App: Schiz0 - DDO (4/0)

User name: Schiz0

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
DDO

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Deathseid

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
This would have been a very hard question if not for just recently. My wife wanted me to drive with her somewhere to keep her company in the car. I kept saying no and then she bribed me with Starbucks so I went. She said it would be fast and I would just stay in the car. So I just got up and got in the car in my boxer shorts, wife beater and my soft fluffy Pig Slippers. Yes, yes, I have pig slippers! I love pigs and my wife bought them for me! I am not ashamed! Anyway, even though she knew we were low on gas she drove to starbucks first and then to the other place. On the way back home of course, we ran out of gas. So we had to pull over and I had to walk the rest of the way home on the sidewalk, next to a VERY busy street in what I was wearing. It was also cold....I got a few honks. I am sure they liked my slippers.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Working sucks and I never liked it sorry lol

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
This is tough. Lunar the silver star. I love rpg's and this was first on the sega cd. It was the best rpg I had ever played. It just continues to live on in my mind as one of the best ever. The second is Azure Dreams. It is kinda a mix between pokemon and a dungeon climber, town builder game. It was for PS1 and I still play it on and off via roms. I love pets, and any game where I can have a pet is normally what I play. Pets you can evolve! Yes please! The game was and still is awesome.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
My wife's nephew. He is one of those people who wants everyone else to think he is super smart. He makes it a point to make sure everyone knows he has a mensa card. He talks non stop about everything and the funny thing is he is normally wrong lol. He will say strait out false information to people who Ooooh and Ahhh at him for it and it is just false information most of the time lol. People who are really smart don't need to convince other people they are smart IMO.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I love cats! That is cool isn't it? My wife says it is, so it must be! We have 4 now. I like pinball and I have a real Star Wars pinball machine in my living room. Is that cool? I don't know lol

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
Honestly no reason for this whatsoever. I just came back again and I used to be in Dragonars and I have been gone for so long they kicked me probably. I wanted a new guild that did stuff together and talked etc. They were cool when I was with them, but a lot of them seemed to be EU and I was going to bed when they were starting lol.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
Does anyone plan to play Pantheon? That is all for now lol

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
He hands me a ring of wishes. It has three wishes. I use one wish to turn myself into a wizard! I save the last two for later.

Silentgurl

Promoter
Hi Schiz! How are you? and Welcome to the App process, I will let you know how things normally go with us, it takes 4 yes votes and then 3 for no, from the Blue names...Just be sure to stay active here and in game, so you can get more Ueys to say Awesome things about you =p I see you are applying with DDO, I play DDO, its been about 3 years now, I run with Whodunit's group, we are usually on Friday and Saturdays around 9pm Central time, and then we have at least 2 other groups that run, Arkle and DrTom's. Mumble is where we interact in voice, and we do have a discord as well...What class do you play in DDO? and why do you enjoy playing it? if you need any help at all, let us know and we will be happy to help, you should be getting a guild invite soon and best of luck with your App :)

Duallium

DDO Guild Leader
Hey Schiz, got Deathseid an invite and got to talk with you a bit during the night. Hopefully you have fun jumping back in and enjoying all the new Wizard stuff! We have a few active groups going on during the day. Usually if you are on in the morning you'll catch the Brits and the evening have most of the rest of the guild. When you get a chance as well don't forget to add a profile picture, helps with the personality of the app ;). So I saw 2 games listed have any others that come to mind or just a type of game you like to play like fighting games or MOBAs?
Also that Star Wars pinball machine sounds awesome, that looks like one that I actually haven't played, need to keep an eye out for that one once things start opening up again.

arkle

Promoter
Great start to the app. Cats and star wars (is anyone else secretly dreading all the Star Wars spin offs in the works?)

Ran in to Deatheid last night and ran through our usual routine of short man legendary raids, despite him being under powered. Shared our appreciation of wizards. And I now know what a wife beater is.

Look forward to running more stuff.

Great start to the app. Cats and star wars (is anyone else secretly dreading all the Star Wars spin offs in the works?)

Ran in to Deatheid last night and ran through our usual routine of short man legendary raids, despite him being under powered. Shared our appreciation of wizards. And I now know what a wife beater is.

Look forward to running more stuff.
LOL oh man that really made me laugh reading this! Yes, I tried to explain what a wife beater was. It IS a really horrible name for an undershirt though right? Maybe even I should just start calling it an undershirt!

Yes, I died like crazy, but I had a blast! It is much more fun when I can stay alive haha. I lived for quite awhile in the Dragon run. That is what I really like doing is running with a guild group and just having fun. That was probably the most fun I have had in a long time now. We didn't talk non stop, and mostly just had a nice on and off conversation about stuff. It was just laid back and relaxing.

I am finishing off my warlock since that was just what I was at when I left. This is probably my 5th or 6th warlock life. I was doing some epic destinies before. I can't wait to play wizard again, but I am also wondering if I should go ahead and play alchemist first since I lost completionist. I will think about it I suppose. I do hear that alchemist IS really fun and someone said it was a sorc on crack lol.

