App: twinturbo57 - FFXIV (4/0)

So, car guy, wood guy, and friend of a long time member...
..What more is there to like? He gets my vote.

Now, for a loaded, yet not so serious question...

If you were to buy an antique automobile, why would it be a Franklin, Chase, or a Moyer?

I had to look those up haha. I'd pick a Chase, they look like something that could take a beating off road. As an added bonus I could just rebuild half the automobile out of wood.

Years ago, I've said if I ever won the lotto, I would track down an old Franklin and do a modern restoration on it. It just exudes class. Imagine it with a modern engine, drivetrain and brakes, with a modernized interior. All the companies I listed were made in my hometown, with Franklin pretty much being within the neighborhood. They picked one of the longest streets in the city at the time for their showroom. Franklins would race up and down South Geddess Street at (for the time) insane speeds. They would also use the hill to show off how well the brakes worked. Most of their patents were bought up by Tucker (yes, that Tucker) with a lot of their engine patents being used for planes.

I love the old racing cars. This was one my favorites from the Rolex Motorsport Classic track day at Laguna Seca. It was kind of cool watching the drivers shift that massive lever on the side while racing around the track. I'm not sure if that's the drive or the brakes or actually what that lever does though. I think it's a chain driven car, but I don't know enough to say for certain.

Attachments

That being said, I don't know anyone who has ever finished "fixing" a jeep (or finished a project car)
They don't exist, because it's not possible. /me goes back to adding gadgets to his lifted fozz

Also, I'm concerned about your decision to cut the tree to prevent falling damage.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
2013 Rubicon 2dr. It's got a tiny lift and 33's and a handful of other upgrades. Its been a pretty good vehicle though. The 4 wheeling season is short in CO. I don't have a good setup for wheeling in the deep snow. But I'm looking forward to the snow melting off the trails in a couple months so I can get back out again.
You offroad in Colorado? I do, I have a lifted 4Runner and have been all over a bunch of the 4wd roads out here. Do you have any areas that really stick out to you?

@twinturbo57 have you been able to play with the U in Final Fantasy? How was the experience?
I ran the first dungeon with Kalaan, it was a pretty good time. Granted we basically just ran through the entire thing like it was nothing. However I've been out of state for the last couple of weeks so I haven't had a chance to play since. Should be jumping back into it next week.

You offroad in Colorado? I do, I have a lifted 4Runner and have been all over a bunch of the 4wd roads out here. Do you have any areas that really stick out to you?
I usually try to run Middle St. Vrain and Red Cone Pass at least once a year. Kind of hoping that I can find some time to go camping down by Ouray this summer and hit up Imogene Pass, Black Bear Pass, and Engineer Pass on the same trip.

Middle St. Vrain is a probably one of my favorites though. I usually stop at the water crossing and spend a few hours hiking to the lake to do some fishing.

Are the trails already starting to open up? I haven't been paying attention yet this year.

You have anything going on for your weekend? :)
Just visiting family and friends, and spring cleanup in my yard and garden. Looking forward to having some time to jump back into some games next week. Just need some time to really figure out how the maps in FFXIV work. Its been fairly confusing but I'm slowly starting to figure it out.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
I usually try to run Middle St. Vrain and Red Cone Pass at least once a year. Kind of hoping that I can find some time to go camping down by Ouray this summer and hit up Imogene Pass, Black Bear Pass, and Engineer Pass on the same trip.

Middle St. Vrain is a probably one of my favorites though. I usually stop at the water crossing and spend a few hours hiking to the lake to do some fishing.

Are the trails already starting to open up? I haven't been paying attention yet this year.
I've been up Imogene, Engineer and Cinnamon pass. Black Bear pass has a pretty scary reputation and I've seen video of stuff going very wrong on that pass so I'm in no hurry to take my 4Runner up there. I climb a lot of mountains so I offroad to several trailheads. Baldwin Gulch is pretty long and intense as is Hermit road down by Westcliffe. If you make it to Ouray, go up Governor road, it's near Imogene and it has some amazing views.

I'm adding my YES vote to the app!

I've been up Imogene, Engineer and Cinnamon pass. Black Bear pass has a pretty scary reputation and I've seen video of stuff going very wrong on that pass so I'm in no hurry to take my 4Runner up there. I climb a lot of mountains so I offroad to several trailheads. Baldwin Gulch is pretty long and intense as is Hermit road down by Westcliffe. If you make it to Ouray, go up Governor road, it's near Imogene and it has some amazing views.

I'm adding my YES vote to the app!
Is Baldwin Gulch the trial that goes up to the top of Mt. Antero? I've gone up to the top of that mountain where the aquamarine mine is located a few times over the past few years. Its a fun trail. I'll definitely check out Governor Rd.

One of my long term goals is to attempt to follow the Rimrocker trail on a multi day trip to Moab. https://www.drivingline.com/article...s-of-dirt-and-adventure-from-montrose-to-moab

Top Bottom