App: SinyX - I currently have the following games - Elder Scrolls Online, black Desert Online, Fallout 76, Age of empires 2 DE (0/0)

User name: SinyX

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
I currently have the following games - Elder Scrolls Online, black Desert Online, Fallout 76, Age of empires 2 DE

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Usually I alternate between TahsinyX and SInyX

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
Yes

What is their forum name(s)?
Whirly

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
I went to study Judo. I had dreams of being the judo version of bruce lee. With great dreams I went , and I looked at my senior, looked at his eyes. The eye of the Tiger. I don't really know what he did but I was flat on the ground. Before I learn to fly I gotta learn to fall. And boy, did I fall hard.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
I never really had a job, unless you count teaching my friends English in between classes in college. Of course I didn't get paid but watching my friends pass in English gave me sense of ----accomplishment. Something I don't feel often.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Age of Empires 2 DE - My childhood was watching my older brother try to break the great wall of China.
The Legend of Zelda - all of them (except the first one which is non canon). I love the whole exploration and puzzle gameplay.
Tales of Series - I love JRPGs!

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
The Hujur from the Masjid downstairs --- said "who let this atheist in?" because I was wearing a Che Guevara shirt.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I rejected two girls in Highschool cause I had a crush on a girl. The most beautiful girl in the entire world. Ten years later I found out she is my cousin. So I got bro-zoned and I found out I am really her bro. And we are now the best of friends. I find the courage to share this -- as cool as it gets.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
My friend said really good things about the group. I played fallout 76 which has no guild system so I learned to value the community more than just the game. The community is what I am after, in one word - Camaraderie.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Do you guys "train" newbies in competitive games?

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
Sword. Legend of zelda 1 reference.

Krishach

Promoter
Props immediately for listing an RTS for the plan-on-playing list...

Welcome to the UEY application. I'm sure Whirly mentioned the application is about the only thing we take seriously, and its really a chance for you to get to know our community, and us to get to know you. Please stay active during the application, but you can do that however you like: interact with us on the forums, in voice chat, or in game.

Your mosque sounds more strict than the ones I know of in the southern US. Hopefully things worked out in the end.

" Camaraderie" is probably the best word I can think of for this group, but in a very lazy way. You'll see less striving for the top of the gaming world than a bunch of folks hanging out and having fun. We do help new people along as best we can, and some go pretty hardcore competitive, but its never a requirement that members get to any "get gud" level. If you're not having fun with the game, you're not doing it right.

I'm currently trying to cajole Whirly into some of our co-op pickup games; do you have any casual or co-op games you play besides the ones listed?

Well first of all - Thanks! I grew up with AOE 2. So in my country a dollar is almost a hundred taka. So I will be playing Co-Op Games which are free to play. Its quite expensive to buy anything here, given that government laws mean you cannot make easy purchase online whether you have the cash or not. I would love to join your discord. Like right now! Can I have an invite - I want to Voice chat!

Fhaol

Promoter
Ahh Velcome to theprocess! yea I see a lot of you in common with me :) My son finally got me to playing AOE 2 DE with him, he lives in Fla and I currently play ESO a LOT. So Whats your favorite race to play in games like eso if you have one? Good luck!!

Well I always try to treat mmorpgs as a second "virtual" life. So I always try to choose Human or the nearest to it. I grew up playing zelda games so I always try to choose the character with leather armor, shield, sword and bow! Do you likeReal-time tactic games? example: Commandos, desparados

Havokist

ED Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Camaraderie.
That word has some resonance around here. We're very much about the people rather than the game they're playing. I'm looking forward to see how this progresses.

Do you guys "train" newbies in competitive games?
There's no official training program, but I'd say the majority of us have helped out newer players in our number with the game they're playing, whether it's grouping up and taking them out for an activity or just general guidance and tips. We may not be the best of the best in terms of performance, but the general aim is to have fun.

Can I have an invite - I want to Voice chat!
I hooked Tahs up with a Discord invite earlier and spent a bit of time chatting with him and Whirly. He seems of a fairly decent sort and sounded kinda excited when he discovered Kris had replied to this app :)

Well Havo, you are awesome. A man is judged by his peers and hence anyone who has havo as a friend must be awesome. And as long as the back of the forge is a well lit public area without funny stuff, I can take off my armor, no prob.

Havokist

ED Guild Leader
Guild Leader
It stems from Dungeons and Dragons online. There's a crafting system that lets you trade enchantment "gems" to other players so I'd often take new players to the crafting hall, give them a useful armour enchantment and show them how to apply it. I convinced a fair few people to take their kit off in that crafting hall over the years 🤣

LOL, haha!
I gotta learn from you man! How to successfully get people out of their clothes. I gotta learn the "moves"!

Krishach

Promoter
Havokist's and I's guild game goes free next week on Epic, be sure to grab it! Wait, or is it this week?

Havokist

ED Guild Leader
Guild Leader
If you're a fan of space flight/simulation you can't go wrong with a free copy of Elite: Dangerous. It'll also give you some opportunity to play with a few of us.

I have never played a space flight game before. If I play it, you guys have got to give me some serious training!

Havokist

ED Guild Leader
Guild Leader
It will start you off in newbie zone that most of us won't be able to access, however there's some decent tutorials for the basics and we can help ya along with any additional questions or advice you might need. The biggest thing is getting used to moving in 3d as vertical movement is just as important as horizontal movement.

I am actually in to MMORPGS that are likes ESO, Black Desert, Albion Online. Not really into Space fighter sims. But what other games do you guys play?

Krishach

Promoter
Glad to see you back. I would say you might as well grab a free copy anyway, but its not for everyone. Myself I don't play many MMORPGs anymore, because they require so much time, and I keep anticipating my available time would decrease. Have you had a chance to play any of the MMOs with other UEYs? If so, encourage them to post here.

Top Bottom