App: RudiBoyy - I love playing all kinds of MMORPGs :) (1/0)

User name: RudiBoyy

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
I love playing all kinds of MMORPGs, right now im also playing the new COD, World of Tanks, Among US and Borderlands 3. However with the right people I am willing to play any Game.

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? RudiBoss69

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
There a quite a few actually. I did want to snap a picture of me shirtless to a girl that I was dating (or kind of having fun with) and I accidently put it into my story (oh boy did a lot of people ask me whats wrong with me hahaha)

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
The coolest job I have ever had was at the local tax office, we basically didnt do a whole lot of work and mostly drank coffee (haha kind of cliche. And the worst one was as a bank clerc, damn people become so angry and get into a bad mood when they step into a bank it feels.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: damn I cant even describe how much I love this game, even after countless hours of time that I put into this Game I keep coming back to this Masterpiece of a Game, the modding capabilitys also make it so that every playthrough is different for me because I always play with completely different mod setups.
Shaiya: Well it might not be the best of all games or even MMORPGs out there however I love it, it was the first MMORPG that I ever played and the first game I put hundreds of hours into, it just gives me so much nostalgia when I play it that I could never give up on this game.
Path of Exile: Every few leagues I come back to play this amazing game and every time I come back the game, it has been added so much more content and depth by the developers its amazing. I dont even want to know how much money I have put into this game but every cent is worth it.

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
The most annoying person? Damn that has to be in upper secondary school. There was this guy in my class, his name was emilio, oh boy do I have bad memories about him hahahaha, he used to always sit down behind me and poke me with the most random things you can imagine, he even poked me with scissors from time to time and I never did anything to stop him even though I was quite a bit bigger and stronger than him.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
Well I have been boxing since the age of 5 years old and I would say im quite good at it, however my training has been cancled for over half a year due to the corona-virus, so im stuck with my home-gym.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I looked over most of the neverwinter guilds, however this was the only guild that seems to have a really interesting recruiting system and dont just want to join any guild, I want to join the best one ;)

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
I would like to know a whole lot of things, you are right haha. First of all my question to you guys is: How can you guys help me become a great player in Neverwinter ?

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
Damn I think an old wise man would hand me a bag full of useful items, which could range from food to a cell phone or even a compass so that I can find the way out of the cave again (after exploring every last bit of it of course ).

Fhaol

Promoter
Welcome to the "Process" Do you play World of warships or Elder scrolls online any?? Oh so it would be my luck if that old man you spoke of gave me a damn cell phone with no service. So what are your thoughts on elves?? Over represented or meh??? Good luck!! On a side note, its a big plus to choose an avatar :)

Thanks for applying. [For others reading, RudiBoyy and I hooked up in game chat for a while last night.]

I thought I'd take a stab at your question...
> How can you guys help me become a great player in Neverwinter ?

What's the context of this greatness you seek?
As a great individual player? (PVE? PVP?) Is greatness defined by how you are able to avoid putting money into the game, or are you ok advancing your progress with money?
Great player for the guild? Great for the game and its community?

The short answer is: Sorry, never mind all that, we can't do anything to make you a great player. Like so many things, you get out of NW what you put into it.

Maybe less preachy and more to your point: The guild and its alliance members are responsible for NW FAQs, Newbie Guides, and builds that have been used by 10,000s of players... probably 100,000s... honestly, maybe more. And we've got encyclopedias worth of knowledge at our fingertips (the googs, forums, reddit...). The guild is welcoming and helpful, and if we don't have answers, we are in an alliance that generally does.

Back to preachy: If greatness is what you seek, I'd recommend authoring a guide, work on the NW wiki. There's a FAQ in the NW reddit that is continually getting out of date and could use your help. Make an on-line build that is more than "Here's what I did." Write from the perspective of "Here's **why** I do it." In the process, you'll take ownership for the knowledge you put there and you'll need to do your homework. You'll grow your social network and bump into the people that "matter" and you'll gain their perspectives. If you are human, you will put in stuff that's wrong, and the interwebs will let you know about it. Even if you do it for purely selfish reasons, it's an exercise that will accelerate you along the path toward greatness.

