App: twinturbo57 - FFXIV (4/0)

t
Oddly I don't have any embarassing stories of Kalaan. He was always pretty down to earth when we were playing WoW. He did have a habit of putting me in a bubble in the middle of boss fights but thats about all I can remember. I only know him from in game in WoW though :p
Haha I forgot about that... yeah it was fun to fire off a shield that made a dpser unable to dps. The confusing was quite comical. :)

Haha I forgot about that... yeah it was fun to fire off a shield that made a dpser unable to dps. The confusing was quite comical. :)
I'm pretty sure thats the only reason I lived through those fights. Kinda had an issue with "accidentally" pulling agro back then.

I don't play FFXIV, But when i saw an applicant with a name like "Twinturbo" I felt obligated as lifelong car enthusiast to ask where/what the inspiration for the name is.

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
But when i saw an applicant with a name like "Twinturbo" I felt obligated as lifelong car enthusiast to ask where/what the inspiration for the name is.
We have a fair number of car folks around the U, so yeah, I'm curious too!

We have a fair number of car folks around the U, so yeah, I'm curious too!
The name is because growing up I was in love with the XJ220 and also thought it sounded cool so I used it when creating my xbox gamertag years ago and just sort of stuck with it. The 57 is just a random number, but its been attached to my gamertag for so long I just sort of use the same name for every game.

That being said. I like cars a lot and have spent more than a few track days at Laguna Seca, when I've been out in CA for work. My boss let me do a day of point by sessions on the track in his old Audi TT, that was nerve racking and awesome. He basically told me not to red line it and other than that I was good to go. Probably one of my top 10 experiences.

One day I'll get a sports car, just need to finish fixing my Jeep first.

Being from the Northeast, and not having multiple car budget, I have to drive things that are at least OK in the snow, so no true sports cars, but I did get to do a "pace lap" with my old Saab 9-5 wagon around Watkins Glen's old F1 layout.

I debated getting TWNTRBO as a vanity plate on my SHO at one point too, but it wasn't available.

That being said, I don't know anyone who has ever finished "fixing" a jeep (or finished a project car)

Being from the Northeast, and not having multiple car budget, I have to drive things that are at least OK in the snow, so no true sports cars, but I did get to do a "pace lap" with my old Saab 9-5 wagon around Watkins Glen's old F1 layout.

I debated getting TWNTRBO as a vanity plate on my SHO at one point too, but it wasn't available.

That being said, I don't know anyone who has ever finished "fixing" a jeep (or finished a project car)
Oh I like station wagons too. Thats awesome that you got to drive that around an F1 track! I'm bummed I never heard of this track when I was living in the north east. Would have been entertaining to get up that way and watch some races.

Fixing my Jeep is more like trying to undo the last stupid thing I did with it :p

Watkins Glen is one of the oldest tracks in the country that is still operating. Before the track was built, they used to just race through the town.

What kind of Jeep do you have?

2013 Rubicon 2dr. It's got a tiny lift and 33's and a handful of other upgrades. Its been a pretty good vehicle though. The 4 wheeling season is short in CO. I don't have a good setup for wheeling in the deep snow. But I'm looking forward to the snow melting off the trails in a couple months so I can get back out again.

EverNova

Promoter
Hi twinturbo! How are you liking the game so far? Have you gotten a chance to run content with anyone? I know early on in FF it's all about the story so it can be hard to group up with people. Also, what kind of carpentry things do you do?

So far I'm liking FFXIV, haven't played in a couple of week as I've been out of town on vacation. Before I left I ran the first dungeon with Kalaan and Thorvin, it was a good time. Regarding carpentry, I used to be a contractor, now I just build things for myself. lately its been a lot of built in cabinets and bookshelves in my house. I've got a ton of black walnut slabs that have been siting in my garage for years. Started to mill them down into useable pieces and I'm currently experimenting with an epoxy pour. One of the ends of a slab was essentially cracked in half so I put some box ties into it out of curly maple and did the pour to see what I'd get. I've got a bit of touch up to do on it and then the plan is to see if I can get enough useable lumber out of the rest of the slab to make an end table. Other then that I just sort of make random things, made an urn a couple of months ago and a walking cane for a friend before that.

Attachments

Krishach

ED Leader
Guild Leader
That reminds me a lot of the Blacktail Studio builds. Something I would have loved to do in better circumstances.

It's been a learning experience. I didn't think to put a bead of silicone on the inside edges of the mold, so I ended up leaking about 1.5 liters of epoxy onto my kitchen floor. Really happy I'm cautious and had a plastic drop cloth down. Managed to contain the spill. But I also never thought to clear coat the bow ties before pouring died black epoxy over them, which has caused some parts of the bowties to get a weird blueish stain. Its only a hobby, wish I could make it work as a job, but for now its just something to keep my busy when I'm not gaming or working.

Got two pieces that have a crotch on them. There's a little bit of flame in some sections but not too much, at least that I can see yet. I bought it off some one who had it sitting out behind their house a few years back. Put it through a kiln, and right now most of it just looks greyish on the outside. However the reveal of the grain when I run it through the planer has proven to be pretty spectacular and its got a lot of color in it.

We could use more gearheads around here. Speaking of the XJ220, this might be my favorite video with one.

I've been to the Monterey Historics for work. It was amazing, and I highly recommend it if you're close by. Between that and the Pebble Beach auction, there's a ton of amazing old cars. I saw Prost's McLaren there on track.

IIRC, F1 stopped racing at Watkins Glen in the 80s, and today's F1 car could not do a lap. The car would break in the banking of T1. That said, NASCAR still goes there, and it can be proper comedy watching the road course ringers shame the big name drivers.

Do you play any racing games?

I play racing games on and off, usually Forza on the Xbox. I do like seeing all the crazy cars out in Montery. Made it out there for car week right before the pandemic hit, it was amazing seeing all these cars in person that I'd only ever read about before.

Top Bottom