App: twinturbo57 - FFXIV (4/0)

User name: twinturbo57

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
FFXIV

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Mandras Ballantine

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
Yes

What is their forum name(s)?
Kalaan

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
While camping I convinced a drunk friend of mine to climb up a tree. He then refused to come down. So I chopped the tree down while he was still in it. In all fairness, it was for his safety, he was drunk and could have fallen out of the tree.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
I once got to work for the advertising agency that was making the Xbox one commercials. My job was photoshopping the images of the Xbox home screen so that it could be added into the scenes in post production. It was the best 6 months of my professional life.

My worst job was working as a tile installer. As to why this was the worst job, well, installing tile is the opposite of fun. I'm not sure there's one specific aspect I could call out. Although I'd say running a wet saw in -10 degree weather during a blizzard was one of my worst experiences.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
- Halo 2, I love grenade jumping out of the 2nd level and running across the back side of the city.
- Mario Cart (the original), I know the levels like the back of my hand and its fun to watch my nephew rage quit after beating him over and over again in it. To clarify, he likes to tell me how good he is at video games in a rather rude manner, kind of feel like he has it coming.
- Skyrm, I've purchased this game on more consoles than I care to admit and I love playing through it every single time.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
My friends ex girlfriend. He invited her to live with him, although he was living on the floor behind my couch at the time while he looked for a place to live. Her voice sounded like Fran from The Nanny. In real life this was pretty horrible to listen to. And she was always behind the couch talking on her phone. She almost never came out from behind the couch. It was weird.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I'm ok at snowboarding and carpentry.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I jump around games a lot. It would be nice to have a group of people to play with.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
He hands me a flashlight and laughs at me as I continue into the cave, wondering what he was talking about.

User name: twinturbo57

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
FFXIV

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Mandras Ballantine

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
Yes

What is their forum name(s)?
Kalaan

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
While camping I convinced a drunk friend of mine to climb up a tree. He then refused to come down. So I chopped the tree down while he was still in it. In all fairness, it was for his safety, he was drunk and could have fallen out of the tree.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
I once got to work for the advertising agency that was making the Xbox one commercials. My job was photoshopping the images of the Xbox home screen so that it could be added into the scenes in post production. It was the best 6 months of my professional life.

My worst job was working as a tile installer. As to why this was the worst job, well, installing tile is the opposite of fun. I'm not sure there's one specific aspect I could call out. Although I'd say running a wet saw in -10 degree weather during a blizzard was one of my worst experiences.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
- Halo 2, I love grenade jumping out of the 2nd level and running across the back side of the city.
- Mario Cart (the original), I know the levels like the back of my hand and its fun to watch my nephew rage quit after beating him over and over again in it. To clarify, he likes to tell me how good he is at video games in a rather rude manner, kind of feel like he has it coming.
- Skyrm, I've purchased this game on more consoles than I care to admit and I love playing through it every single time.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
My friends ex girlfriend. He invited her to live with him, although he was living on the floor behind my couch at the time while he looked for a place to live. Her voice sounded like Fran from The Nanny. In real life this was pretty horrible to listen to. And she was always behind the couch talking on her phone. She almost never came out from behind the couch. It was weird.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I'm ok at snowboarding and carpentry.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I jump around games a lot. It would be nice to have a group of people to play with.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?

He hands me a flashlight and laughs at me as I continue into the cave, wondering what he was talking about.
Hello Twinturbo! How are you doing? I really like your app so far, and glad you applied! What class do you play in Final Fantasy? and why do you enjoy playing it and Welcome to the app process, one of the Uey officers should be by, to look at your app soon :)

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
Howdy Mandras/Twinturbo!

Glad to see your application. We're on Aether DC, Siren server, and we're glad to have you drop by.
I see you know Kalaan, we'll try not to hold that against you too much :cool:

What classes/jobs have you played in FF XIV?

Hello Twinturbo! How are you doing? I really like your app so far, and glad you applied! What class do you play in Final Fantasy? and why do you enjoy playing it and Welcome to the app process, one of the Uey officers should be by, to look at your app soon :)
I'm trying out the thaumaturge class. So far its proving to be pretty fun, hoping to switch to a healer once I get higher up in level though. Mainly enjoying getting to play with some old friends again.

Howdy Mandras/Twinturbo!

Glad to see your application. We're on Aether DC, Siren server, and we're glad to have you drop by.

What classes/jobs have you played in FF XIV?
I've only tried the thaumaturge class so far. There's a lot to take absorb in the game. Slowly figuring it all out.

Hey now!