I will answer the question about the type of games I like now. I am mostly an RPG nut. I love RPGs. I am waiting for Vampire the Masquerade 2 on Steam with utter excitement haha. I do also like survival games like ARK, Conan Exiles, Subnautica etc.

I like other types of games as well like Grim Dawn, what is that considered? Action maybe? It is kinda like Diablo 2. I like war/stategy games like Mordheim: City of the Damned and Warhammer. I did NOT like Warhammer: Vermintide, but maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance.

I started playing Ultima Online on release with dial up and I played that for years and years. I also played Everquest since release. I got lost in Neriak for hours and almost quit the first day lol. I played EQ on and off for 18-20 years? Too long probably.....My main was 95% Necromancer. I have sworn off EQ at least 100 times and kept going back. I must stay strong!

I also play on consoles, but that is way more rare nowadays. I got my son a Playstation 5, but I have not been able to get myself one. I LOVE the Demon Souls/Dark Souls series of games. I couldprobably go on forever, but I have rambled enough haha.

Hi Schiz! How are you? and Welcome to the App process, I will let you know how things normally go with us, it takes 4 yes votes and then 3 for no, from the Blue names...Just be sure to stay active here and in game, so you can get more Ueys to say Awesome things about you =p I see you are applying with DDO, I play DDO, its been about 3 years now, I run with Whodunit's group, we are usually on Friday and Saturdays around 9pm Central time, and then we have at least 2 other groups that run, Arkle and DrTom's. Mumble is where we interact in voice, and we do have a discord as well...What class do you play in DDO? and why do you enjoy playing it? if you need any help at all, let us know and we will be happy to help, you should be getting a guild invite soon and best of luck with your App :)
Well, I always played a Warforged Wizard. We were shunned and not let in groups for quite a long time after release since clerics were huge then for healing and people hated us because of our negative to heal aspect. It was quite funny though because the Warforged rebelled and stopped inviting fleshies for awhile and warforged only groups started to arise.

The wizard was always my favorite and I was very loyal and played it 100% until it just started to become less and less reliable and good overall the more and more they added to the game. It was a sad day, but I just tried Warlock when it came out and the difference was insane honestly. I have played Warlock till this day pretty much. I am not counting my lives for completionist and all that. We all do that I guess. I don't like playing melee or most other classes that much so reincarnation is really tough for me going into a class like that. It is one thing that always annoyed me about DDO. I know you are not technically forced to do completionist, but in a way you still kinda feel like you are if you want to stay competitive. The same with racials now. I don't want to play a damn gnome, but I have to do it because of the +1 int and whatever you get with the other races. So that is another reason to find a guild full of people you like. It makes doing things you might not like that much, a lot more enjoyable if you can do those things with people you enjoy instead. Yeah everyone loves guild buffs, but I want people I actually like and who you can have fun with. That is way more important than anything else IMO.

Anyway, I read about the wizard revamps and how good PM was again finally so I had to come back and check it out.

Fhaol

Promoter
Welcome to the app...props fr the cats and pinball. PLEASE stay current in your app and dont give up. So in Satr wars, sorry if I missed it, which side do you think has the coolest toys? What do you think of elves?? Over played or death to all elves?? Good luck!!

Duallium

DDO Guild Leader
Well as good as Melees can be and tanks still being a necessity in end game content, melee characters are just significantly underpowered in comparison to casters in recent years. Especially in Reaper content where it benefits to stay away from the high damaging mobs, though the changes to Two-Handed Fighting has started to help there. So unless you're going for that heroic completionist, its much more meta right now to stay a caster. As for grinding racial past lives, if there is a race you really don't wanna play there is a item you can buy in the DDO store that lets you take another race as your past life when you TR instead of your current one, just have to drop a little cash for it. Called Memories of (insert race you want here) if I remember correctly. Funny though that you hate gnomes that much and they make some of the best Wizards!

Mutiny

Unrepentant's Andy Griffith
Community Officer
Hi. How'd you come up with your name?

Hi. How'd you come up with your name?
I was just a dirty thief and stole it from Darkseid and just changed it to fit me better lol.

(Darkseid is a supervillain for people who might not know)

Also, I really like Darkseid as a villain and he is one of my favorites.

Well as good as Melees can be and tanks still being a necessity in end game content, melee characters are just significantly underpowered in comparison to casters in recent years. Especially in Reaper content where it benefits to stay away from the high damaging mobs, though the changes to Two-Handed Fighting has started to help there. So unless you're going for that heroic completionist, its much more meta right now to stay a caster. As for grinding racial past lives, if there is a race you really don't wanna play there is a item you can buy in the DDO store that lets you take another race as your past life when you TR instead of your current one, just have to drop a little cash for it. Called Memories of (insert race you want here) if I remember correctly. Funny though that you hate gnomes that much and they make some of the best Wizards!
I have always been that way, even in AD&D. I NEED to be a caster lol, it is in my soul! haha. I saw those wishes for different racials. One of the first things I did when I came back was look at the store. I had a +7 supreme tome and I got a +8 now. I upgraded my crafting storage a bit. I upgraded platinum storage so I didn't have to keep 2m plat on so many other storage toons so that was very cool too. Not like plat is worth a ton, but I waste a lot on pots and scrolls.

