App: Schiz0 - DDO (4/0)

Harplager

Promoter
I'll be devil's advocate here. I'm not in love with your Forum Name. Seems dismissive/hurtful to those with mental illnesses. Where did that name come from?

I'll be devil's advocate here. I'm not in love with your Forum Name. Seems dismissive/hurtful to those with mental illnesses. Where did that name come from?
It has been my name for years in many games when I could get it. I have suffered from mental illness since I was a teenager. It has honestly ruined many parts of my life. I have not been able to work in years. My bipolar nature has hurt relationships and other aspects of my life. My depression and high anxiety has kept me from doing so many things in my life. So just add everything together with Borderline Schizophrenia and you still will never be able to imagine my life unless you also suffer from these things yourself.

In saying that, when you can't control very much, you look for control whenever you can find it. I like my name and I use it because it makes me feel like I can own my illness instead of letting it own me. Does it work? Well, not always, but it helps sometimes.

People can always find ways to pick apart people, or an app or anything they want. Maybe we should focus on actions and interactions instead of a forum name.

If I were a recovering alcoholic I might not like your name either LOL. I am never going to judge someone because they have a name I might not like. I will judge them on the actions they make and how they treat me, and how I see them treat other people.

I hope you can get to know me better and vice versa and that includes everyone in the guild. I have had an excellent time with everyone I have grouped with so far.

Harplager

Promoter
Sorry, I may have been blunt. I wasn't trying to judge, just ask. I completely understand owning a word to take the edge off it.

Speaking of interacting: tell those slackers that you are playing with to get in here and tell us how grouping has been so far.

Do you read? What's your favorite book.

Sorry, I may have been blunt. I wasn't trying to judge, just ask. I completely understand owning a word to take the edge off it.

Speaking of interacting: tell those slackers that you are playing with to get in here and tell us how grouping has been so far.

Do you read? What's your favorite book.
I love honesty and bluntness, no matter what anyone says, those are exceptional qualities IMO. Yes, sometimes they can annoy people, and even upset them, but I think asking is always better than just assuming something. I am normally the same way and my wife loves it and hates it at the same time lol.

I love reading. It is something that takes me away from reality and I am, able to live as someone else or just forget this world altogether lol. I am now addicted to LITRPG Books and I can't stop reading them now. I used to actually "read" and I would spend 8+ hours each day reading. The bad thing is doing it that way, you can't do anything else. I love the feel of pages, and the smell of books and it was a sad day in the beginning trying audio books. I did finally get used to them and now I love them. I can keep doing whatever I want and still listen to all the books I want.

My favorite book is such a hard question. I don't even know if I can truly answer that. I THINK I can answer with giving you a few books that are my top books and one of them is probably my favorite haha.

#1 Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth Series) But the first book especially.

#2 The Dragonlance Chronicles (It IS more than one book, but it is one story, so I think grouping them is OK lol)

#3 The Soulforge (Dragonlance: The Raistlin Chronicles)

Since I was younger I loved AD&D since I found out about it. It helped me through some tough times and it helped me express myself in a world and in a place (mostly high school) where it was very difficult. So those books and characters, especially Raistlin, I really connected with. I have loved him since then. It might even be why I love wizards so much. To this day they are my favorite class and it is mostly all I want to play.

OH, and if you wanted some actual books that spark your intellect then I might suggest some of those books which are my favorite.

#1 The Art of War. This is still a classic of course! It is a VERY short listen too. It will inspire you, and it has real value that you can honestly apply to your life even today.

#2 The Metaphysics By Aristotle. This name is used by different authors, so make sure it is the one from Aristotle. This book is brilliant and it will really open your eyes about things you might have never even thought about. I love philosophy, and this is my favorite branch by far.

#3 The Five Love Languages By Gary Chapman. I NEVER read books like this normally, but it was suggested to me and my wife and we both read it. It IS an amazing book that gives actual value to your relationship. It really helped me understand things that were not obvious, to me at least. It helped me to realize things that I should be doing better and how to actually accomplish those things. It helped me recognize how my wife actually views the things I did for her and which things she valued over others. I recommend this book to anyone, even if you think you have a perfect relationship.

#4 Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson. If you love learning like I do then this book is excellent. It is a great book that will get you setup for more advanced books on this subject or even other subjects.

What really sucks is I am not very good at math. I LOVE String Theory, Quantum Mechanics, Chaos Theory etc.

I can really only participate in the philosophical implications.

Last edited:

arkle

Promoter
Hey there.

Schiz0 has been really active in game, and made a new alt to play with us. Sadly we left him behind as i think Scjir) wants to concentrate on his main alt.

We are coming round again now so hopefully if we can catch up we can group again.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
I really like what I see in this app. The app is good and active and I like the approach. I really like the way you have handled yourself up to this point and I'm going to give you the first yes vote.

Krishach

Promoter
I liked your answer regarding the name. We do stay fairly relaxed, but many times the intentions behind something do matter, and its tough to know those without an ask and response. Whats more important to me is that step back from a touchy subject to explain, and receive an explanation, regarding questions and answers. YES.

I appreciate all the responses! Thank you all so much! I am normally very active indeed. My wife is on vacation now and I promised her I would help get get stuff done on her list. So some hours everyday I am helping her do whatever she needs. I would normally be on now and much more often each day. That will get back to normal after her vacation though haha.

Silentgurl

Promoter
one more vote to go!! woot, and I like the feedback I am seeing, any Holiday plans for you? :)

one more vote to go!! woot, and I like the feedback I am seeing, any Holiday plans for you? :)
Thank you all for the YES votes! I really appreciate it! :)

We don't normally do anything big for Xmas. My son just turned 19 so it is a lot more casual than it used to be and honestly he gets his gifts WAY before xmas day. He wants something big or something comes out like the PlayStation 5 this time. I got him a PS5 and he downloaded some games, so he his all set.

We do really enjoy a nice holiday feast though. So we have deviled eggs which are some of my favorite things to eat! We get a special ham and make a green bean casserole. We have some other things, but those are the best lol.

I am very excited this xmas though because The new Wonder Woman movie will be on HBO max the same day it is releases in the movie theaters!

I wish you all the best though and I hope you all have a wonderful day and night!

I'll jump in on this wonderful Christmas day and give a little update as well! Much like Arkle said before, schiz0 is very active, I have many a chat with him online about the game and Christmas traditions etc. Looking forward to be able to group with him again! Seems like a very fun and kind person!

Harplager

Promoter
I'll finish this one, since I was a touch rude and Schiz0 handled it well.
Yes.

Duallium

DDO Guild Leader
Congrats! Hope to see you in game soon after the holidays are all wrapped up here!

Oh wow! TY so much! I logged on and it said I was a member now! Muwhaha! For some reason I didn't get an email like I have been about watching the thread! Thank you all so much!

Top Bottom