App: shadowsteel - Just Neverwinter for now (0/2)

User name: shadowsteel

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Just Neverwinter for now

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? shadowsteel - character name

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Just for the record, this happened when i turned an adult (i.e. 18) so I was a bit stupid in my thinking. Anyways, I went on a retreat with our local church, there was a gym in the campground, and in the corner of the gym was this large slanted wooden wall. I thought it would be funny to hide all the balls behind this wall so people would be mad confused over the missing equipment. I admit, I laughed the entire time I was doing this along with another friend of mine. However, people started finding out, so I told my best friend that all the equipment was behind the wall and I needed his help in lifting it. Well turns out lifting a large wall with two people isn't a smart idea, as it started to fall on us. I bolted for my life, but my friend got crushed under it and got a light cut on his neck. It was just a both funny and crazy dumb experience.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
I never had a real job (i.e. getting that fat paycheck), but I actually did volunteer at my local sports centre during my highschool years. Probably the best experience i've ever had, just chilling and playing around with the kids while getting rewarded volunteer hours. The worst volunteering I probably had to do was painting the walls in my local church for an event, i'm not the type of guy who likes to paint.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
1. World Driver Championship N64 - no one even knows this game which is a bummer, but I really like the racing simcade feel, probably one of the best racers i've played.
2. Mario Hoops 3 on 3 DS - who would've thought Mario and Basketball could be a thing? Well, its been made a reality, and it is super fun to play now and then.
3. Sam and Max Season 2 - Yes, the game is linear with only 6 episodes, but damn are they not only funny but great to tackle in a wacky detective sense, i'm definitely revisiting this game more than once in my life.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
As weird as it seems, my best friend is also the most annoying person i've met. He enjoys ratting me out on little things and sometimes plainly ignores me when i chat with him. But, i still like having him as company.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I developed a quick mental math approach to multiplying two double-digit numbers as well as applying a similar idea for decimal - division. It's a work in progress, but a nice little task to occupy myself with.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
Any regular guild just accepts you over a simple PM request. Although I admit an application to join a guild is quite excessive, it shows the guild cares about its members more than I care about being in a guild, and that's respect right there.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
1. When do I get the free food?
2. Could you recommend any guides for newbs like me who want to reach 30k item level but cant pay anything since their parents track their credit card usage? Desperate I know, but it needs to get done

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A mask to avoid getting Covid-19 from the bats. I mean seriously, I could be a level 80 barbarian but die within minutes from being infected, sad reality.

arbitrarity

Under the Influence
Hi, welcome to the application process! I see you've already joined the /uey chat channel in-game, and are invited as a recruit into the guild, much appreciation for taking that initiative. The forum application process is mostly about gauging social fit, so be sure to keep active in responding here (checking for responses once a day or so is fine, just don't let the thread languish) as well as in-game.

Krishach

Promoter
Do you play any casual games or co-op games?

Interestingly enough, an individual bat doesn't tend to carry a virus very long. They have a unique immune system, one that scientists are trying to research for human benefit. Diseases persist in bat groups because they don't have "learned immunity," and almost all spread to humans have been because of habitat disruption or contact with a captured or stranded bat.

This has unfortunately let macro infections such as fungus run rampant in their populations.

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
I'll be honest, i'm having a struggle finding which role to play that seems most fit. I do like this game and started way back in 2014, but it's always been a struggle for me to stick with one/more classes for the long term, be it a lack of motivation or class nerfs. I don't want to leave any impression that i'm just a person who requests to join a guild then leaves hours later, after all this is the first time i've applied for a guild and had a nice welcome. Anyhow, I am planning on still playing the game, but due to other reasons such as upcoming exams I won't guarantee being active much.

Also, I used to play league of legends and occasionally go on gta5 and rocket league, if anyone here is interested in those games.

Also also, that bat joke response was just a 'first thing that comes to mind' response, I was pretty tired when I filled out the application too so I know I could've done better lol

Gwynn

Community Officer
Community Officer
There are folks in the community who actively play Rocket League on Fridays, I believe.

Krishach

Promoter
Also also, that bat joke response was just a 'first thing that comes to mind' response, I was pretty tired when I filled out the application too so I know I could've done better lol
Really? I didn't think there was anything wrong with it. A portion of that video basically confirms "yep this is a thing"

arbitrarity

Under the Influence
I should note that while his character Shadowsteel was in the guild briefly (about a week ago), he vanished sometime after. I didn't see a leave notification, so I hypothesize he may have deleted his character.

Krishach

Promoter
darn. Though I love your choice of verbs there.

Will add a NO for inactivity. Hopefully Shadowsteel checks back and posts, and we can retract. Sucks we live in a time where an absence of a gamer may be something more serious than "I moved on."

arkle

Promoter
i think it's too soon to throw another NO, he did mention upcoming exams and they can be stressful and tiring.

SS, hope you can pop in even for a few mnutes and confirm; if RL is taking up all your time just say so and we can put this app on the back burner for a couple of weeks.

Krishach

Promoter
we can resurrect it as well if timing doesn't work out. Times these days suck and free-time can no longer be vouched for.

Top Bottom