Ok... question back to you: What lessons has boxing taught you?

Welcome to the "Process" Do you play World of warships or Elder scrolls online any?? Oh so it would be my luck if that old man you spoke of gave me a damn cell phone with no service. So what are your thoughts on elves?? Over represented or meh??? Good luck!! On a side note, its a big plus to choose an avatar :)
Hey Fhaol, glad to already see responses to this thread, I have played Elder Scrolls Online for about 50 hours, however it did put me off quite a bit that I could not play certain dungeons without making a payed subscription. Felt kind of fooled tbh because the game advertises itself as "subscription free" or something along those lines. About Elves, I love dark elves in any game that has them, however I do not like High Elves because they kind of have this sense of superiority (well at least in my books). Also thanks for the hint on an avatar ;)

Thanks for applying. [For others reading, RudiBoyy and I hooked up in game chat for a while last night.]

I thought I'd take a stab at your question...
> How can you guys help me become a great player in Neverwinter ?

What's the context of this greatness you seek?
As a great individual player? (PVE? PVP?) Is greatness defined by how you are able to avoid putting money into the game, or are you ok advancing your progress with money?
Great player for the guild? Great for the game and its community?

The short answer is: Sorry, never mind all that, we can't do anything to make you a great player. Like so many things, you get out of NW what you put into it.

Maybe less preachy and more to your point: The guild and its alliance members are responsible for NW FAQs, Newbie Guides, and builds that have been used by 10,000s of players... probably 100,000s... honestly, maybe more. And we've got encyclopedias worth of knowledge at our fingertips (the googs, forums, reddit...). The guild is welcoming and helpful, and if we don't have answers, we are in an alliance that generally does.

Back to preachy: If greatness is what you seek, I'd recommend authoring a guide, work on the NW wiki. There's a FAQ in the NW reddit that is continually getting out of date and could use your help. Make an on-line build that is more than "Here's what I did." Write from the perspective of "Here's **why** I do it." In the process, you'll take ownership for the knowledge you put there and you'll need to do your homework. You'll grow your social network and bump into the people that "matter" and you'll gain their perspectives. If you are human, you will put in stuff that's wrong, and the interwebs will let you know about it. Even if you do it for purely selfish reasons, it's an exercise that will accelerate you along the path toward greatness.

Ok... question back to you: What lessons has boxing taught you?
Hey heethin, thank you for responding to this thread. My question was in terms of being a great individual player, in terms of character progression that is, I think you answered it quite well and im welcoming the knowledge that I can get from joining a guild.
To your Question: Boxing has taught me so many things, but the biggest and most important lesson everyone can learn from boxing is that studiousness always pays of. Every time I did not want to go to a training session and gave in to the lazyness that slumbers inside all of us, I did infact regret it because Im always thinking about the things I have missed out on. In the end you always get statisfaction from doing things, that you did not want to do in the first place. It is quite the training for your personal discipline. You can apply this sort of thinking for all aspects of live and reduce it to one simple philisophy that I have been living by my whole life "If you dont want to do it, but have nothing better to do, do it"

Fhaol

Promoter
Well yea I hate High elves too and dark are the best of the bunch IMHO. As for pay ESO the base game is cheap and compared to the content you can play on, say wow its a deal. You have to pay to playy anything there.I guess Im old school having spent tons of quartrs in just an hour 15 bucks a munth for hours of enjoymentt is nothing. The perks of subbing are awesome if you want to craft and you get a stipend of crowns that you can use to :buy" dlcs you rea;;y like and then unsub whenever. But to each his or her own. I love its not cartoony or animish.