OH I also just thought of something else! I hate playing a toon that doesn't have dimension door. I LOVE that spell! :)

I am having SO much fun on my wizard though! I am only level 4, almost 5, but the pet is amazing now! I only have 1 druid life and I already want to get two more so I can stack his stats!

arkle

Promoter
Seen a lot of Death in DDO (see the joke there?) but currently working mostly at different levels. I'll do some feywild heroic quests with you if you run those, got build up my stash of items for the set bonuses.

How did you end up with 4 cats? Did you get 4 to start with or work your way up from 1, getting a new one every so often?

Seen a lot of Death in DDO (see the joke there?) but currently working mostly at different levels. I'll do some feywild heroic quests with you if you run those, got build up my stash of items for the set bonuses.

How did you end up with 4 cats? Did you get 4 to start with or work your way up from 1, getting a new one every so often?
Well, we normally have 5 cats. That was how many we had for years. One died though, then we got another one and then another one died. So we have stayed at four since then. We got most of them semi slowly over time. My mom lives in Tennessee and is a self made animal shelter. So every time I would visit her I would (not on purpose) just find a cat I loved and then not be able to leave without it lol. That is why I can't go into stores that have animal adoptions because I will come out with a cat every time. I have had cats and dogs all my life. I don't have or want any dogs now, I am a cat person. I am at a point though where I kinda feel that once these are gone I don't want anymore. I have had so much animal death in my life (I am eh? 41? 42? I forget haha) It never gets easier watching them die or taking them to the vet because they have cancer (VERY common sadly) and having them put to sleep so they don't suffer.
My favorite cat in my life was Boo. He was a very big(not fat) just big black cat. He was seriously my best friend(Yes, yes I have a human friend too! pet owners will understand haha) We found out he had cancer and they told us what he had and that chemo would help him. We paid thousands for chemo for him and in the end he still died and we found out they were wrong about the type of cancer he had /sigh. We will never try that again though. I hope my selfishness to keep him alive longer didn't make his last moments on earth worse. Every time we had to drive him to get his chemo we stopped and bought him a fish sandwich. He loved them. At the very end he stopped eating. Everyone tried to get him to eat and then I tried and he ate some. He would only eat for me. It is those times though that just make you want to never get another pet. It is too hard sometimes to deal with that stuff.

Its been ages since I posted anything on the forums! I've been having chats with Death over the past day! We connect in our shared "being relatively new to the game"ness (in comparison to the brits anyway)! Looking forward to running more Legendary raids and farming reaper xp together! See ya in game!

Silentgurl

Promoter
I only died maybe like 2 or 3 times with the runs lastnight =p hahaha, better than the normal death count...How long you been with DDO? you try any other mmos? :)

I only died maybe like 2 or 3 times with the runs lastnight =p hahaha, better than the normal death count...How long you been with DDO? you try any other mmos? :)
I have played DDO on and off since pre order play. I played Ultima Online since that released on and off, but I quit that a long time ago returned a few times, but pretty much quit. I did play on some private servers for it also. I played Everquest since first day release also and I played that on and off for 18-20 years? I always mained a necromancer.

I have played SO many mmo's I probably can't list them all, or I will probably forget some.

UO, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Star Wars Galaxies, City of heroes, Elder Scrolls Online, Eve Online, FFXI, FFXIV, Istaria, The Matrix Online, Warhammer Online, Wildstar, Vanguard Saga of Heroes, Darkfall, Shadowbane, Guild Wars games, Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest Online Adventures, Lord of the rings online, Age of Conan, Star Trek Online, World of Wacraft, Wizard101, Project Gorgon. I probably played more, but I can't remember.

Right now I am waiting for Pantheon

I am watching Defend the Night, Saga of Lucimia, and Fractured

Silentgurl

Promoter
I have played DDO on and off since pre order play. I played Ultima Online since that released on and off, but I quit that a long time ago returned a few times, but pretty much quit. I did play on some private servers for it also. I played Everquest since first day release also and I played that on and off for 18-20 years? I always mained a necromancer.

I have played SO many mmo's I probably can't list them all, or I will probably forget some.

UO, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Star Wars Galaxies, City of heroes, Elder Scrolls Online, Eve Online, FFXI, FFXIV, Istaria, The Matrix Online, Warhammer Online, Wildstar, Vanguard Saga of Heroes, Darkfall, Shadowbane, Guild Wars games, Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest Online Adventures, Lord of the rings online, Age of Conan, Star Trek Online, World of Wacraft, Wizard101, Project Gorgon. I probably played more, but I can't remember.

Right now I am waiting for Pantheon

I am watching Defend the Night, Saga of Lucimia, and Fractured
you played alot of them then lol hahaha

Top Bottom