a game that doesn't take off, or something like that.

I work in social media and analytics and what not. I hate social media in my personal life, because I hate how many people use it for drama and non-interesting stuff. Nice cat.

I made a decision recently that i'd really only focus on gamers, and cool ones at that. Because gamers want to game, have fun, and share nerdismology with one another like a rampant case of the herp.

You folks seem like that. I like that. Gimme.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Who has the biggest hair in the guild?

Does anyone here smoke cigars and or drink expensive scotch? (i do)

Anyone here from Minnesota?

Any prior Marines?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
Well... for one thing. If I ever get married, our wedding rings will say that. I decided that as a kid.
I'm going to go out on a creative limb here, and say that at this point in my life, the adventure that is just beginning is one of renewal and re-evaluation and re-focus.
So the old man hands me a crystal ball glowing with a luminous ember deep in the center that signifies the fire within me. The crystal ball will guide me and never again let me forget that the journey, not the past, not the destination... is the most important thing, and that discipline and self respect are bedrocks in the foundation of ones life. The crystal ball shows me these things.
It also casts chain lighting as a level 20 2nd edition Mage infinite times a day with no cooldown.

Oh my god... this guy is awesome!
Yes. I know it's me. But it's me from like 30 minutes ago. So... different person.

[Shamelessly stolen from Inconnel ]

Welcome USMCMP,

Lets give the run-down on the application process, because it is the one thing we do take all serious.

First, get a guild invite.

type in /channel_join Uey , and announce yourself as an applicant. Also mention you need a guild invite. One will be give to you, and you join as a recruit.

Uey is our custom chat channel.

Second, encourage members in Uey channel to swing by and comment/throw rottten veggies /etc.

Thirdly, and this could take up to a couple of weeks, people will fill you app with comments/etc. Based on those comments some votes will be posted in your application.

• 4 YES votes from Ufficers ( those with YELLOW names ), means is a good fit.

• 3 NO votes means just a not fit for the community.

However, while the Ufficers do the voting, it is the membership ( those with RED names ) that really determines your fate, as it were.
Their feedback is valued highest.

Fourth item, we use Mumble as the voice-chat during games. Setup instructions are in the FAQ you may have already read. Once ready, PM someone in game, and we get you setup with the password.

Final item.. we are more than a guild in Neverwinter. We are a community spread across many games, from WoW to SWTOR to ARK to many games with a Unrepentant presence. Heck we even have a group of wayward souls in DDO. I mention this because many of the peoples who will provide feedback will not only be Neverwinter folks, but players who are solemnly up to no good in other games, and interact with you in Mumble and on the forums.

I have a question right off the bat, What was your MOS Marine?

huntgod

GalactHunt, Eater of Guilds
Promoter
So did you actually work as an MP? You mention PI work, did you end up in law enforcement when you cycled back?

Have a lot of friend who are former marines, all from the mid to late 80's though, best man at my wedding and one of my best friends, both came out of the Island though, had some great stories about digging flea graves.

I'm surprised to hear about you TSB, I know back in the day that shit wouldn't made week 2 of boot, well maybe in the Navy or Air Force :p

Never wiped my ass with poison ivy or oak, but did aspirate it once cutting the grass, was pretty miserable, can't imagine having that sensation on my rectum.

Anyway, have a soft spot for the Corp, so looking forward to chatting with ya, OORAH! and thank you for your service.

This application is ticking off a lot of my good app check boxes. Nice fleshed out read? Check. Profanity used well? Check. Big ole poop story, with proper foundation and foreshadowing? Check. Already spawning discussions about poop and asses? Check.

Are you the strongest guy in IT?

Did you have any funny moments as a PI?

If I was going to give into my paranoia and stock up on food for the coming apocalypse, should I stock MREs or just call it good with cans of chef boyardee and dinty moore beef stew?

