App: Scut207 - DDO (4/0)

Would you have a drink with them? (the results have no bearing on whether they get in or not)

• Total voters
Membership Application
Are you over 18? (You must be 18+ to apply.)
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
DDO

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with?
Thrundrack

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community? If so what is their forum name?
No

So... let's talk! What follows are a bunch of questions that give us a sense of your personality, and give us something to talk about. If your answers are boring or short, we’ll assume you’re boring (and probably short).

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Embarassing: At one time I was completely convinced by other guildies in WoW that Bob Ross (PBS painter dude with the wild hair) killed nuns and was in prison. It made sense to me, I couldn't believe that anyone that paints that many happy birds/trees/bushes wasn't hiding something or could be a stable part of our society.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
coolest Job? Did research in a Spectroscopy lab. Was fun playing with lasers and hanging out with people ridiculously smarter than me.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
FF VII: I dont think this needs explaining
Dwarf Fortress: Great sandbox game that ends in "FUN!!" I always enjoy drwarven daycare facilities
CiV V: It's just addicting.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
I have a coworker that I 've nicknamed the dentist, and when I have to work with him on a projectits about as entertaining as a visit to his honorific title. Never makes a decision, talks way too long in meetings and is just too nice, like creepy weird too nice. The kind that sends your spidey senses tingling, maybe he kills nuns at night?

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I beat stage IV throat cancer? I don't think you want a video of that. How I got it might make a good video... Never knew you could die for returning the favor.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I ready through the Sarlona Forum posts and I like the sense of humor, also heard you have open recruitment.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
What is the avg number of players you have on during weeknights 10pm - midnight EST? How about sunday nights?

Would you be willing to absorb a group of 3-5 VIP gamers that have a sunday night weekly 8:30 to 10PM group that only uses those characters at that time? 2 of us play more often than that.

But specifically I want to app my HPL/EPL re-roll that Ive spent far too much DDO points on is currently FL 20+3 Barb , I'm just really tired of logging into an empty ship.

Almost done!

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
He hands me a wooden sword of course, stupid jerk doesn't know how to twink a newbie.

Silentgurl

Promoter
HI Scut! one of the yellow named peoples should be on here shortly to walk you through the app process and tell you how things go....DDO is still a game im still getting use to, I just got into it last year of August, and have been having a good time playing and leveling up my Cleric and Barb. What is it that you like most about the game? and how long have you been playing DDO? Everyone in the guild are really nice and helpful, not gonna mention the few that can sometimes be a hard ass lol hahaha, let me or anyone know if you need any help at all! and best of luck with your App and you should get a guild invite soon :)

Thanks! I mostly have availability to in game voice after 10pm EST but sign on as early as 8:30pm while the wife and I are binging on some tv most nights.

Also I have to travel to Japan for work feb 15 - march 1st, So I’ll prob only play on the weekends and 14 hours off normal, as the work hours while there are beyond ridiculous.

I know you all are sticklers for keeping up with the application process and wanted to outline my availability.

Last edited:

arkle

Promoter
Hi there, welcome to the app process.

I'm the person that will be along to explain the process but it looks like you already have a handle on much of it. So instead I'll start by answering your questions as best I am able...

Yes we are recruiting and we have a couple of other current applications running plus just accepted another applicant.

I don't play those times - based in the UK you see, but most of our players are in those timezones. Over a normal weekday I estimate we have 15-20 log ins. My best suggestion is to get you a provisional guild invite and then see - the application process is a two way street, we get to see if we like you but you also get to see if the guild fits you. I'll toss an invite in the post to Thrundrake but if you have other alts you can have as many provisional invites as you like. I wouldn't expect you to find an empty ship very often over those play times.

We can take a group but each player will need to fill in an app and get accepted. After that they can come and go as they please, there are no mandatory play times or attendance requirements or plat contributions etc We had a chap join some months ago and over the course of a few weeks he more or less filled out a levelling group with friends.

Finally, for now, the DDO branch mostly uses mumble - any member should be able to let you have the password.

Hope to see you in game!

williamsond

DDO Usurper
welcome to the app process, how you getting on? have you bumped into many of the guys in game?

Doing all right mostly pug’n, no haven’t run into anyone yet, I’ll login later tonight and see if I can meet up with some folks, when I looked this AM I didn’t receive an invite yet.
I’ll check the spelling again, I’m 100% sure it’s Thrundrack.

Last edited:
Doing all right mostly pug’n, no haven’t run into anyone yet, I’ll login later tonight and see if I can meet up with some folks, when I looked this AM I didn’t receive an invite yet.
I’ll check the spelling again, I’m 100% sure it’s Thrundrack.
didnt know about the second tab in the mail box

Very sleepy, so will keep it short for now... Ran with Scut207 and had a good time; he seems like a good fit so far. I look forward to grouping again soon.

Silentgurl

Promoter
I've ran with Scut a few times now, he seems like a good fit so far..I also look forward to running more quests with him! Just FYI Scut, be sure to be active on your App and it was really fun running with you in game :)

So far having a blast, learning a lot, meeting people, and occasionally dropping the soap. I am gonna send the guild link out to the other guys from my smaller guild, only really 4 active players. Just want to reiterate that I am falling off the edge of the earth this friday, going out of country on a 14hr time change. I'll likely be on but weird hours and very intermittently. So far have grouped with the "West Coasters" 3-4 times and barely got a chance to group with the British Contingent, but my toddler interrupted and I had to drop out.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
The app is good and the feedback has been positive, this earns the first yes vote.

Been chatting with Scut in mumble. Liking his tempo. Dr Tom and I tried to pull a fast one on him and he was smart enough to not fall for it.

Apparently he his big, burly, and carries a giant flaming maul. Or was that his character? I forget now.

Scut, which classes have you tried and which is your favorite and why?

Nice chatting with you earlier, so far have really only played a barb and ranger. Have a 7 Wiz that I have no idea how I got him. may have been a veteran thing a long time ago.

So far the ranger has the best feel as I used to play a hunter in WoW, so it feels normal and safe to pew pew pew at the baddies from a distance.

The barb is fun in the don't have to think about position and the fact that you find out in the firs 5 min or so if you should have picked hard over elite. You either rape their horses, steal their women and see your enemies run before you, or you have a prison shower scene.

arkle

Promoter
Scut has certainly been active in-game, sadly our play times and alts are at different ends of the spectrum...but if he is smart enough not to fall for Brizel's pranks I say get him in.

YES

I have ran with Scut a couple times now and talked with him in mumble. Been pretty fun in the teams and fit in will we the rest of us. He even tolerated DaLanman and Silentgurl.
Scut keep checking back and will catch you next time.

Gwynn

Community Officer
Community Officer
I'm liking the app interaction and feedback thus far, keep up the good work :)

Silentgurl

Promoter
I have ran with Scut a couple times now and talked with him in mumble. Been pretty fun in the teams and fit in will we the rest of us. He even tolerated DaLanman and Silentgurl.
Scut keep checking back and will catch you next time.
I don't know what Who is talking about lol so don't pay attention too him, Scut hahaha..I also know you ran into Tom and Brizel as well..I dont remember, did yall happen to run anything? and if yall did, how did it go? :)

Went well! See who I can find to group with in my oddball hours for the next two weeks

Top Bottom