App: SpeedforceDalek - Ark,PixArk,Destiny 2 on Xbox (4/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Ark,PixArk,Destiny 2 on Xbox

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Speedy or SpeedforceDalek

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
yes Flack41940,EtaNaru,DMIL421

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
I was working in burger king at Cineplex and a customer came up to me and asked me "do you work here?" I looked around me,i looked at my name tag, i looked at my shirt, then took off my hat looked at it and said "no i dont work here" he said "oh sorry to bother you then" and walked away. My manager who witnessed all of this just stood there dumbfounded with her jaw dropped then we all proceeded to laugh our butts off.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
The coolest job ive ever had was at EB Games. It allowed me to be apart of the community and it ignited my passion for gaming. It also allowed me to meet some really great people who i remain friends with to this day.

The worst Superstore. this job although it paid great was horrible. i had my boss compare me to a cheese grater and told me that his two year old son was smarter than me. he then lent me money for a pay advance and when i told him that he had to wait an extra week he called my house 30 times a day. he also proceeded to call my friends as well.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
The Mass Effect Trilogy: Because its my favorite game series of all time

Skyrim: There is just so much to do and it doesn't get repetitive.

Spyro Trilogy: its a classic and will never get boring for me

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
My childhood friend Sarah she would constantly correct my grammar, tease me, and beat me up. she eventually started Apparently seeing angels everywhere she went. and was constantly telling me i was going to hell and quoting scripture in my face. Yea i haven't talked to her in years.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
This Little one is the coolest thing in my life i rescued her when she was three years old from beside a garbage bin and ive now had her for 11 years.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/428932193218330624/428932232346861568/IMG_20180329_090233.jpg

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
The reason i am choosing Unrepentant is for the community. i want to join a group of like mined individuals who share or exceed my passion for gaming. And who are okay with lending a hand every once and a while, while also lending a hand where i can. I would like to meet new people and try new games. I have recently made the switch from console where i played games like Destiny and Monster Hunter World And of course Mass Effect and i think its time to step out of my comfort zone with a new and amazing community while at the same time make some awesome friends.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
What was your first gaming device and do you still have it?

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A lightsaber because they can be used for a light source and as a deadly weapon.

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
Hey Speedy, glad you got your app in! I don't know if you got my PM, so I'll just go over the basics: The application process to Unrepentant is pretty much the only thing we take seriously around here. As long as you stay active in your app thread, make fun of me occasionally, and punch Flack in the nuts every once in a while, you should be golden! What you need to become official is four YES votes from yellow-named folks, the Ufficers. Three NO votes gets you kicked off the island. I'd suggest chatting up other Ueys via in-game chat or in voice comms (Mumble and Discord are what we use) too, that way the community at-large can comment on positive (or negative) things here in your app thread.

To answer your one question, my first gaming console was the Atari 2600 I received back in the early 80s...definitely do not have that around any more. Actually, after my house was broken into ten or so years ago, I've gone PC only.

Quick question(s) for YOU now:

Have you jumped into PixARK yet? I'm sure Flack has told you about the server he's running for us, and I'd love to get to hang with you in-game, as I'm jamming out with that game for now.

I saw you wrote "XBox" after Destiny 2; are you playing ARK and PixARK on XB also, or are they PC games? Although we do have a bunch of people who own consoles and occasionally get together to game using said consoles, the majority of our focus is on PC gaming.

One last thing for now - if you have ANY questions about anything, ask 'em. Someone smarter than me will probably have a good answer for ya. Enjoy the app process, stay active, and have fun!

So i have jumped onto PixArRK its awesome. Flack has told me about it i just need an invite.

And im playing ark and PixArk on pc and Destiny 2 on xbox

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
Sweet - I'll send you a pm with the info for the PixARK server. Check you notifications tab at the top in a few minutes, and I'll see you in-game later today!

