App: Rynosh - Neverwinter (0/0)

User name: Rynosh

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
Neverwinter

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Rynosh

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
Hurmmm, funny now that I look back at it but at the time I was embarrassed. I was a youngen sent to Jamaica for 4 months and one weekend they wanted to get us off camp so they sent us to an all inclusive resort called Hedonism II, I didn't even know what that meant at the time because I grew up in a small fishing village. There was three of us and lets say i got very drunk ended up in some night club where some lady came in dressed only in chaps. I wasn't paying attention and she tried to handcuff my buddy but his wrist was too big, next thing i knew i was handcuffed to her with her giving me a riding chop pulling me around the bar telling me to whip her.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
Have only had one job, Canadian Army. However the best of my many different assignments is kind of a tie of my last two. Commanding my own unit and my current one where i work in a British Unit that tests new equipment coming into service, well because Canada doesn't buy anything, lol.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Hurmmm, Elite (the original), Baldur's Gate I and II and X-wing (prob just gave my age away!!)

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
To be honest i just ignore annoying people, most of the time. However i do get annoyed at work when some of my peers call me colonial and they think it is funny.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
Will attach a video, was hosting a visit 2 weeks ago and got to drive around in this beast - going 60km/h. Doesn't sound that fast till your head is out and it weighs 70t+

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
First of all, can i be Billy Idol or is he taken?

I like that you play multiple games and your ten commandments. I play a lot of MMOs, but I haven't joined a guild since my RVR guild feel apart 2 years ago. Since then have been going solo, but since i have decided to give Neverwinter a try, i figured i would like to join a community. To me, a guild is more than just a game, it is a group of people that you get to know and become friends with -- zoom pub parties, trying new games and other shit.

Also to be honest an application is a two way street, it isn't just about seeing if the person fits but also the person needs to see if this is what they are looking for. The best way to do that is to do some initial research and then jump right in and give it a go.

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
So many, lol but here is a simple one.
How did WildCards become unrepentant? or was it the other way around where Wildcards was a subset?

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A flashlight with a bat-signal!

Hey Rynosh, welcome to the application process. I'm a former Neverwinter player, but as I was online when you submitted your app I thought I'd say hello. Someone will be along shortly to post info on the app process.

I was a big fan of X-Wing back in the day, have you checked out Squadrons? I have heard great things from friends, but I decided I wanted to build my new rig with VR (currently in progress) before I play it. I also played through both BG 1 and 2 twice. I liked 2 a lot more. I may be the only person who said "no Minsc, you and your stupid hamster are not coming with me" :D . My loss I suppose. I'm excited for BG3 as well.

I'm not sure you can be Billy Idol. We'd need a video of you dancing with yourself at a white wedding, preferably followed by a rebellious yell into a rocking cradle.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Also to be honest an application is a two way street, it isn't just about seeing if the person fits but also the person needs to see if this is what they are looking for. The best way to do that is to do some initial research and then jump right in and give it a go.
Exactly, you get bonus points for understanding this concept. Also, showing your age a little is a positive, I started gaming back in the Ultima 3 and Wizardry days.

Hey Rynosh, welcome to the application process. I'm a former Neverwinter player, but as I was online when you submitted your app I thought I'd say hello. Someone will be along shortly to post info on the app process.

I was a big fan of X-Wing back in the day, have you checked out Squadrons? I have heard great things from friends, but I decided I wanted to build my new rig with VR (currently in progress) before I play it. I also played through both BG 1 and 2 twice. I liked 2 a lot more. I may be the only person who said "no Minsc, you and your stupid hamster are not coming with me" :D . My loss I suppose. I'm excited for BG3 as well.

I'm not sure you can be Billy Idol. We'd need a video of you dancing with yourself at a white wedding, preferably followed by a rebellious yell into a rocking cradle.

Urghhh, Minsc - I should have put him down as someone that annoyed me, lol. He would have been gone right at the beginning if I didn’t need Jaheira. Agree BG3 does look good, but waiting for it to come out of early release.

Thanks for the Sqaudrons mention, I will need to check it out And I’m sure there has to be some video of me busting a robot or chicken at a white wedding!

arbitrarity

Under the Influence
In terms of in-game things in Neverwinter, I'd suggest joining our in-game chat channel /uey (command in-chat is "/channel_join uey") and asking someone online for an invitation to the guild. I don't see you online at the moment, but if you don't get in otherwise, I will try to keep an eye out for you.

I really liked Dynaheir back in BG1, but I was playing with mods for extra dialogue. Bad news: Neverwinter does have Minsc. Good news: there is not much Minsc, and he's mostly ignorable. Also there's a character title for having a long conversation with Boo ("I Squeak, Therefore I Am")

Red Devil

Guild Leader
Got Rynosh in the guild, talked little bit. Seems like a nice guy and he can drive a tank :)

Fhaol

Promoter
Hedonism huh ? Im jealous...did your sponsors know it was a very naughty place lol??? Oh welcome to "The Process" Good luck! Canada eh?? What part?? Oh and come play ESO :)

are you playing Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen?
I have elite dangerous but I couldnt get into it. Maybe I just missed all those fancy lines for a star base in elite and having to rotate my ship while trying to dock.

Yea thanks for the invite and I have joined the channel. Limited pay time this weekend, we are preparing for another round of lockdown.

The guy who picked hedonism knew exactly what it was, but he didn’t have my trait of add alcohol and my GAF factor kind of disappears.

ESO - what server? I played it for years, jumping around between factions as my rvr guild changed sides. The lag in the rvr just drove me away and the guild I was in had rvr raid commitments which made it feel like a job, lol. Not to mention they took it way to serious.

arkle

Promoter
Good luck with the application and propos on the avatar.

I got to drive a APC round a muddy track in Warwickshire but only for a corporate day, no military experience here, unless you count LARPing, which I wouldn't.

Been to Canada a couple of times, well Halifax in fact which i guess is not all that representative?

Fhaol

Promoter
We play on the NA server . I have played on and off since beta and it has gotten so much better. A new dlc comes out tomorrow. Most of us are also in a sister guild you might call it that has daily events and is like a twin U.

ESO - what server? I played it for years, jumping around between factions as my rvr guild changed sides. The lag in the rvr just drove me away and the guild I was in had rvr raid commitments which made it feel like a job, lol. Not to mention they took it way to serious.
[/QUOTE]

We play on the NA server . I have played on and off since beta and it has gotten so much better. A new dlc comes out tomorrow. Most of us are also in a sister guild you might call it that has daily events and is like a twin U.

[/QUOTE]
Let me know the guild name and I can log in and look it up. On NA I have characters on DC mostly but also EP (only matters for rvr). My NA characters are not stacked only mid 500s CP because I moved to Europe.

Fhaol

Promoter
Our guild is EP on the NA server but our sister guild is DV. I am Fhaol on there if you ever want to message.

Let me know the guild name and I can log in and look it up. On NA I have characters on DC mostly but also EP (only matters for rvr). My NA characters are not stacked only mid 500s CP because I moved to Europe.
[/QUOTE]

Krishach

Promoter
Rynosh are you still around?

We've had some new people in Elite, and they all had the problem you described because their default control was set to roll instead of yaw. Left them doing all kinds of unexpected tumbles.

Top Bottom