App: RogueRedHawk - FFXIV, Among Us, Steam Coops (4/0)

I've chatted with RRH (easier) a bit and so far so good! I look forward to getting to know you a bit more and playing FFXIV with you.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I a SCUBA diver!

I have around 150 dives in 12 countries. Among the coolest things I have seen: sea turtles the size of large dogs, whale sharks, manta rays, and a tiger shark.
Okay.. this is really cool! I've always wanted to get into SCUBA and love every form of nature. I'd love to hear some of your stories about this! Swimming with a whale shark is on my bullet list for sure. Also diving in a shark cage and watching great whites in action. Have you ever done that and if not, would you?

What do you all drink?
My go to is either a double shot of whisky on ice with a splash of bitters, Michelob Ultra (don't judge), a nice Stone IPA or if I'm feeling like a change I'll toss a shot of vodka in a Vitamin Water Zero. By far though my "go to" drink is simply water. I could float away with all the water I drink. :)

I'm with you on FF6, one of my favorite games ever.

What were a few of your favorite places to dive that you would keep going back to? I used to dive until my wife's ear issues made it too difficult.
I’ve mostly been all over the Caribbean, as my work schedule doesn’t allow for some of the more exotic dive locales (bucket list).

Bonaire is my favorite place to dive. Between the island itself, the great corals, and the abundant sea life (whoa turtles!) it’s awesome. Fairly easy diving too, with lots of shore dives. Bonus - the bay and the southern end of the island is awesome for windsurfing!

Cozumel is a place I go almost every year (non-pandemic edition). The wall dives are pretty easy, and the coral looks like something out of finding Nemo.

I’d say the last big place I like going to is Roatan, especially if you’re all in on diving. Cool places to stay and nice diversity of life.

final bonus- my ex wife swears by Fiji as her all time favorite dive trip. It’s expensive and the travel is real, but the payoff underwater is pretty great.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
Nice!! I really enjoyed the Belize Blue Hole and I've been diving in Cozumel and enjoyed it. Hawaii is the best place I've been to for sea turtles, I have locations I go to snorkeling now and I'll see them every time.

Okay.. this is really cool! I've always wanted to get into SCUBA and love every form of nature. I'd love to hear some of your stories about this! Swimming with a whale shark is on my bullet list for sure. Also diving in a shark cage and watching great whites in action. Have you ever done that and if not, would you?
I did snorkeling with whale sharks off the coast of Mexico, with bonus manta ray appearances. It was funny in the dive briefing how they kept emphasizing how slow they move, but did not put into perspective how even slow movements propel something so relatively quickly at that size 😂

I’ve never done cage diving but 100% would in a heartbeat. Australia is probably outside of my price range right now, but Guadeloupe island is something I’d kill to do!

Nice!! I really enjoyed the Belize Blue Hole and I've been diving in Cozumel and enjoyed it. Hawaii is the best place I've been to for sea turtles, I have locations I go to snorkeling now and I'll see them every time.
If you like turtles I highly recommend Bonaire as well. There’s a site at the southern tip of the island called Turtle City andI kid you not I saw 50 green sea turtles on our 60 minute dive.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
If you like turtles I highly recommend Bonaire as well. There’s a site at the southern tip of the island called Turtle City andI kid you not I saw 50 green sea turtles on our 60 minute dive.
Wow, I'm adding that to me list of places to go. My 10 year old son love turtles and could tell you all kinds of smart facts about them. He and my wife did a volunteer trip to Costa Rica last year to help with turtle rescue. He would find that one of the most amazing places ever.

Wow, I'm adding that to me list of places to go. My 10 year old son love turtles and could tell you all kinds of smart facts about them. He and my wife did a volunteer trip to Costa Rica last year to help with turtle rescue. He would find that one of the most amazing places ever.
It’s definitely a dive place, so plan accordingly. There are some things to do on land and some cool walks, caves, windsurfing, and a donkey refuge.

But if you’re looking to do 3-4 dives a day it’s amazing.

So, I'm kinda bad at keeping normal wake/sleep hours, but wanted to say hi. When I've been awake I've been messing around with the new stuff in PSO. Hero (the new class) is pretty awesome!

If you could summon an oceanic creature as a mount, would you go with a whale shark or a giant manta ray? Disregarding physics and them being aquatic creatures and etc.

If you could summon an oceanic creature as a mount, would you go with a whale shark or a giant manta ray? Disregarding physics and them being aquatic creatures and etc.
In this scenario I'd choose a whale shark, but great white all the way ;)

arkle

Promoter
Holding out for an avatar...

Hope to catch you in FFXIV, started playing maybe 2 weeks ago and split my time with it and DDO.

Can't beat a malt scotch in my book, 12 or 15 year matured peaty malt from the islands.

Holding out for an avatar...

Hope to catch you in FFXIV, started playing maybe 2 weeks ago and split my time with it and DDO.

Can't beat a malt scotch in my book, 12 or 15 year matured peaty malt from the islands.
Yes I do love my peaty scotches (Ardbeg is one I drink regularly), but my girlfriend's father is a big fan of non-peaty scotches, so we drink a nice Nectar d'Or a lot :)

Fhaol

Promoter
TLDR: So welcome to the process..Ill ask a question they asked when I joined 9 years ago...what is your zombie survival plan?? Good luck!! I think SCUBA is cool thogh I have never tried or could afford it.

TLDR: So welcome to the process..Ill ask a question they asked when I joined 9 years ago...what is your zombie survival plan?? Good luck!! I think SCUBA is cool thogh I have never tried or could afford it.
I think the first thing is to make sure I get to a spot where I can get to a steady supply of brains. Then I’d seek out some kind of helmet since my head would be a weak point, so need that on lockdown.

Don’t rush the humans in the malls, they’ll die before I do, so I can wait.

But if you mean a plan to survive as a human after a zombie apocalypse.... nah I’ve never really thought about it 🙂

Last edited:
Top Bottom