Hey Fhaol, glad to already see responses to this thread, I have played Elder Scrolls Online for about 50 hours, however it did put me off quite a bit that I could not play certain dungeons without making a payed subscription. Felt kind of fooled tbh because the game advertises itself as "subscription free" or something along those lines. About Elves, I love dark elves in any game that has them, however I do not like High Elves because they kind of have this sense of superiority (well at least in my books). Also thanks for the hint on an avatar ;)

Well yea I hate High elves too and dark are the best of the bunch IMHO. As for pay ESO the base game is cheap and compared to the content you can play on, say wow its a deal. You have to pay to playy anything there.I guess Im old school having spent tons of quartrs in just an hour 15 bucks a munth for hours of enjoymentt is nothing. The perks of subbing are awesome if you want to craft and you get a stipend of crowns that you can use to :buy" dlcs you rea;;y like and then unsub whenever. But to each his or her own. I love its not cartoony or animish.
Haha, yeah I just love the dark style of games like neverwinter, darksouls, grim dawn, diablo and also dont like cartoonish or anime style games a whole lot, however I do like watching anime quite a lot, how about you ?

Had a good dungeon run with RudiBoyy. He fell into a spiked pit trap and I laughed and laughed and laughed. Noob!! 12/10 would watch him again.

> I dont have enough time to prep for tournaments anymore.

Tournaments? What are they like? I'm thinking of formats... how many fights, and how long are they, over how many days are we talking?

Had a good dungeon run with RudiBoyy. He fell into a spiked pit trap and I laughed and laughed and laughed. Noob!! 12/10 would watch him again.

> I dont have enough time to prep for tournaments anymore.

Tournaments? What are they like? I'm thinking of formats... how many fights, and how long are they, over how many days are we talking?
Haha that was so embarrassing, I had to walk the whole way to you guys in pure shame 😂. I enjoyed it too thought, it was great! Well and the boxing tournaments I had as a kid were pretty much boxing club vs boxing club (thats the way most amateur tournaments are going). So basically every club has a roster consisting of however many fighters were agreed upon beforehand. The club with most fights won, wins the tournament. The duration of the fights in amateur boxing are always three rounds, that last three minutes each. And most of the times the tournament lasted one day and if noone was majorly injured then we would go for dinner all together (only our club)

Fhaol

Promoter
I dont wwatch anime although I grew up watching a lot if Speed Racer and Aqua boy qualify lol.

Haha, yeah I just love the dark style of games like neverwinter, darksouls, grim dawn, diablo and also dont like cartoonish or anime style games a whole lot, however I do like watching anime quite a lot, how about you ?

Fhaol

Promoter
Anime?? Nah a niece had me watch Howels house or something like that it was cool... so besodes anime what is your preferred genre of movies??

Alright haha, to each their own. Are there any Movies or something else you like to watch?

Krishach

Promoter
We do have a few other games out there. We still play Left 4 Dead 2, which I recently discovered exactly how bad I am at it... Vermintide 2, Among Us, Dead by Daylight... I also go for Last Stand, and some Helldivers. I believe Vermintide 2 and Helldivers are on sale now; have to check the others. Have you played any of those? Do you have any co-op games you might recommend?

Anime?? Nah a niece had me watch Howels house or something like that it was cool... so besodes anime what is your preferred genre of movies??
Haha, my preferred genre of movies is Horror. What about you ?

We do have a few other games out there. We still play Left 4 Dead 2, which I recently discovered exactly how bad I am at it... Vermintide 2, Among Us, Dead by Daylight... I also go for Last Stand, and some Helldivers. I believe Vermintide 2 and Helldivers are on sale now; have to check the others. Have you played any of those? Do you have any co-op games you might recommend?
I have actually played Vermintide 2 a lot, even preordered it and made it to the highest difficulty. However I did not bother with the dlcs. As for Co-Op Games, every Borderlands except for the pre-sequel. The pre-sequel just sucks man, I was so disappointed when I played it with my homies.

Krishach

Promoter
Some of the DLCs were pretty good level additions, but only one person has to have them for the group to play. Some of us have them, so if you're free lets grab a game.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
I'm liking this app so far. How was your holiday season? Have you been able to meet up with us online?

arkle

Promoter
Sorry to be the pedant in the room but your OP title is too long - too long that it didnt all fit in and too long to allow us to monitor your votes (4 YES hopefully and 0 NO)

I think i can edit it for you, would you like to suggest a shorter title?

And welcome to the app process, it looks to have made a good start to me and but for the holiday period we might be further on.

Top Bottom