Never wiped my ass with poison ivy or oak, but did aspirate it once cutting the grass, was pretty miserable, can't imagine having that sensation on my rectum.
If you hadn't joined Unrepentant before @ChefBourdain did, you'd know the sensation all too well...

Thanks for the intel

[Shamelessly stolen from Inconnel ]

I have a question right off the bat, What was your MOS Marine?
Thanks
For all that fancy information.

My MOS was 5811. Base at first, then Field. What was yours? :)

So did you actually work as an MP? You mention PI work, did you end up in law enforcement when you cycled back?

Did I actually work as an MP? Well... I think we all tried our best to skate as much as possible. But between people beating their wives, getting drunk and beating each other, getting drunk and driving, and a high suicide rate... we were forced to actually work. 14 hours a day, 7 days a week for 5 months at one stretch. WTF, I signed up for the free college money, what is this!?

In Pendelton, I was field, so we just mowed lawns, trained, killed ground squirrels, and got deployed a lot. And skated. We really tried to... not work. Shoulda been admin.

I decided I don't like drama or politics, so I avoided law enforcement when I got out, I chose private security and pi work. Way more autonomy.

Have you ever been arrested?
Like... for masterbating at a cricket match with a blindfold?

Dear Bourdain,

First, as a man who loves to cook... I love you and want to have your dough babies.
I watched Bourdains Netflix show, and it's amazingballs.

So, let's address the paranoia.
I think we know each other pretty well by now. You are paranoid, and you are stockpiling shit. Let's just be real here Chef. You wacky mcwackerson.

Dude... MRE's will last a millenium, and they help you not poop. I'd stockpile the hell out of them.
But you have to have variety.

I run a D&D campaign(s) and in one of them, this group of adventurers was walking by a small pond on their way to their adventure. Well, one of them RANDOMLY casts detect magic and starts looking around.
It just so happens that in the middle of the pond was a magical portal that led one way into a mystical cave.

Well, he jumps in and swims towards the magic, cause he wants the lewts.
He gets sucked in, and everyone tries to save him. They get sucked in. So much sucking... in...

They wake up in a quaint, dimly lit aesthetic next to a tiny pool of water, and walls made of shiny stone.

An old man named Steven (so middle ages man, I do names... i do them), with a long... long wispy white beard, no clothes but a loin cloth and a glint in his eye greets them.
He talks like Kip from ND. (talking online with hot babes all day... also, I came up with that voice before I saw the movie... I swear)

He coddles them, and shows them how he lives cause he's been down there for maybe 50 years. Looks real young though. Like 50.

Around the corner he had created a small bit of habitat that looks like a lovesack mound covered in pretty, green moss (notice the comma) and other fungi varieties. Nearby there is a stone basin.
He explains how he basically poops in this lovesack pile, grows moss off of it, eats the moss, and completely recycles his own shit. Genius. I came up with this... it has to work!
And he drinks his own pee of course.
Ocassionally he gets a fish. Which he made bone dolls out of that he named sally, shelly and miranda. Miranda is a bitch.

So in closing.
You don't want to be eating your own shit moss in 50 years after the apocalypse. So make sure you have various sources of tastiness, not just what you can survive on. Don't be Steven. Also, be careful with detect magic.

To your other query: Am I the strongest guy in IT?
I don't have sufficient data to say whether or not this is true.
But I can say I'm the strongest dude in IT that I've ever seen in person, and I go to a lot of business conventions.
I also give good hugs.

Last edited:
If you hadn't joined Unrepentant before @ChefBourdain did, you'd know the sensation all too well...

I
Have always wanted to try it again.. so... hopefully this will give me that same sensation without having to having to actually poop through a tube.

I was never in the military, however I seem to hang out exclusively with Marines and have done so since I was 17...

That being said, lets see my "mos" was Oilfield 101 Anywhere on the planet 24/7/365, now it's IT

I was never in the military, however I seem to hang out exclusively with Marines and have done so since I was 17...