Welcome to the application process, Mandras! So full disclosure, I've known Mandras for quite a while. We used to play WoW together many, many years ago. He's a good bud and I always found it fascinating that he could get along with anyone. He is a super chill, friendly guy who enjoys gaming as much as the rest of us. He would most def be a great fit in the U!

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
So full disclosure, I've known Mandras for quite a while. We used to play WoW together many, many years ago. He's a good bud and I always found it fascinating that he could get along with anyone. He is a super chill, friendly guy who enjoys gaming as much as the rest of us.
So what's your best Mandras story. :)

So what's your best Mandras story. :)
Well, the first thing that comes to mind is when Mandras was buzzed after a raid and he started singing on Ventrilo. I of course recorded the entire thing and it was funny as heck when I played it back for sober Mandras. :)

But in all honesty, my best Mandras story is how he truly got along with everyone. He was even chill and friendly with the raid jerks who were not so nice. I never understood how he got along with everyone but I appreciated it very much. (yes I know I said that earlier but it still impresses me)

Last edited:
Okay I feel like I'm posting too much but FYI, Antherious and I ran Mandras through Sastasha, which was his very first FFXIV dungeon. He did well and we all had fun! (which is kind of hard to say when you're in Sastasha).

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is when Mandras was buzzed after a raid and he started singing on Ventrilo. I of course recorded the entire thing and it was funny as heck when I played it back for sober Mandras. :)

But in all honesty, my best Mandras story is how he truly got along with everyone. He was even chill and friendly with the raid jerks who were not so nice. I never understood how he got along with everyone but I appreciated it very much. (yes I know I said that earlier but it still impresses me)
I'm pretty glad I don't remember that lol

I started playing FFXIV back in April of 2014, ~7ish months after A Realm Reborn launched. I had been a fan of Final Fantasy since I was a child, and was immediately hooked. It was so immersive, so expansive. It didn't feel lonely like other MMO-like games I had tried. I actually made friends, that became just as close as real ones. The story, the battles, trials, raids, music...everything has blown me away beyond expectations and continues to do so. I plan on staying with the game for as long as it exists. It's just that good. You can also tell the amount of love and care that goes into planning everything, that's what a company that gives a damn about its players does, and they do it quite well. If you've been on the fence, give it a try. shareit vidmate app download

Last edited:
I started playing FFXIV back in April of 2014, ~7ish months after A Realm Reborn launched. I had been a fan of Final Fantasy since I was a child, and was immediately hooked. It was so immersive, so expansive. It didn't feel lonely like other MMO-like games I had tried. I actually made friends, that became just as close as real ones. The story, the battles, trials, raids, music...everything has blown me away beyond expectations and continues to do so. I plan on staying with the game for as long as it exists. It's just that good. You can also tell the amount of love and care that goes into planning everything, that's what a company that gives a damn about its players does, and they do it quite well. If you've been on the fence, give it a try.
Giving it a try, made level 22 yesterday, starting to get a feel for how it all works.

I'm trying out the thaumaturge class. So far its proving to be pretty fun, hoping to switch to a healer once I get higher up in level though. Mainly enjoying getting to play with some old friends again.
glad to hear that! how was your weekend?

Instead of falling out of a tree, you made him fall with the tree. Sounds like the kind of stupid stuff I used to get up to with old friends.

Now, usually when a friend of a member applies, it's typically expected for them to share some embarassing moments of said friend that's already a member. Got any good stories on Kal for us?

It only keeps getting better.
^ It sure as hell does. You'll be transforming into Megumin in no time if you keep it up.

Fhaol

Promoter
Hi and welcome to the process..do you have a favorite class in ffxiv or are you and alt a holic like me? And yes I know you can do everything with one toon if you are patient..goodluck!

Instead of falling out of a tree, you made him fall with the tree. Sounds like the kind of stupid stuff I used to get up to with old friends.

Now, usually when a friend of a member applies, it's typically expected for them to share some embarassing moments of said friend that's already a member. Got any good stories on Kal for us?

^ It sure as hell does. You'll be transforming into Megumin in no time if you keep it up.

t
Oddly I don't have any embarassing stories of Kalaan. He was always pretty down to earth when we were playing WoW. He did have a habit of putting me in a bubble in the middle of boss fights but thats about all I can remember. I only know him from in game in WoW though :p

Hi and welcome to the process..do you have a favorite class in ffxiv or are you and alt a holic like me? And yes I know you can do everything with one toon if you are patient..goodluck!
I might consider leveling a second class, but I tend to try and min max a single class and don't often go for alts, but then again, if I don't have to level a whole new toon from scratch, it might be more appealing.

Top Bottom