App: RogueRedHawk - FFXIV, Among Us, Steam Coops (4/0)

User name: RogueRedHawk

Are you over 18?
Yes

What are some games you plan on playing with us?
FFXIV, Among Us, Steam Coops

What is the character or account name you’re joining that game with? Makuna Shere

Do you have friends or family in the Unrepentant community?
No

Tell us the story of one of the dumbest, funniest or most embarrassing things you've done as an adult.
The better question would be dumb or funny things that I did in college (thank god for no camera phones then...). Since my college adulthood would definitely be described as questionable, I'll go with later drunken antics!

At my bachelor party, my friends decided to buy the good Absinthe from overseas. I was...unconvinced of its purported hallucinagenic properties. I was given my own bottle, and another bottle was shared by the rest of the party. We arrived at the gentlemen's club after much partaking, and oh my god <story redacted>.

So after that, the limo took us back to a buddy's house and I was uncerimoniously dumped on the sidewalk while they settled the bill. I kept moving my hand back and forth in front of the streetlight, and tried to make the friend they had left to guard me tell me why they had let me grow so many fingers.

Once safely back in the friend's apartment, I noticed that a shoe was creeping toward us, undoubtedly to clamp down on an unsuspecting foot. I heroically army crawled across the floor to wrestle the shoe and toss it into a closet.

After that I puked off the side of the hosts balcony onto the super's porch. I'm a great friend, and 10 years later they still tell that story.

What's the coolest job you've ever had? What's the worst? (And why?)
The coolest job I've ever had is the one I have right now! I work in digital supply chain for a large manufacturing company, and while many of my days are some level of herding cats (flashback to vanilla WoW raids), I get to work on a lot of complex problems and deliver solutions.

The worst job I've ever had was <insert retail job> F retail.

Name three video games you'll replay no matter how old they get. (And why?)
Persona 5, Final Fantasy 6, Mario 64

Tell us about the most annoying person you've ever met, and why he/she annoyed you.
Overly obnoxious people tend to get under my skin. I knew a guy in college who had something to say about every single subject ever. He was never wrong, and instead of talking about things he just talked louder. We learned not to engage.

Tell us something cool about yourself that has nothing to do with gaming. (Free hint: responding to your application thread with photo or video supporting evidence is a plus!)
I a SCUBA diver!

I have around 150 dives in 12 countries. Among the coolest things I have seen: sea turtles the size of large dogs, whale sharks, manta rays, and a tiger shark.

Why choose the Unrepentant Gaming Community over just a regular gaming guild?
I liked the idea of the community. I'm just getting started in FFXIV after looking for a new MMO experience, and I miss the community of my old WoW guilds. Ideally I'd like to make friends that will expand to other games!

BONUS: Ask us some questions! We're sure you've got some.
1. What does a successful guild look like to you?

2. What is the single most important thing that a new member can contribute?

3. What do you all drink? :)

You enter a cave before starting an adventure. A wise old man tells you "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." What does he hand you and why?
A torch. Has multiple uses and I need to see (unless dwarf)

Last edited:

Zandar1

Guild Master Meister, Messer Mover Monsieur
Community Officer
Heya RRH, I'm Zandar, the FC leader and Community Officer here at Unrepentant. Glad you've taken an interest in us!

Let me know when you'll be online on Siren server so I can find you and give you the nickel tour.

At my bachelor party, my friends decided to buy the good Absinthe from overseas
You'd be surprised how many applications around here have started with that particular sentence over the years.

Persona 5, Final Fantasy 6, Mario 64
We're gonna get along fine, you and I.

I a SCUBA diver!

I have around 150 dives in 12 countries. Among the coolest things I have seen: sea turtles the size of large dogs, whale sharks, manta rays, and a tiger shark.
Always wanted to do that.

3. What do you all drink? :)
1. A second family by choice where we all get to play vidya games. You know, like here!

2. Gil for the FC chest. (Kidding.) The best thing is to contribute yourself. The goal is that the U is a place where you can be who you are along with other people who they are and be a community together. Cheesy, I know, but I've been here for 11 years now because of that.

3. Cap n' Vanilla Coke, or any of the Cincinnati/NKY area's fine craft brews (Rhinegeist, MadTree, Alexandria Brewing Co, KY Bourbon Barrel Ale)

Follow-up: Have you been to the Great Barrier Reef on a SCUBA trip?

@Zandar1 : fun fact, I am from Cincinnati! I don’t drink beer (which is like high treason apparently), but I do love my bourbon.

Follow-up: Have you been to the Great Barrier Reef on a SCUBA trip?
I have not but it’s on my bucket list. I’m a bit nervous to go to Australia, something about the spiders as big as my dogs and the lethal flora and fauna.

Let me know when you'll be online on Siren server so I can find you and give you the nickel tour.
I’ll probably be on tonight around 8-9 est. I’ve mostly been working on the main and class questions. Maybe I’m doing ok but probably not 🙂

Krishach

Promoter
ahhh, bourbon. One of the most underestimated drinks. Back when I partook, I (being of modest means) preferred Wathens and Corner Creek. Wathens went down like butterscotch, though its certainly not a bourbon to appreciate for being bourbon. Corner Creek had a complicated smell and was pleasing to palette for a reasonable price. What is your poison?

@Krishach Angel’s Envy is my favorite for sipping for sure.

More recently discovered Jefferson’s, which is very good and a little easier to get my hands on right now. I have friends who swear by Woodfords, which I am usually ok with.

I’m also a big scotch fan, with Ardbeg, Auchentoshan, and some of the bourbon barrel Glens being my go to’s right now!

The worst job I've ever had was <insert retail job> F retail.
I did that shit for 10 years. Yeah - I understand. Do you get the lovely retail voice? That shit is scary!

3. What do you all drink?
1. A big ol group of friendos that like to talk and sometimes actually play games together. Sometimes its just fun to dick around in other games or talk about life because the people are cool.
2. Contribute? Animal pictures. Do you have any pets? (pics pls)

3. Ezpz.

Zandar1

Community Officer
fun fact, I am from Cincinnati! I don’t drink beer (which is like high treason apparently), but I do love my bourbon.
Nice! I'm across the river in Florence. Whereabouts are ya now?

Hello, to you, Hope to see you in game.. When I can get there! And I think it's Illegal to not drink beer where you are from.

Just logged in a bit ago, my character's name is Makuna Shere (which is a shoutout to a few of my favorite RPG heroines, bonus to anyone who knows!)

Zandar1

Community Officer
Got 'em in the FC and Linkshell.

Hey! Welcome aboard, buckle up for the application process it can blast if you allow it.

Well I can agree with you fully on two points, retail is an abomination, and Final Fantasy VI will always be one of my first loves.

Because you asked....Gin and Red Wine, just not from a box or anything that involves plastic.

@Antherious Hello!

I am still waiting for my FF6 remake, it's my very favorite.

I'm Italian so I love a good red wine, especially with a nice steak or pasta.

I was torn on a VI remake before I played the 7 remake. If they do it I want them to do it right and put the time and energy of a full title into it not like what they did with the III or IV remake back on DS. (Would love a proper IV remake as well)

If they were to do a VI...I also want a Crono Trigger remake at the same time, because it is needed.

Music to my ears with food, a perfect harmony of a meal.

tallon

SWTOR Guild Leader
Promoter
@Antherious Hello!

I am still waiting for my FF6 remake, it's my very favorite.

I'm Italian so I love a good red wine, especially with a nice steak or pasta.
I'm with you on FF6, one of my favorite games ever.

What were a few of your favorite places to dive that you would keep going back to? I used to dive until my wife's ear issues made it too difficult.

Top Bottom