That being said, lets see my "mos" was Oilfield 101 Anywhere on the planet 24/7/365, now it's IT
Hah...
Nice MOS. :)
I definitely know Marines, we are as diverse a group as they come, especially the ones who are out of the fleet.

What is the black label society?

The Black motherfuckin' Label Society is the bestest band EVAR... Zakk Wylde used to be the guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne after Saint Randy Rhoads passed.

If you're into metal, you should check them out:

Are they better than Slayer? Yes, does that make Slayer any less than BLS? No.

The Black motherfuckin' Label Society is the bestest band EVAR... Zakk Wylde used to be the guitarist for Ozzy Osbourne after Saint Randy Rhoads passed.

Are they better than Slayer? Yes, does that make Slayer any less than BLS? No.

oh..
Hell yes! This is awesome!!! Hahahahahah
I was so hung up on black label scotch that I couldn't think of metal... I am a foolish peon.

I've been in a number of metal bands as the frontman, done a couple covers from these guys.

Thank you for bitch slapping the stupid out of me.
Is it too early for scotch?

Thank you for bitch slapping the stupid out of me.
Is it too early for scotch?
Now that you've manged to unfucked yourself...
It's never too early for Bourbon... not a scotch man myself, but a fantastic Bourbon, I will never pass on.

Well... time to get real then.
What are your top 3 bourbons?

One of the best I've ever had is Pappy Van Winkle's 10 year. I had the others even the 23.
I frankly thought they all sucked compared to the 10 year.

Older isn't always better. Unless it's me. Then it's always better.

The next one would have to be Woodford Reserve 1838 Style White Corn. Other woodfords are pretty excellent, consistent. But this one had that little extra sweetness to it that I like in some bourbons.

And lastly Blantons Single Barrel. So rich and smooth... and dark tasting. Like the guilt you feel after having coital relations with your best friends mom. Believe me... I know. Oh do i ever.

My favorite 3 cigars:

Arturo Fuente Shark 77 anejo (i have 30 of them that are aging from 4 years ago)
Gurkha Beauty ( I have 50 of them that ive been aging for over a year )

And my number one favorite:
Arturo Fuente Angels Share (I have about 30 of them, some as old as 5 years, which is a year after I learned cigars are amazing). These are super hard to get a hold of though. So I only have them very rarely.

doyler

NWO Guild Leader
o man that is hate music please link some Tswizz to wash my brain

Well... time to get real then.
What are your top 3 bourbons?
#1 -- Jim Beam Devils Cut (laugh it up, I can get this anywhere on the planet and know exactly what I'm getting)
The rest in no order of importance:
Basil Hayden
Buffalo Trace
Colonel E.H. Taylor Small Batch Straight
Woodford Reserve
Jim Beam White

Hey USMCMP, good app, I look forward to seeing you in game (my playtime has been sporadic recently)

Does anyone here smoke cigars and or drink expensive scotch? (i do)

I'm mostly a beer drinker now, but I still love scotch (just drink it less often). As far as expensive goes, I got a bottle of Johnny Blue as a gift once, and had some Glenfiddich 30-year (not normally a Glenfiddich fan but it was very tasty). I'm currently trying to track down a bottle of Yamazaki 12. Glenlivet 12 year is my go-to, Laphroaig when I'm feeling a little crazy, but I can find a way to appreciate most any decent single malt :)

What are some of your favs?

This may be blasphemy and grounds for a drawing-and-quartering..

but have a couple of observations on Scotch.

a. To me , the best drinking Scotch is the stuff around $15-20$ a bottle. Have tried the higher end stuff, over $100 a bottle , but it simply doesn't seem as smooth or drinkable to me.

b. This may set some ffolkes off big time, but best use I have for scotch is to flavor my Saturday morning coffee.

I will now drag my habeus corpus back to whatever primal Visigoth lair I crawled out of.

Carry on.

:cool:

Top Bottom