BK, Superstore, and EB Games? Damn... retail hell... what are you doing now to pay the bills / fund gaming? :p

Also, veteran move putting up the picture of the pup. I'm guessing you've done your homework, or were making an educated guess on what folks around here like... :p

I now work at party city as a manager

i did my homework and who doesnt love dogs lol but she is the most precious thing in the world to me :)

Very cool.
So, outside of gaming, what else keeps you busy? If you used to work at Superstore, I'm guessing you're also a Canuck?

Very cool.
So, outside of gaming, what else keeps you busy? If you used to work at Superstore, I'm guessing you're also a Canuck?
Honestly mostly work i work alot trying to save up to move and get a vehicle, Also the city transportation is horrible so i dont really leave my side of the city And i am a proud born and raised Canuck well albertan GO OILERS!!!

Last edited:
Good to see you got your app in! Sorry the site ate your first attempt, it gets hungry sometimes.

So Speedy here is the proud owner of that infinitely powerful 10 year old 4gb computer tower I managed to get Ark running on, some of you may remember me mentioning it a while back. So she's a PC gaming newb. Get her addicted!

We were actually coworkers from EB, and if you guys ever get bored, there are tons of stories from our insanity there together. Just don't get her started on Mass Effect. You won't hear the end of it.

Pfloyd

Official Dino-Bard
Just don't get her started on Mass Effect. You won't hear the end of it.
Sounds like you're trying to get her started on it...

Anyway, one question I forgot to ask - exactly (or approximately) how fast does a Speedforce Dalek go? Also, have you gotten onto the Pixark server yet? If so, let me know how you found it! As I may have mentioned in pms, one of our other members, Uru (also a canuck) had trouble finding the server the other night.

Go Flyers.

i did my homework and who doesnt love dogs lol but she is the most precious thing in the world to me :)
:thumbup:

Heh, I did the same thing, and my cats totally carried my application. No question.

Who's your favorite character in Mass Effect?

Which type of character do you prefer to play in Skyrim?

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Is it physically possible for Shinehorns to be any cuter?

Quick question Speed! What is the most annoying thing about Flack? =p...me and him just started talking alot since last year...he speaks very highly of you! :)

rhyzen

Sir Jerky, Esq. of House Jerkington
Hey there, SFD. Welcome to the app process. Seems you're already getting along just fine - leaning on pet pictures for bonus points is never a bad thing! Although I'll have to overlook the whole Oilers nonsense.... ;)

Are you playing much else over on the Xbox? I saw you also mentioned Monster Hunter World. I did pick up the game, but it didn't really stick for me. I think I'm just bad at video games... (plus I tend to have the attention span of a gnat when it comes to games, just ask anyone here).

I do pop over to my Xbox occasionally but I'm still mostly a PC gamer. I have recently been enjoying Sea of Thieves - very much a huge fan of being able to play cross platform with PC and Xbox gamers simultaneously. The voice chat/party system even works between PC and Xbox now!

So i havent gotten on yet just got home from work will make another attempt here in a few minutes.

And as far as how fast does a speedforcedalek go. they go as fast as a weeping angel but the doctor is always faster :D

Garrus of course

Argonian because they can breathe under water and i like to sneask up on people

11 meters per second i googled it lol

i havent seen one yet in ark

Hey there, SFD. Welcome to the app process.
Are you playing much else over on the Xbox?
Until recently i was only playing xbox and i played games like destiny 2 and other single player games like far cry assasins creed. but flack really bugged me to switch so i thought id give it a try and im loving it

Garrus of course

Argonian because they can breathe under water and i like to sneask up on people

11 meters per second i googled it lol

i havent seen one yet in ark

Giiiiiirl, you get me. I dabbled a little with MHW on xbox, too, but mostly for the Palico armor. I haven't logged back in since I started getting re-obsessed with ESO...have you thought about giving it a whirl since you loved all things Skyrim?

I haven't logged back in since I started getting re-obsessed with ESO...have you thought about giving it a whirl since you loved all things Skyrim?
I did play for a bit and i liked i just didnt have anyone to play and then i got in to Destiny

Top Bottom